New Project Next To Hillside 4

mascarakatze

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far they have just cleared it and trying to sell it or joint venture.

Rumor is its approved for a large hotel

In that case it could be empty for a long time. Development in Chiang Mai either moves very fast or at a glacial pace.

I heard it is going to be a 14 story condo and hotel.

Who knows about how accurate gossip is. The security guy at HS4 told me 8 stories.

The property also wraps around to the superhighway where that old mansion is now.

Glad I only rent at HS4... If its 14 stories on the part next to HS4 then a lot of owners are going to be screwed.

Will be interesting either way, 8 is supposed to be the limit in that neck of the woods(??), hence why they havent been able to sell(??)...

Is also why its hard to seel anything on that side of H4 (??) ... oh, and the <deleted> with the spotlight.

Will be interesting either way, 8 is supposed to be the limit in that neck of the woods(??), hence why they havent been able to sell(??)...

Is also why its hard to seel anything on that side of H4 (??) ... oh, and the fuc_ker with the spotlight.

so you don't have an answer?

Who knows about how accurate gossip is. The security guy at HS4 told me 8 stories.

The property also wraps around to the superhighway where that old mansion is now.

Glad I only rent at HS4... If its 14 stories on the part next to HS4 then a lot of owners are going to be screwed.

so your answer is "I don't know"

Isn't Furama Hotel backing onto that plot and its more than 8 floors.

as well as HS4 is 15 stories.. That was the old building limit.

More recently 8 stories is supposed to be the limit.

The tricky part is what gets approved these days. For example the new Maya Mall looks to be about 14 stories.

But most new buildings in the area are just being built to 8.

Could be some sort of special exemption is for sale.

so your answer is "I don't know"

and you might be assuming that there is a project planned. I have just heard the parcel is still for sale.

Face it, the developers almost always find a way to get what they want even in more sensitive areas adjacent to the moat - I mean, whoever gave them permission to build the Lanna Bowl just next to the corner across from the computer plaza? The updated and supposedly more stringent regulations simply mean more expensive "facilitation fees" and cleverer ways to get them to the right people. Maya's roof is 14 floors high if you are talking conventional room height and I'd bet that whatever they plonk in Think Park will also be higher than you'd expect.

The price of land is so high that it's hard to think of a low rise development that could be economically viable at the moment. Retail and condo space is hardly in short supply even in that area so there's got to be a certain density to compete.

Edited by Greenside

Isn't Furama Hotel backing onto that plot and its more than 8 floors.

Yes, the Furama Hotel is at the back of that vacant lot and is physically connected to Hillside 4. Whatever is going to be built on the vacant lot will effect Furama as well as most of the Hillside units facing the mountain.

This is from another thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/638871-vieng-ping-condo/page-2

Cheeryble says

"A friend has actually been to the Land Office and seen the plans for the the "new condo" next to Hillside 4 as it threatened to halt a sale for him.

It is not a "new condo" it is some sort of complex which will be no more than 15 metres high, and friend's sale went through after the buyer also went the the Land Office."

About two weeks ago, I observed a well dressed Thai, that appeared to be over seeing the clearing of the vacant lot next to Hillside. The guy was fluent in English. I asked him what was going to be built on the vacant lot. He said, "it was going to be a 14 story hotel and condo." I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about but he certainly acted like it.

About two weeks ago, I observed a well dressed Thai, that appeared to be over seeing the clearing of the vacant lot next to Hillside. The guy was fluent in English. I asked him what was going to be built on the vacant lot. He said, "it was going to be a 14 story hotel and condo." I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about but he certainly acted like it.

I see they are also doing site preparation on the property fronting the superhighway with the old mansion.

They might be building something tall on that part of the property and something complimentary but much lower on the portion next to HS4

I see they are also doing site preparation on the property fronting the superhighway with the old mansion.

They might be building something tall on that part of the property and something complimentary but much lower on the portion next to HS4

gosh more valuable drivel

Lol, Hey, I'm just reporting what the Thai supervisor told me that was in charge of clearing the vacant lot. I think we should know very soon what is going to be built there for sure. smile.png

I would imagine that a 14 story building blocking the view of Doi Suthep would make those HS4 condos pretty much worthless and unsellable? Who would want a view of a concrete building when you look out the window?

Lol, Hey, I'm just reporting what the Thai supervisor told me that was in charge of clearing the vacant lot. I think we should know very soon what is going to be built there for sure. smile.png

Would be interesting to see the plans as mentioned by Cheerble and see what is approved.

I look down on the site and and have seen the same trucks and crew that cleared the site next to HS4 are also working on the parcel that fronts the superhighway.

Those parcels are physically connected and would seem to be part of larger project.

Does anyone know the details on how/where to visit to see the plans on record at the govt?