6 week stay in Thailand

Hi

Ive just booked 2 Return tickets from England,the duration of stay is just under 6 weeks,this is for my boy and his mother,who are both English

My question is,

Do they need to get a single entry tourist visa each from Hull, or can they just get 30 days on entry then do a border run for 14 days.My concern is at the airport in England,on the way to Thailand without a visa.

Kindest regards from Ao nang.

Without a visa and without a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days they may be denied boarding by the airline.

Options, buy cheap or refundable tickets out of Thailand within 30 days or get single entry tourist visas.

• Like 1

Yes, get a 59 day Tourist Visa. The Consulate/Hon Consulate charge a little for it.

Application form can be downloaded in English from the Embassy site - you then print it.

Sometimes they want 1 original and 2 copies - sometimes 3 originals.

Usually they want 2 but sometimes 3 recent passport photos.

The travellers' passports - which must have at least 6 months before expiry date.

Air line tickets for the RETURN journey. (nowadays they will accept printed E-Tickets with itinerary)

Fill in the applications - check 'em.

Take with photos and passports, Tickets (copies) and money to Consulate.

REMEMBER when you complete the application it should not read 60 days - write 59 days. (no I don't know why).

If the boy is a minor (under 18) you may require a letter from the boy's Father (you?) saying the Mother has permission to take the boy out of the country.

And / or

A letter from the Mother's Commune/Municipality/Local Government Office - giving her permission to take the boy out of the country.

OK - I am sure there are REAL experts in this Forum who can help clue you in perfectly.

Enjoy.

There are 3 ways to do this,

1. get one entry tourist visa from hull which costs about 25GBP. and this is a 60 days period of stay, done.

2. Coming without visa and stay for 30 days then leave the country by land border and come back in a day with 15 days stay.

3. Doing the same as no. 2 but leave the country buy flying then you get 30 days stay.

I personal think that get one entry is the best because you will get 60 days of stay. laugh.png , please note with out visa granted you can not apply for extension at the office in Bangkok, you have to leave the country and come back by land or plane.

Edited by rose496900

Both need a tourist visa, or can be denied boarding.

Mario,

With respect 'cos I realise you do know a lot about Visa rules - the OP stated that he'd "just booked 2 Return tickets from England" so surely that fact alone means the airline would be satisfied and let them board?

Or do I misunderstand?sad.png

VBF

Edited by VBF

A return ticket is fine, but if you do not have a visa only when the return flight is within 30 days of arrival. Theirs are after more than 30 days.

The airline can't check if you have a visa till you actually check-in at the airport.

A return ticket is fine, but if you do not have a visa only when the return flight is within 30 days of arrival. Theirs are after more than 30 days.

The airline can't check if you have a visa till you actually check-in at the airport.

Mario,

Sorry for the delayed response - is it then the case that Airlines are that strict and totally ignore the fact that people do visit Thailand and either do a "Visa Run" or simply visit another country during their time in Asia, using Thailand as a base?

Edited by VBF

Without a visa and without a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days they may be denied boarding by the airline.

Options, buy cheap or refundable tickets out of Thailand within 30 days or get single entry tourist visas.

I'm afraid that is somewhat a bit of myth from personal experience,I have boarded 3 flights in the past two months two from Heathrow EVA air and one from Schipol China Airlines last Sunday not a word about my having a visa flying on one way.

That's not to mention the 10 or so times last year from Heathrow on one way tickets.

But as mentioned with it being easiest just to obtain a visa from Hull.

I have flown both two, and especially EVA was always very strict. Even checking at check-in and at the gate itself before actual boarding.

China Airlines is a little bit more relaxed, as they let you sign a waiver that you will be responsible for any cost if you get denied entry to Thailand.

I'm afraid that is somewhat a bit of myth from personal experience,I have boarded 3 flights in the past two months two from Heathrow EVA air and one from Schipol China Airlines last Sunday not a word about my having a visa flying on one way.

That's not to mention the 10 or so times last year from Heathrow on one way tickets.

Certainly not a myth.

Info from this website http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/ after you enter required info.

Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry.

Certainly not a myth.

Info from this website http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/ after you enter required info.

Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry.

I said from a personal perspective as one who travels regularly from Heathrow,who works,can show ample funds in both UK and Thai banks,dresses well,has proof of previous travel to the Kingdom without any overstay or visa problems as well as genuine ties such as a home,car,wife and children.

It's all about how you go about it,the airlines are not that harsh if they know who's doing what and have genuine recourse to travel all the time.

I know what I can and can't get away with regarding travelling to Thailand,many people clearly do not.