Wet And Windy

stevehaigh

I live near the beach, not out in the jungle like you. You won't hear me complaining! Other than I have to drive my truck with a lot less traffic, instead of one of my motorbikes... The outside temperature is only 27º C, how can you complain?

I have 100 meters to the sea.. but it's till jungle as there is nobody around.

I'm not happy as I was planing to ride to Phang Nga today. Do so geocaching and take some photos. With this weather, impossible.

Temperature around here is 25 and drops to 24C. I'm using wool socks during nights..It's bloody freezing up here smile.png

if i forward this to the Finland embassy they will probably take your passport away!

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After rain, comes the dust. smile.png

After the wind and rain comes the power cut. Again. Crappy, useless, brain dead, bunch of morons running a power company. Been using the same procedure for over 10 years - when the transformer goes bang, put in another, identical, cheap, Chinese, crap transformer and wait for that one to go bang.

After rain, comes the dust. smile.png

After the wind and rain comes the power cut. Again. Crappy, useless, brain dead, bunch of morons running a power company. Been using the same procedure for over 10 years - when the transformer goes bang, put in another, identical, cheap, Chinese, crap transformer and wait for that one to go bang.

That's Phuket. They want the maximum baht coming in, for the minimum baht cost.

WOW - that was a close one. Power completely off 10 minutes ago. Thought that was it for a while, but it came back after just 3 or 4 minutes.

You guys may have to consider unplugging any expensive electrical equipment to protect against electrical spikes.

WOW - that was a close one. Power completely off 10 minutes ago. Thought that was it for a while, but it came back after just 3 or 4 minutes.

You guys may have to consider unplugging any expensive electrical equipment to protect against electrical spikes.

I have 3 UPSs scattered about to (try) protect the desktop PC, printer, modems, DVR, flat screens.

And just again for 2 or 3 minutes. That's bad today for cut outs - 4 times.

Black Outs - Black Holes - Phuket, "The Hub of Black." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

And just again for 2 or 3 minutes. That's bad today for cut outs - 4 times.

I reckon that last one was a planned operation. Someone simply inserted a proper transformer fuse in place of the 6 inch nail that they had previously used to keep the power going.

I read in the other local news source that we can't link to here, that a stage scaffold collapsed in Phuket Town killing one person at the Thai Prison Fair due to the wind. The power was out or barely working (maybe 100V) last night for about three hours at my house near Rawai beach.

How is the wind in the west coast? I have mountains behind and would think that these protect from the winds.

Nothing like that. Sometimes big trees are bending a lot while the wind gusts are blowing.

How is the wind in the west coast? I have mountains behind and would think that these protect from the winds.

Nothing like that. Sometimes big trees are bending a lot while the wind gusts are blowing.

Windy this morning, and then on and off all day. Lots of junk falling out of the trees and making a mess for the Mrs. to clean uplaugh.png

Sunshine, sunshine and light rain, heavy rain, light rain with heavy winds, heavy winds, sunshine with heavy winds.. all changes within half an hour.

I can hardly wait for the moment we can do minute by minute weather predictions for each location. :)

After a nice day, it's pouring rain in Patong, as I post. sad.png

Probably will cause some localised minor flooding.

and loss of power!

This time of the year is called as rain season. In Phuket this ment low season. Phuket wanted to change is to be called as summer season.. and lately as green season.

Maybe it should be green power season.

After a nice day, it's pouring rain in Patong, as I post. sad.png

Probably will cause some localised minor flooding.

and loss of power!

This time of the year is called as rain season. In Phuket this ment low season. Phuket wanted to change is to be called as summer season.. and lately as green season.

Maybe it should be green power season.

The rain is not a problem, but the flooding and mud causes some problems around the streets here.

No problem with electricity in Patong, at this stage.

Just seen an article claiming Man o war stingers have been found on the beaches at Surin!

Walk down Kata along the surf line and you will see many, but very small. 3-5cm floats.

Sunshine, sunshine and light rain, heavy rain, light rain with heavy winds, heavy winds, sunshine with heavy winds.. all changes within half an hour.

I can hardly wait for the moment we can do minute by minute weather predictions for each location. smile.png

You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in Thailand, wait 10 minutes."

You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in Thailand, wait 10 minutes."

I have never heard that before, but I like it so much that I will steal it and use it as my own :)