Older Ais Freedom Sim = No 3G?

rezbin

I recently got a new Galaxy S4, and got my 6 year old AIS Freedom sim cut to fit it. Is there any way to subscribe to an 3G data plan with this old sim?

I got a test Freedom 3G sim from family mart and it works out of the box on 3G with > 20Mbps at times, where as my old and trusty sim can only gets 64k GSM and does not seem to have any decent data plans available. I need to continue to use my old number, but also need a 3G data plan.

What are my options?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does your new SIM package look like the attached? With the 2100 MHz wording on the front?

This normally would be quite a simple process. A quick visit to an AIS full service shop, bring the new SIM package, then they can reprogram their systems to match your old phone number/account with the new SIM details (IMSI/ICCID) - and the change is nearly instantaneous. AIS can/will also give you another new SIM for free.

However, it may be complicated due to the fact that you need to become a customer of the new 2100 MHz subsidiary AWN, which may require a port out/port in. Net-net. a visit to an AIS full service shop is probably recommended although you could attempt this over the phone with the call center (1175). You may need to sort out potentially new promotions and plans as well? Are you an AIS/post-paid customer? or a One-2-Call pre-paid customer?

post-9615-0-07800900-1370906461_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Yes, that is the new 3G sim I got, although the micro sim variant.

Currently I have been a pre-paid customer of one-2-Call for about 6 years.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rezbin

I called AIS and was told foreigner customers are required to bring their Passport to a AIS shop, when register for 3G 2100. My 12 year old prepaid sim had to be replaced with a new sim (kept the old number).