Death / Black Metal In Bangkok?

Italian guy

Does anybody know if there is a death/black metal scene in bkk or elsewhere in Thailand. Are you aware of any local band?

I know that once in a while there is something at The Rock Pub in Radchatewee Rd. but I'm actually looking for something more specifically death/black.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an underground scene and its bigger than you might think. There's been a few grindcore bands come over lately, as well as some thrash bands. They all have local acts on first and they aren't bad at all. A mate went to a gig once, said it was alright, lots of stage diving and so on. The best advice I can give as they don't seem to hang out in a specific place (they used to in Thong Lo but not anymore so I am told) is to find the names of the thai metal bands and find out where they play. I don't know the names of any of them but if you have a thai friend, you could find them all on youtube for sure. Alternatively wait for when a big name comes over next and meet up with locals there. That's the best help I can give. Other posters are welcome to add of course.

Surrender of Divinity and Zygoatsis are two very serious black/war metal bands stationed in Bangkok worth a listen. Obituary and Grave just played Bangkok a few months ago...Bangkok has the only real substantial metal scene in the country I have come across so far. Immortal bar is the place for local metal and probably a good place for info on this very underground subject. :

There's a punk/hardcore/metal show at a place called the overstay this weekend.

Don't take the mrs unless she's into the tunes, the building is rough as guts.

Cool crowd, and I like the place, but it's not gonna win any home and garden awards.

I was there for a drum n bass party, which was thoroughly mental. Space cadets and die hard techno heads.

The guys told m20 or so bands will be there playing all day for this thing, 5 are hiphop, but the rest of the lineup is bands.

Mostly hardcore, so not black or death :(

My true love is Gabber/Speedcore, which is basically non-existent in Asia, so I feel for your plight man, best of luck :)

There are actually metal shows going on everyday in Bangkok, but you just gotta find it. I mean Archgoat just played for the Bangkok Death fest. Hang around Chatuchak market as that seems to be the biggest hangout zone for punks, metalheads, and all forms of rockers, walk and check out the shops owned by metalheads or punks because they always have flyers and banners for upcoming shows in front of their store.

Thong Lor and Ekkamai are too hi-so, they cant handle metal.

Disgorge(US) is coming in August. There is a killer metal shop in chatuchak market called Sick Chainsaws run by the drummer of some local black metal bands...it's pretty hard to find info online for Bangkok metal. Seems it requires real leg work. Like the old days :D

Century plaza have a shop called triple 6 and still is open, Lamb of God and Killswitch engaged and warbeast are playing Bangkok in the coming months ,check out indypop concerts via facebook.The scene is very small with lots of disharmony amongst certain promoters and venues which kinda sux.Hope this helps

Surrender of Divinity and Zygoatsis are two very serious black/war metal bands stationed in Bangkok worth a listen. Obituary and Grave just played Bangkok a few months ago...Bangkok has the only real substantial metal scene in the country I have come across so far. Immortal bar is the place for local metal and probably a good place for info on this very underground subject. :

Where is the immortal bar ?

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Century plaza have a shop called triple 6 and still is open, Lamb of God and Killswitch engaged and warbeast are playing Bangkok in the coming months ,check out indypop concerts via facebook.The scene is very small with lots of disharmony amongst certain promoters and venues which kinda sux.Hope this helps

Did you say Lamb of God??? This is a mother<deleted> invitation!!!

Gotta get the ticket ASAP, thanks a lot for the info!

Check the facebook page for tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/events/382845538499697/

My pleasure bro ,see u at the show