Nsa Contractor Identifies Himself As Source

News_Editor

PRISM is just one arm of the giant data collection octopus:

http://reflets.info/prism-lets-have-a-look-at-the-big-picture/

Does anyone really need for Facebook to know exactly where you anytime you post. I stopped using Facebook for these and other reasons. Why is it okay for Facebook to monitor every aspect of your life such as websites visited, search history, likes, dislikes, friends, where you are at and etc., but bad for government to do when they are charged with national security.

Because YOU can chose not to go on Facebook knowing they do this.

But YOU have no say in what your govt does with your private calls, emails, and until now, didn't even know they did it.

Try doing wrong by the govt now and don't be shocked to read in the news that you once burnt an ant with a magnifying glass so you must be a deranged individual.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone really need for Facebook to know exactly where you anytime you post. I stopped using Facebook for these and other reasons. Why is it okay for Facebook to monitor every aspect of your life such as websites visited, search history, likes, dislikes, friends, where you are at and etc., but bad for government to do when they are charged with national security.

But YOU have no say in what your govt does with your private calls, emails, and until now, didn't even know they did it.

Try doing wrong by the govt now and don't be shocked to read in the news that you once burnt an ant with a magnifying glass so you must be a deranged individual.

FB will be put on the leash. Search who set it up. It will evaporate into meaninglessness once the bubble bursts. We're not quite there, but sooner than expected.

Such a question ... Mercy me !!! Because Facebook is a Private Enterprise - one that I can choose to be a member of or not.

I have a government of MY Country spying on me. Done in my opinion - illegally - done even in excess of the far too generous laws that allow it... done on a wholesale basis and done with disregard of the rights of American Citizens...

• Like 2

Even when not using Facebook, my new cell phone number is connected with an old business under my old cell phone number posted only on Facebook. Partner called me on new number and the number showed up as my old business on our billing software.

Moral of the story, Facebook follows you around even when you stop using it. I signed up years ago.

Candidly, government does not have to do anything. Facebook collects all the data and turns it over to government.

I personally feel more violated by Facebook's practices than US practices. Once in Facebook, it monitors everything you do through other websites, Google or whatever. Why do you think the little Facebook and Google stuff pops up on a lot of sites you visit, especially sites where you can leave comments.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

Congressional oversight hearings into the long train of gross government abuses of our constitution - where are they?

Why are the posters here the only ones quoting Benjamin Franklin and other founders? And I don't mean people at right wing publications, I'm talking about the majority of the Members of Congress, the mainstream of US political opinion and belief.

Where are the hearings into all that you people allege and fear?

Why does the Congress not see the urgency and the horrors and fears you people so plainly see?

Because they are only in the minds of a small extremist group of beholders.

A better question is why YOU seem to be the only person on TV that supports the government's gross abuse of the 1st, 4th, 9th and 10th amendments to the Constitution. You have an answer for that?

• Like 1

Such a question ... Mercy me !!! Because Facebook is a Private Enterprise - one that I can choose to be a member of or not.

I have a government of MY Country spying on me. Done in my opinion - illegally - done even in excess of the far too generous laws that allow it... done on a wholesale basis and done with disregard of the rights of American Citizens...

For some reason, you chose or just want to be angry at government or perhaps Obama, but the picture is much bigger and private companies at one time had less rights to snoop on us than government. NOT any more. Make them immune to liability and they will do more stuff like this in the name of collecting it for government.

Congressional oversight hearings into the long train of gross government abuses of our constitution - where are they?

Why are the posters here the only ones quoting Benjamin Franklin and other founders? And I don't mean people at right wing publications, I'm talking about the majority of the Members of Congress, the mainstream of US political opinion and belief.

Why does the Congress not see the urgency and the horrors and fears you people so plainly see?

A better question is why YOU seem to be the only person on TV that supports the government's gross abuse of the 1st, 4th, 9th and 10th amendments to the Constitution. You have an answer for that?

Are you talking about surveillance by US in other countries. Please be clear as there are vast differences. 4th Amendment not applicable to foreign countries and only marginally applicable to US citizens believed to be on or on foreign soil.

For some reason, you chose or just want to be angry at government or perhaps Obama, but the picture is much bigger and private companies at one time had less rights to snoop on us than government. NOT any more. Make them immune to liability and they will do more stuff like this in the name of collecting it for government.

All private companies keep records of your information. Facebook is no different.

We are angry at the US govt because it has forced FB to give them those records which should only be used for what FB says it will be used for.

Even worse, is that the govt kept it secret that it demanded those records.

So no, FB is not as bad as the govt, they didn't willingly give the govt those details. It is the govt that is wrong.

• Like 2

Are you talking about surveillance by US in other countries. Please be clear as there are vast differences. 4th Amendment not applicable to foreign countries and only marginally applicable to US citizens believed to be on or on foreign soil.

nobody is "disputin" you after you revealed your state of mind. But that doesn't mean you're right.

Perhaps this will answer your question.

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/29/nsa_reportedly_has_secret_data_collection_agreement_with_several_european_countries/

It's all a house of cards that is about to fold. You can only pull the wool over the eyes of the people for so long before you get burned. In this age of instant communications and people demanding their rights, there is no place to hide. Remember how the Arab Spring got started? People have been dying for this cause on a daily basis. Why you ask? Because freedom from oppression is more dear than life itself. If you don't call eavesdropping on every man, woman and child on the planet oppressive, then you need your head examined.

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 2

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/29/nsa_reportedly_has_secret_data_collection_agreement_with_several_european_countries/

It's all a house of cards that is about to fold. You can only pull the wool over the eyes of the people for so long before you get burned. In this age of instant communications and people demanding their rights, there is no place to hide. Remember how the Arab Spring got started? People have been dying for this cause on a daily basis. Why you ask? Because freedom is more dear than life itself.

These arrangements date back to shortly after the WW2, while she(Angela Merkel) was behind the curtains in East Germany. A few new concession where made for flight data after 911.

Edited by wealth

All private companies keep records of your information. Facebook is no different.

We are angry at the US govt because it has forced FB to give them those records which should only be used for what FB says it will be used for.

Even worse, is that the govt kept it secret that it demanded those records.

So no, FB is not as bad as the govt, they didn't willingly give the govt those details. It is the govt that is wrong.

Secretly. Nope. Just some had their head in the sand for many years. Government has been collecting data from Internet companies for years. Nothing secret about it.

4th is applicable to companies like Facebook working in conjunction with government. I don't like anyone invading my privacy. The government, however, would have no interest in me, but companies like Facebook actually would from an economic perspective and they are collecting some serious data on us.

Facebook's goal is to collect data on every aspect of everything you do, purchase, look at and etc. on the web. I cannot imagine why this would not offend people so concerned about their privacy unless privacy is not the REAL issue. Edited by F430murci

Europe is furious. After it calms down, action will follow

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/eu-officials-furious-at-nsa-spying-in-brussels-and-germany-a-908614.html

Wonder why the UN has not said a word yet.

Germany, and the world, demands answers.

What they will get is a standard response from the US govt that they will look into to it. What they will really do is try and get their hands on Snowden to find out exactly what he has. They will then tell the world exactly what Snowden has told the world. Nothing more.

They won't dare say what they have done at this time because if they lie about it they can be caught out by what Snowden has and the shitteth will hit the faneth in a lot more ways.

The US won't dare say what has been happening......yet.

Isn't it a nice way to treat allies, spy on their govt. There I was thinking it was all in the name of preventing terrorism. So much for trusting their allies.

We all, who can read between the lines, know that there're interesting communications about 911 in the files. Guess it will be revealed to destroy any doubts for what it really was.

• Like 1

It's all a house of cards that is about to fold. You can only pull the wool over the eyes of the people for so long before you get burned. In this age of instant communications and people demanding their rights, there is no place to hide. Remember how the Arab Spring got started? People have been dying for this cause on a daily basis. Why you ask? Because freedom from oppression is more dear than life itself. If you don't call eavesdropping on every man, woman and child on the planet oppressive, then you need your head examined.

You are not answering the question. You cited 1st, 4th,9th and 10th.

The question was simply whether your comments was directed at foreign or domestic (inside US) surveillance?

Secretly. Nope. Just some had their head in the sand for many years. Government has been collecting data from Internet companies for years. Nothing secret about it.

4th is applicable to companies like Facebook working in conjunction with government. I don't like anyone invading my privacy. The government, however, would have no interest in me, but companies like Facebook actually would from an economic perspective and they are collecting some serious data on us.

Facebook's goal is to collect data on every aspect of everything you do, purchase, look at and etc. on the web. I cannot imagine why this would not offend people so concerned about their privacy unless privacy is not the REAL issue.

Of course it offends.

But as you say, you know it does that so it is your choice if you join. FB would not use that info against you if you said anything bad about the govt. It is the govt that wants those records so they CAN use it against you. Not for marketing purposes.

There is a difference.

I know Publicus is only defending this program because he is infatuated with puppy love for Obama and can see no wrong in anything he does.

Why do YOU defend this.....do you really think there is a terrorist plot being hatched by the members of the parliament in Germany?

• Like 2

It's all a house of cards that is about to fold. You can only pull the wool over the eyes of the people for so long before you get burned. In this age of instant communications and people demanding their rights, there is no place to hide. Remember how the Arab Spring got started? People have been dying for this cause on a daily basis. Why you ask? Because freedom is more dear than life itself.

These arrangements date back to shortly after the WW2, while she(Angela Merkel) was behind the curtains in East Germany. A few new concession where made for flight data after 911.

What are you talking about? There was no electronic communications post-WW2 unless you want to include telegraph. Even if there had been, it doesn't make it legal without the approval of the populace. Since when is the role of government to hide these facts from their constituents?

What are you talking about? There was no electronic communications post-WW2 unless you want to include telegraph. Even if there had been, it doesn't make it legal without the approval of the populace. Since when is the role of government to hide these facts from their constituents?

agree on that and was not approved. But that was the deal after WW2.

But did Russia demand the same? NO!

Only the UK and America.

Letters for example, when not with a special security number code were open to be spied on. All telegrams and phone calls were subject to be spied on.

You guys cannot answer simple questions. I cannot discern whether its based on an attention span comparable to my 20 month old or if its just indicative how intellectually dishonest your arguments are.

You guys ignore facts, ignore law, and ignore reality simply so you can whine, complain and bash things you already hated. This is an exercise in futility trying to reason or speak rationally and candidly. I guess you guys just need some platform to spew hate and your general unhappiness or paranoia.

facts are as they reveal themselves and will be revealed. Just to make it clear, no side was innocent. The NSA and cohort agencies were and are not for national security or for Americans. These agencies only bow to the Dagoberts. This will be the result of all investigations.

Ask Susan Lindauer about 911.She was the chief coordinator, asset and UN figure during negotiations and nearly lost her life after she started speaking out.

Maybe to start looking at real facts helps to wipe out confusion.

When you get a few moments time, you might want to Google "Mark Zuckerberg an Obama supporter" and see what you get up.

For informational purposes to other readers, Mark Zuckerberg is the founder of Facebook.

Here is a link with Obama having dinner with some of his PRISM companies:

Between us, we're worth $1 trillion: The world's richest dinner party
By LIVE REPORTER
The heads of Apple, Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, Twitter - oh, and the U.S. President, too. Has there ever been a more powerful power lunch? And who got the bill?

Uploaded on Sep 23, 2011

Former Congressional staffer Susan Lindauer covered Iraq and Libya at UN as a U.S. Intelligence Asset and back door channel on anti-terrorism from 1993-2003.Summer of 2001, her team warned about a major terrorist attack involving airplane hijackings and a strike on the World Trade Center.

Former CIA Asset, Susan Lindauer, provides an extraordinary first-hand account from behind the intelligence curtain that shatters the government's lies about 9/11 and Iraq, and casts a harsh spotlight on the workings of the Patriot Act as the ideal weapon to bludgeon whistle blowers and dissidents. A terrifying true story of "black budget" betrayals and the Patriot Act, with its arsenal of secret evidence, indefinite detention and threats of forcible drugging,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=68LUHa_-OlA#at=640

Oops, perhaps Assange is not such a good person to listen after all. I guess he doesn't know Russians as well as he thought. They ain't let Himyarites just yet. Russia is notoriously for sending foreigns packing just anywhere to get them out.

That description by Julian Assange, whose anti-secrecy group has aided Snowden, may indicate that the former contractor is having trouble getting out of Moscow, where he is believed to be holed up in a transit area of Sheremetyevo International Airport.

WikiLeaks had originally said that Moscow would just be a stopover and that Snowden was headed to Ecuador.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/politics/julian-assange-edward-snowden-is-marooned-in-russia/2013/06/30/67ed243e-e191-11e2-9960-65d66450db63_story.html

You're taking the discussion off topic ... but obviously you have no concept of a person exercising an option of voluntarily joining a private club - big as it is - called Facebook - knowing and accepting their policies by agreement versus being a citizen of a country that is supposed to be restricted by rules in the Constitution from invading the privacy of citizens. Please go open a new topic thread on this subject if you wish to gain such an understanding. I'm going to get back to the subject - Snowden and his revelations about the NSA.

You consciously and with malicious forethought impugn my integrity and my intellectual honesty. You do so shamelessly and without any second thought, reservation, reflection.

You assign to me weird thoughts from your own mind.

You leap to the wild conclusions that you have through only your own thought processes, not because of anything I post, anything I say.

You cannot be reasoned with. You assign to me dastardly values, intents, purposes when you accuse me of the sinister pursuit of contravening the First Amendment, the Fourth Amendment, the Ninth Amendment and, of course, the favorite of all Confederates, the Tenth Amendment.

I've stated previously that the extreme far right and tea party types are over represented at this forum. Your views are not the views of the vast center-middle of the US body politic. If you people's views were representative of middle America, Congress would be all over me and people who share my views like a cheap suit, holding high profile hearings in the context of great urgency and indignation and with a great sense of justice.

But that's not happening. Nor is it going to happen.

So you want and need to try to make me into an un-American, a conscious and purposeful bad guy, which has been tried before, specifically, during what's known in US History as the McCarthy era or period. You would do to the Americans you have identified as un-American even worse than Sen Joe McCarthy did of other loyal Americans. Because when you in your distorted thinking say I support what you see as the "government's gross abuse of the 1st, 4th, 9th and 10th amendments to the Constitution," you are saying I consciously and willfully support or advocate the destruction of the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the United States of America.

I cherish the Bill of Rights. I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States with my life.

So you are therefore worse than a scoundrel. You wrap yourself in the flag and flash thunderbolts at anyone you disapprove of. You are an extremist, a menace to common decency and common respect.

I quote from the distinguished Attorney Joseph N. Welch of the prestigious Boston law firm of Hale and Dorr, who in great exasperation said to Sen Joseph McCarthy during one of his infamous hearing sessions, "Until this moment, Senator, I think I have never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. Little did I dream you could be so reckless and so cruel. If it were in my power to forgive you for your reckless cruelty I would do so. I like to think I am a gentle man but your forgiveness will have to come from someone other than me."

Attorney Welch concluded in his umbrage by stating, "Senator, you've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency? Mr. McCarthy, I will not discuss this further with you. And if there is a God in Heaven it will do neither you nor your cause any good. I will not discuss it further." .

I should also add that you write an awful lot of words to say very little.

• Like 2