Simply Unbelievable

When I was staying at Ratchadapisek 5, I had a couple of 30-minute gate-to-room experiences. But that was when the airport express to Makkasan was more frequent and there used to be taxis at Makkasan. That was 12 minute airport transit, 12 minutes express train and 6 in the taxi.

And the second you got on the train, it left the station, and then you stepped off the train straight into a taxi without having to walk to the taxi area?

• Like 1

Hmmm.

Recently arrived on a qatar flight, and although food was indeed good, getting through immigration wasn't.

Landed on time (which is 12:05), and it seems a fair few other flights had just disembarked (mainly Asian looking at the passngers) as the wait at immigration was pretty long.

I was just able to catch the 2pm coach to Pattaya!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I was staying at Ratchadapisek 5, I had a couple of 30-minute gate-to-room experiences. But that was when the airport express to Makkasan was more frequent and there used to be taxis at Makkasan. That was 12 minute airport transit, 12 minutes express train and 6 in the taxi.

And the second you got on the train, it left the station, and then you stepped off the train straight into a taxi without having to walk to the taxi area?

Oh dear, a time and motion inspector among us maybe?

The time for 'airport transfer' covers gate, walkway, ticket purchase to platform and yes, the train was already in turnaround when I arrived. Also. it was a domestic flight arrival (Exit A is right above the escalators down to the choo choo) and I had no checked baggage. When you know where you're going.... etc..

Once upon a time at Makkasan (say summer 2011), after taking only a couple of escalators down from the arrival platform (less than 2 minutes), there used to be a fully stocked taxi rank. The one-way issues of the roads around the Makkasan location were not an issue. Turning left/north onto Ratchadapisek is possible, then a taxi ride of less than 2 km to Soi 5. Traffic is easier headed away from Sukhumvit. Again, when you know where you're going... etc..

But don't take my word for it.

Oh yes, as I stated, impossible to do now with the express train now an hourly event and the extinction of Makkasan taxis.

Edited by NanLaew

Simply unbelievable , I have a better story to tell. I was at an hotel in Seoul , South Korea and had a flight next early morning to Bangkok, thailand . you won't believe this. I was dam tired so dozed off at my hotel in Seoul . however when I woke up I found myself at a hotel in Bangkok.

I guess it was near huay khwang but when I further enquired I got to know that my the hotel was the same one I booked online and to my surprise you wont believe this that my passport was stamped by the immigration and I had multiple entry visa and all hotel payments made in advance. simply unbelievable . and actually all this happened within 20 to 25 minutes. can u beat that?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Simply unbelievable , I have a better story to tell. I was at an hotel in Seoul , South Korea and had a flight next early morning to Bangkok, thailand . you won't believe this. I was dam tired so dozed off at my hotel in Seoul . however when I woke up I found myself at a hotel in Bangkok.

I guess it was near huay khwang but when I further enquired I got to know that my the hotel was the same one I booked online and to my surprise you wont believe this that my passport was stamped by the immigration and I had multiple entry visa and all hotel payments made in advance. simply unbelievable . and actually all this happened within 20 to 25 minutes. can u beat that?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My dreams are all nightmares, so this would never happen to me

Edited by Enjoyurlife
  • Like 1

What about flying Concorde, London to New York.

You arrive before you departed, quite amazing.

Same in Australia. I flew from 1 state to another on the day daylight saving ended. With the standard time change plus DLS, I was home 30 minutes befor I left.

What about flying Concorde, London to New York.

You arrive before you departed, quite amazing.

Same in Australia. I flew from 1 state to another on the day daylight saving ended. With the standard time change plus DLS, I was home 30 minutes befor I left.

Happens every time I come back to the US from Thailand, land two hours before I left BKK. Even with the horrible immigration lines at SFO I can be home before I took off!

Now I'm counting the days until I come back, leaving SFO early morning on Thursday back to Thailand for three months...

Edit: That is actually the flight from HKG to SFO, I get home a few hours after I leave BKK.

Edited by akspace

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour would be possible, but 23 mins? No way! Maybe in Vientiane, but in Bangkok even if you manage to get past immigration and pick up your bags quickly, at least 10 minutes will have elapsed and then even if the express train only takes 12 mins, which I doubt, it'd still take 5 mins to get to the station and buy your tickets, and 5-10 mins to walk down from Phayathai into the hotel, 5 mins for check-in and then into your room, all in all 40 mins or so at the very least and that' assuming you run like mad at each point in your journey and are very lucky to find your train leaving just when you arrive. However, 1 hour is far more likely particularly since the express train supposedly takes 24 mins and not only 12.

• 1 month later...

My last arrival at bkk was super smooth ...arrived tiger from singapore around 3pm got off map lane onto fast track footpath, had a smoke on the way in one of those smoking rooms, got to carousel just as my bag arrived....huge queue at immigration thought it was going to take hours but was ushered through as a white thong....geez I'm barely 50...straight through and upstairs to catch an arriving cab/ departing passenger..straight through on the tollway to Fashion Island and a couple of backstreets to Nawamin....total time 30 minutes

Lol all these people saying they make it home from arrival (in lowcost cattle class) and checked baggage in 30 minutes, have a wild fantasy and have probably never been in bkk, or even more likely, have never seen an airplane except on television maybe.

Edited by Enjoyurlife

Only to change plane in Heathrow take 25 minutes....

Leaving plane to gate, 25 minutes... I do not Believe you left plane, walked to immigration, stamp passport, went down airport to get train, cross road and check in hotel, go to your room and seat on a bed... All in 24minutes....impossible . with baggage it takes longer.

Prove it!

We'll leave it to artistic license for exaggeration for effect but we get your point,

Sometimes Gods cease to conspire, Karma pays an early dividend,

or for whatever reason things simple work as stated with clock-work efficiency.

This has also happened to me but would be the exception, not the rule.

At the old airport, with a car waiting, with just a carry-on,

I arrived at appointed bar at specified time I said I would be there,

No one else had yet to arrive, so maybe, just a whistle-wetter, or two, three, ...

whistling.giftongue.png

I have good experiences at Suvarnabhumi but only because i'm normally first (or second) of the plane, walk fast, use fast track and don't have checked luggage.

But 23 Minutes is hard to believe and i'm for sure was never that fast in my hotel.

Maybe it was 23 minutes from his original time zone from where the plane came from.

Everyone one is right, the train itself to Phaya Thai is the slow one that is 25 minutes, the express is 15 minutes To Makkasan (excuse my spelling) cause its non stop and THEN he would have to get a taxi from there to his hotel. This person is delusional, its physically impossible to do that within 25 minutes, what a bunch of crap. If they would have said 45 minutes I MIGHT have believed it...