Sign At Makro.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are here to enjoy the heat on an easy going tropical island after many months of coldness and darkness back home. It's absolutely understandable why some look around without shirts. No problema. Every business on the island profit by them, also Makro. And the locals are used to that and more without caring since the days of hippies.....

People are here to enjoy the heat on an easy going tropical island after many months of coldness and darkness back home. It's absolutely understandable why some look around without shirts. No problema. Every business on the island profit by them, also Makro. And the locals are used to that and more without caring since the days of hippies.....

What makes you think that the locals 'are used to that and more without caring'? Especially the 'without caring' statement I find rather interesting.

Thais frown upon young Thais driving their bikes around without tees.

because I live here and know them. They care, sure, but less than the heat, so.....

Then perhaps someone forgot to tell the banks, government offices etc....................................

I meant the locals, the ones who live in the palm forests, villages and next to the beaches since generations.

Of course at the immi/tax office/schools/temples/amphoe etc the situation is different, but not so at some banks. No one will complain, if a tourist without a shirt will come into Bangkok Bank Chaweng Beach Road or Bank of Ayutthaya Chaweng Beach Road for sure.

BTW there was a good thread already some years ago about shirtless Farangs yes or no at the immi.....

Edited by Birdman

BTW there was a good thread already some years ago about shirtless Farangs yes or no at the immi.....

Yes there was a good thread with a few stories in it. It would be archived by now, will try & find it.

Birdman, just like you I live here many years, but I also know a few locals that are not too pleased about shirtless people all over the place.

Even back in Europe, I grew up in a similar holiday destination as Samui, although not located on or near a beach, nonetheless many topless holiday makers and they were not always looked upon in a favorable way.

Just because you're on a holiday location means that you can behave in a way that you wouldn't do at home or totally blank out and ignore local customs.

Edited by limbos

Yes there was a good thread with a few stories in it. It would be archived by now, will try & find it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/249055-man-refused-service-at-samui-immigration/

a lot of diversity posters before indeed. At times when Samui had more postings than Phuket

a lot of diversity posters before indeed. At times when Samui had more postings than Phuket

Different times. Phuket has newspapers & a news section, which generates discussions. We are not that bad.

As of March:

Phuket Forum 74,440

Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao

Now back on Topic, where would you consider walking in with no shirt acceptable? Would you consider sitting at a restaurant on the ring road for example with no shirt on acceptable?

Different times. Phuket has newspapers & a news section, which generates discussions. We are not that bad.

As of March:

Phuket Forum 74,440

Now back on Topic, where would you consider walking in with no shirt acceptable? Would you consider sitting at a restaurant on the ring road for example with no shirt on acceptable?

Views not postings I think Rooo?

As of March:

Phuket Forum 74,440

Views not postings I think Rooo?
Yes you are correct. But you also have to bear in mind:

Phuket:

Topics 12,705 that includes Phuket News Forum.

Replies 149,702 for both forums.

Samui:

Topics One forum 6,900

Replies 96,335.

We spotted an East European woman in Tesco couple of weeks back in a string dress with, as the Makro sign advises, NO UNDERWEAR at all. She was being assisted in her shopping by many crinkly old men.

But the sun don't shine in Makro's and unless you're some Boris from siberia you are going to find it a bit chilly topless what with the aircon.

i don't think people should eat without some sort of a top on either and i don't care if they are on holiday or nor. There are some physiques out there that will put people off their food

• Like 2

Don't wear skimpy clothing in the name of hygiene ! But its ok for some customers to scratch their heads and ass'es and pick their noses , then "hook" over the pork and chicken with their bare hands !

What about young, SMOOTH, nublile large packaged Brazilian adonises? coffee1.gif

In speedos?

Not on Samui...more like this lot tongue.png

mankini.jpg

Not 100% sure, but i swear that is the mob that drink at the Premier Bar, Bangrak !

• Like 1

What about young, SMOOTH, nublile large packaged Brazilian adonises? coffee1.gif

In speedos?

Not on Samui...more like this lot tongue.png

mankini.jpg

Not 100% sure, but i swear that is the mob that drink at the Premier Bar, Bangrak !

Which one's you, sailor, don't recognise you without your clotheslaugh.png

Just seen those pictures and its put me right off my breakfast!sick.gif

Those are quite tame...have seen far worse Walmartians LOL

l.jpg

yes, there are lots of Walmart ones, I usually get them in forwarded emails...wink.png I did not want to put peoples eating for the whole day! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Just Google Walmart Shoppers Photos

And no I am not volunteering to do Shoppers at Makro wink.pngtongue.png

Can't believe those signs. I thought it was customary on a hot summers day back in the UK to go and do your monthly shop at Tesco's wearing speedo's and a cowboy hat!

Naaa - that's Wollamboora, sport.

R

Can't believe those signs. I thought it was customary on a hot summers day back in the UK to go and do your monthly shop at Tesco's wearing speedo's and a cowboy hat!

Naaa - that's Wollamboora, sport.

R

thailand is not so bad just a 2 k fine. england u get 6 months in a mental hospital