Trolls

iancnx

Just thought I would google it and share:

Internet 'trolling' is the anti-social act of causing of interpersonal conflict and shock-value controversy online. Named for the wicked troll creatures of children's tales, trolling is purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, misogyny, or just simple bickering between others. Trolls themselves are emotionally-immature users who thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments, like blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat.

I wish the emotionally-immature guilty chicken pluckers would sling their hooks out of TV

Guys you are just tiresome!

It is usually the last resort for the weak minded to call troll.

Some need to wake up to reality and realise its not all bullshit.

I have to say that I've been on the Forum for a few years and have a few posts under my belt ... and even I made a mistake of thinking someone was a subtle troll.

Later posts reveal that he/she is a person trapped in a very unhappy marriage and for whom English is not their first language.

So to ********* ... wai.gif an apology.

I will think twice ... then go back to minding my own business and catch some Prawns ... biggrin.png

EDIT ... that said ... who knows if the OP likes wooden bridges ... or not.

Edited by David48

That's bit harsh on the poor old chicken pluckers.

And I thought most of them here were pheasant pluckers

They`re all, very pleasant, pheasant pluckers.

I think a lot of the trolling on Thai visa has much decreased in the last year.

There used to be many newbies that were obvious trolls, but they now seem few and far between, which is a good thing. Just goes to show that our mods are doing a fine job and keeping the trolls at bay.

In my opinion most posters create rather good content on Thai visa. Of course there is always going to be the idiot fringe and the odd balls, but on the whole, I don`t think trolling is a big problem on TV.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The Three Billy Goats Gruff Norway

Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll , with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .

"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.

"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy goat. "Wait a bit till the second Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Well, be off with you," said the troll.

A little while after came the second Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap, went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"Oh, it's the second Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, who hadn't such a small voice.

"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! Don't take me. Wait a little till the big Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Very well! Be off with you," said the troll.

But just then up came the big Billy Goat Gruff .

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap! went the bridge, for the billy goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.

"Who's that tramping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"It's I! The big Billy Goat Gruff ," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.

"Now I 'm coming to gobble you up," roared the troll.

Well, come along! I've got two spears,

And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;

I've got besides two curling-stones,

And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside. There the billy goats got so fat they were scarcely able to walk home again. And if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so,

Snip, snap, snout.

This tale's told out.

• Source: Peter Christen Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Moe,

Well......I think there's nothing so pathetic as a banned member having such a pitiable and shallow life that they have to return under a new name AND continue where they left off.

If they came back and contributed decent content then that would be great, but oh no they still bathe in the troll scum pond. The thing is though they are invariably that thick that they think we don't know who they are.

Banned member candypants is back posting the same inane trollish garbage, banned member Tommophysicist is making himself a laughing stock, ( normal for him to be fair ) but worst off all, that guy who was posting as a woman last year is back. His previous incarnation was never banned, the previous incarnation refused to accept a warning and never posted again.

So now he is back with the same complaints, the same moans, and the same vicious childish mentality. Personally speaking I treat these returned members who continue to troll like imbeciles, but this one is particularly damaging as female members ( quite rightly ) get protected to a greater extent on the forums.

It's virtually impossible to prevent trolls returning, however as long as they know that every time they scroll their scrawny fingers across the keyboard they are saying more about how socially crippled they are, that's fine.

Trolls, social cripples, everyone of them.

• Like 1

Well......I think there's nothing so pathetic as a banned member having such a pitiable and shallow life that they have to return under a new name AND continue where they left off.

If they came back and contributed decent content then that would be great, but oh no they still bathe in the troll scum pond. The thing is though they are invariably that thick that they think we don't know who they are.

Banned member candypants is back posting the same inane trollish garbage, banned member Tommophysicist is making himself a laughing stock, ( normal for him to be fair ) but worst off all, that guy who was posting as a woman last year is back. His previous incarnation was never banned, the previous incarnation refused to accept a warning and never posted again.

So now he is back with the same complaints, the same moans, and the same vicious childish mentality. Personally speaking I treat these returned members who continue to troll like imbeciles, but this one is particularly damaging as female members ( quite rightly ) get protected to a greater extent on the forums.

It's virtually impossible to prevent trolls returning, however as long as they know that every time they scroll their scrawny fingers across the keyboard they are saying more about how socially crippled they are, that's fine.

Trolls, social cripples, everyone of them.

They have feelings too ya know.

• Like 1