Nsa Contractor Identifies Himself As Source

News_Editor

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like the NSA needs a few more of those mid-level positions that everyone got rid of some years back. Someone needs to be supervising and watching these computer cowboys.

Therein lies the problem

It is perpetual as who then is watching the watchers?

This guy Snowden is diabolical, cunning, calculating, deceitful. Snowden means to harm the United States and to harm us severely. He needs to be nabbed and put away for life.

The NSA Has No Idea How Much Data Edward Snowden Took Because He Covered His Digital Tracks

The U.S. government's efforts to determine which highly classified materials leaker Edward Snowden took from the National Security Agency have been frustrated by Snowden's sophisticated efforts to cover his digital trail by deleting or bypassing electronic logs, government officials told The Associated Press.

The disclosure of Snowden's hacking prowess inside the NSA also could dramatically increase the perceived value of his knowledge to foreign governments, which would presumably be eager to learn any counter-detection techniques that could be exploited against U.S. government networks.

It also helps explain the recent seizure in Britain of digital files belonging to David Miranda — the partner of Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald — in an effort to help quantify Snowden's leak of classified material to the Guardian newspaper.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-covered-tracks-2013-8#ixzz2cyByd58M

Makes one wonder how they can say he is a traitor and a threat to national security when they don't even know what he has.

Top marks Mr Snowden, 10 out of 10 and I applaud you.

• Like 1

NSA hacked into encrypted UN communications, leaked documents show

The NSA successfully cracked the encryption guarding the United Nations’ internal videoconferencing system, according to documents seen by Germany’s Der Spiegel.
The publication said on Sunday that the encryption’s bypassing took place in the summer of 2012, and that within three weeks the NSA had boosted the number of such decrypted communications from 12 to 458.

This guy Snowden is diabolical, cunning, calculating, deceitful. Snowden means to harm the United States and to harm us severely. He needs to be nabbed and put away for life.

The NSA Has No Idea How Much Data Edward Snowden Took Because He Covered His Digital Tracks

The U.S. government's efforts to determine which highly classified materials leaker Edward Snowden took from the National Security Agency have been frustrated by Snowden's sophisticated efforts to cover his digital trail by deleting or bypassing electronic logs, government officials told The Associated Press.

The disclosure of Snowden's hacking prowess inside the NSA also could dramatically increase the perceived value of his knowledge to foreign governments, which would presumably be eager to learn any counter-detection techniques that could be exploited against U.S. government networks.

It also helps explain the recent seizure in Britain of digital files belonging to David Miranda — the partner of Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald — in an effort to help quantify Snowden's leak of classified material to the Guardian newspaper.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-covered-tracks-2013-8#ixzz2cyByd58M

Makes one wonder how they can say he is a traitor and a threat to national security when they don't even know what he has.

Snowden stole tens of thousands of pages of documents and information from the National Security Agency.

Snowden then secretly fled the United States. To the CCP-PRC.

Then he went to Moscow and Vladimir Putin who has given Snowden the asylum he needs for the moment.

Snowden didn't steal information from the Boy Scouts of America. He stole it from the National Security Agency then went to countries whose governments are not friends or allies of the United States.

It's difficult to miss the obvious, yet some people do manage to do it.

phew. that's a relief. Sounds like FDog thinks he's got nothing at all potentially damaging.

Loose cannon comes to mind.

Absolutely nothing he has done has been damaging to anyone at all except those that have been acting illegally, the NSA and those that have lied to the govt, the NSA.

• Like 1

Even in the 1960s, the NSA was sweeping up phone call records 'like a giant vacuum'

Face it: the NSA knows plenty about you, and our growing reliance on technology is only making the agency's controversial surveillance efforts easier. But the National Security Agency has been around for a long time, predating the internet and your email inbox by decades. Even when the agency wasn't collecting cell phone records or purposefully looking at your Gmail inbox, its mission was largely the same. The Washington Post recently took a look at the agency's ways of old, and much like today, the NSA's aggressive approach to monitoring international communications often raised eyebrows.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/24/4654654/in-1960s-the-nsa-swept-up-phone-records-like-giant-vacuum

How the NSA spied on Americans before the Internet

In May 1984 — an apt year for columns about “Big Brother” — The Post’s Michael Schrage warned of a future in which the government could snoop on unsuspecting citizens by subpoenaing their floppy discs. Personal computers were new, expensive and not particularly common; the first dot-com domain wasn’t even registered until the following year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/23/how-the-nsa-spied-on-americans-before-the-internet/

Edited by lomatopo

Snowden stole tens of thousands of pages of documents and information from the National Security Agency.

Then he went to Moscow and Vladimir Putin who has given Snowden the asylum he needs for the moment.

Snowden didn't steal information from the Boy Scouts of America. He stole it from the National Security Agency then went to countries whose governments are not friends or allies of the United States.

If it is so obvious I'm sure it will be very easy for you to provide a link proving your allegations, whatever they are.

• Like 1

Cheney Defends NSA: 'We Need to Protect This Nation'
In an impassioned defense of the National Security Agency, former Vice President Dick Cheney said the spy agency has been pivotal in defending America against terrorists and should not be disbanded.
“The biggest threat facing us are terrorists armed with something more dangerous than plane tickets and box cutters,” Cheney told a sold-out crowd Friday at Steamboat Ski Area, Steamboat Today reported.

Attention Women: Don’t Date an NSA Analyst

Billions of dollars in super-secret, extraordinarily complex equipment designed to intercept and store all kinds of communications — and some NSA analysts couldn’t resist using it to spy on their girlfriends.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/08/24/attention-women-dont-date-an-nsa-analyst/

This New York Times (Magazine) article from March 27, 1983 is frighteningly prophetic:

THE SILENT POWER OF THE N.S.A.

“Senator Frank Church stressed that the equipment used to watch the Russians could just as easily ”monitor the private communications of Americans.” If such forces were ever turned against the country’s communications system, Senator Church said, ”no American would have any privacy left. … There would be no place to hide.”

“No laws define the limits of the N.S.A.’s power. No Congressional committee subjects the agency’s budget to a systematic, informed and skeptical review. With unknown billions of Federal dollars, the agency purchases the most sophisticated communications and computer equipment in the world. But truly to comprehend the growing reach of this formidable organization, it is necessary to recall once again how the computers that power the N.S.A. are also gradually changing lives of Americans – the way they bank, obtain benefits from the Government and communicate with family and friends. Every day, in almost every area of culture and commerce, systems and procedures are being adopted by private companies and organizations as well as by the nation’s security leaders that make it easier for the N.S.A. to dominate American society should it ever decide such action is necessary.”

Lest we forget some of the history.

Snowden. June 2013. And his revelations to the South China Morning Post that NSA have been hacking into sensitive Chinese targets.

" People who think I made a mistake in picking Hong Kong as a location misunderstand my intentions. I am not here to hide from justice; I am here to reveal criminality. I have had many opportunities to flee HK, but I would rather stay and fight the United States government in the courts, because I have faith in Hong Kongs rule of law. My intention is to ask the courts and people of Hong Kong to decide my fate."

Beijing kicked him out of HK and sent him packing to Russia.

A naive pawn of Assange.

Edited by SinglePot

And just to clarify a critical issue.

Snowden has been shooting his mouth off about more than just domestic surveillance issues.

Release of information prejudicial to US security and relationships with China.

Who knows what he has shared with Putin?

• Like 1

Snowden has been shooting his mouth off about more than just domestic surveillance issues.

No one knows, but that doesn't stop the uneducated making statements with no basis of fact or evidence.

Snowden. June 2013. And his revelations to the South China Morning Post that NSA have been hacking into sensitive Chinese targets.

" People who think I made a mistake in picking Hong Kong as a location misunderstand my intentions. I am not here to hide from justice; I am here to reveal criminality. I have had many opportunities to flee HK, but I would rather stay and fight the United States government in the courts, because I have faith in Hong Kongs rule of law. My intention is to ask the courts and people of Hong Kong to decide my fate."

A naive pawn of Assange.

It would be a very very dangerous world if there were no countries strong enough to stand up against what the US govt is doing. I am very grateful to Russia for having a backbone. May there forever be safe havens for people that blow the whistle on the wrongdoings of and misuse of power.

Yes, Russia must be a great place for liberty and freedom. Is that why Snowden had to send a mass mailing to about 20 other countries when he was looking for a home?

Well the US certainly isn't a great place for liberty and freedom at the moment. At least Russia doesn't pretend to be so righteous.

If it is so obvious I'm sure it will be very easy for you to provide a link proving your allegations, whatever they are.

You of course are going to say the statements are vague and non-specific, to which I and others need to say they necessarily must be. If you don't accept what these guys say, then there's nothing I can say to you.

Some among the general population wear blinders and love it. Fortunately to the security of the United States and its allies, they are few and far between.

Snowden leaks caused US 'significant harm' - Mueller

The disclosure last week of a pair of top secret surveillance programmes has caused the US "significant harm", the head of the FBI has said.

_68160517_68160516.jpg

Robert Mueller also told Congress the US would hunt down and prosecute leaker Edward Snowden.

"We want to provide the American people the information," NSA chief Gen Keith Alexander said following a closed-door briefing to members of the House of Representatives intelligence committee.

"But we don't want to risk American lives in doing that," he added.

No one knows, but that doesn't stop the uneducated making statements with no basis of fact or evidence.

And we have these threats stated by a journalist who is using his position to pursue his anti-American attitudes.

Wikileaks will publish everything Snowden has. We know this. Wikileaks has Vladimir Putin as one of its major funding sources and has been working with Putin and Snowden ever since Wikileaks and Putin coordinated with Beijing to get Snowden out of the CCP-PRC to Moscow. Glenn Greenwald of the Guardian, the Guardian itself and Greenwald's partner David Miranda are among the cast of bad guys in all of this.

It doesn't matter what happens to Snowden at this point. I wonder if Snowden in Russia knows that.

Snowden documents could be 'worst nightmare' for U.S. - journalist

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/07/13/usa-security-snowden-greenwald-idINDEE96C05520130713

Fugitive former U.S. spy contractor Edward Snowden controls dangerous information that could become the United States' "worst nightmare" if revealed, a journalist familiar with the data said in a newspaper interview.

"Snowden has enough information to cause harm to the U.S. government in a single minute than any other person has ever had," Greenwald said in an interview in Rio de Janeiro with the Argentinian daily La Nacion.

"The U.S. government should be on its knees every day begging that nothing happen to Snowden, because if something does happen to him, all the information will be revealed and it could be its worst nightmare."

• Like 1

A naive pawn of Assange.

It would be a very very dangerous world if there were no countries strong enough to stand up against what the US govt is doing. I am very grateful to Russia for having a backbone. May there forever be safe havens for people that blow the whistle on the wrongdoings of and misuse of power.

Snowden additionally purloined vital national and global security secrets of the United States and of its allies around the world.

The callus don't want to accept the fact or to have to deal with this reality.

• Like 1

A naive pawn of Assange.

I wouldn't call Russia a "safe haven", but the current situation shows that it's important for the world to have several poles of power instead of just one hegemony.

Snowden additionally purloined vital national and global security secrets of the United States and of its allies around the world.

The callous? How about the ones who don't swallow government propaganda as willingly as others . . .

The accusations against Snowden are <excuse the pun> snowballing to the extent that he will soon be the greatest spy to ever have walked the earth.

Propaganda isn't a tool solely of the totalitarian

• Like 1

The callous? How about the ones who don't swallow government propaganda as willingly as others . . .

The accusations against Snowden are <excuse the pun> snowballing to the extent that he will soon be the greatest spy to ever have walked the earth.

Propaganda isn't a tool solely of the totalitarian

As I said, there are people who refuse to give any respectable attention to the fact Snowden stole thousands of pages of United States national and global security information and documents, clandestinely fled the United States to the CCP-PRC, then went to Russia where he is now trapped.

Snowden is working with Wikileaks which is supported by Putin as one of its major financial backers. Wikileaks will publish everything Snowden has.

The situation is still developing, so no one can say Snowden is the worst espionage traitor in U.S. history, but the evidence is moving in that one direction only.

To mischaracterize these statements as propaganda is a complete misreading of the situation and of the totality of its circumstances. Dismissing the national security aspect of Snowden's actions is to ignore the espionage charges filed against him in U.S. District Court. Dismissing the espionage charges themselves is a severely self-limiting selective processing of Snowden and his actions.

• Like 1