Full Service Airlines Not Serving Proper 'hard' Drinks

krummi

If the girls were drunk then shouldn't the police be arresting the airline staff for serving alcohol to people who were intoxicated?

Royal Brunei doesn't serve alcohol but they will allow you to drink your duty free booze, as long as you don't run up and down the aisle advertising your rap dancing skills. I had a nice bottle of red wine but no opener, and nice trolley dolly soon fixed that problem. smile.png

Many many years ago it was the norm to fly from Oz to London and have a decent fill of beers. Last time, a few years ago, I only had 2 beers and everyone was told they were out of beer, before we'd even flown out of Oz.

Last flight from Oz into Thailand was with British Airways. Bad mistake. 3 hours into the 10 hour flight I wander up to get a beer, nope, none left.

Airlines are really skimping these days so 'full service' means nothing.

It's simple cost cutting that's all.... Full Service is a thing of the past but some of the airlines who you would not associate with alcohol like Emirates, Qatar, Etihad are the most generous!

If the girls were drunk then shouldn't the police be arresting the airline staff for serving alcohol to people who were intoxicated?

Royal Brunei doesn't serve alcohol but they will allow you to drink your duty free booze, as long as you don't run up and down the aisle advertising your rap dancing skills. I had a nice bottle of red wine but no opener, and nice trolley dolly soon fixed that problem. smile.png

Many many years ago it was the norm to fly from Oz to London and have a decent fill of beers. Last time, a few years ago, I only had 2 beers and everyone was told they were out of beer, before we'd even flown out of Oz.

Last flight from Oz into Thailand was with British Airways. Bad mistake. 3 hours into the 10 hour flight I wander up to get a beer, nope, none left.

It's simple cost cutting that's all.... Full Service is a thing of the past but some of the airlines who you would not associate with alcohol like Emirates, Qatar, Etihad are the most generous!

Thank goodness for that information ! I'm flying Ethiad again shortly. I normally fly Emirates, but far too expensive now.

Aeroflot gives its longhaul pilots that fly the polar routes, their vodka in shot glasses. Flew many times from Seattle to Moscow. The passengers would all bring their bottles and like previous posts, you could hear them rolling around the floor when consumed. Add China Air and Thai Air to the list too.....

Thingss have changed then.......on QANTAS I once asked for a coffee and got given a beer instead and told it was easier.

"Full Service Airlines not serving Alcoholics Properly" IMO is how the title of post should read.

Who in their right mind would even care enough to post this.

I never recall a flight in which the lack of alcohol either quantitatively or qualitatively was an issue. To the contrary I recall China Air and Air India whiskey and soda was so strong I couldn't drink it. I suppose these 2 airlines will be "high priority" to those who value alcohol as high priority in life.

Edited by atyclb

It's really good, so you avoid many drunken idiots on the flight. Do you want to drink, it's cheaper to stay home and drink

There should be no alcohol served on any flights. If people can't go without alcohol on a flight, they should be seeking some help with their drink problem.

Oh ! i see. You don't want it, so nobody else should be allowed to have a drink. Now is'nt that just typical! I always like to have a rum and coke before my meal. That does not make me a drunkard

• Like 1

It's really good, so you avoid many drunken idiots on the flight. Do you want to drink, it's cheaper to stay home and drink

There should be no alcohol served on any flights. If people can't go without alcohol on a flight, they should be seeking some help with their drink problem.

It's not about alcoholism, it's about the airline heritage, from the days when it was glamorous to fly, and a Gin and Tonic at 30'000 feet was a very cool thing to do/have, and it was expected, it was something a traveler would look forward to.

Of course the industry has changed over the last 50 years from the days of the attractive and attentive trolley dolly's (Although I think some are reaching retirement about now)

You are talking about QANTAS i gather cheesy.gif

saw 3 drunk ladies on thai airways flight to london ,english girls they where a terrible ,police waiting for them in London ,they did not look so happy then

Probably old slappers who thought they were on their way back to Manchester from Malaga clap2.gif

I would'nt trust Royal Brunei. On a flight from Brisbane to Bangkok, knowing they don't serve alcohol, i took my own bottle of rum with me. just before my meal i asked for a can of coke. They knew i had the rum and kept me waiting for nearly 30 mins then brought orange juice saying sorry no Coke left ! although i saw a kid further back get one about 10 mins later ! Never fly Brunei, which had the hardest seats i have ever experienced , again !

Thingss have changed then.......on QANTAS I once asked for a coffee and got given a beer instead and told it was easier.

Same ! Same ! oi oi oi !

Last time I flew TG business they were less than generous and no smiles. Midday flight out of LHR. There were a rowdy couple of expats 3 seats in front on my side demanding they be more attentive with the wine and liqueurs. Maybe the boys were topping up from the nite before and seemed to be heading for the beach. Up to them, but the poor service to me and others as a result peeved me a bit. I enjoy a few G&Ts before I sleep 4 hrs into the flight; I don't expect to have to beg in Business Class for such. Maybe if I had my wife and family with me they would have looked upon me differently?

How ridiculous. I CAN go without alcohol if I want to (and have on many flights) but most of the time I don't want to, I like to drink on a flight. Alcohol SHOULD be served and those who want to drink it can. Nothing to do with being an alcoholic and it doesn't affect you in anyway if I drink a few beers.

I've never had any problem when flying long haul of getting drinks when I asked but some make more of a deal of it than others. Some of the hostesses don't care and will grab me one whenever I ask and some huff and puff about it and take forever to bring it or forget.

Emirates and BA are quite generous with it.

Edited by TheSpade

How ridiculous. I CAN go without alcohol if I want to (and have on many flights) but most of the time I don't want to, I like to drink on a flight. Alcohol SHOULD be served and those who want to drink it can. Nothing to do with being an alcoholic and it doesn't affect you in anyway if I drink a few beers.

I've never had any problem when flying long haul of getting drinks when I asked but some make more of a deal of it than others. Some of the hostesses don't care and will grab me one whenever I ask and some huff and puff about it and take forever to bring it or forget.

Emirates and BA are quite generous with it.

If everybody was like you that would be OK, but too many people abuse alcohol, that is why it is banned on buses in Thailand and the UK, probably in other countries too. There is never an excuse for getting drunk. There is nothing wrong with social drinking, but how many can say they never get drunk?

Royal Brunei are completely alcohol free.

The airline is, but unless they've changed their policy, you can get the trolly-dollies to put your booze in their fridge and they'll serve it back to you... well, at least from first class.

Dunno. I don't drink...and I don't fly economy. wink.png

Your post doesn't fit the op, I don't understand the point of it.

Edited by jackr

Royal Brunei are completely alcohol free.

The airline is, but unless they've changed their policy, you can get the trolly-dollies to put your booze in their fridge and they'll serve it back to you... well, at least from first class.

Interested to know when you flew First Class with Royal Brunei., considering they dropped that class around 8 years ago,

Edited by Shrubbery
  • Like 1