If you had to send your kids to a good school nearby, what neighboring country

Will2011

Yep, that's a good one for academics - IGCSE and Int'l A-levels - also world-class music and drama programs too!

Majority Thai student population but by the time they get up to senior school there's very few English-language problems.

Easy to get to, shares the boat service with Chatrium next door, ten minutes to Saphan Taksin BTS.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China is kind of a neighbor.

-

I was talking about the excellent results Shanghai has gotten as an overall education system on internationally respected competitive quality assessments, right up there with Finland, Singapore etc

He said this one private school isn't any good, and I clarified (here) that wasn't relevant to the results regarding their school system as a whole, and then he wanted to say something about the Foreign Office or something. . .

Found this, relevant for Thai kids' attitude about school:

Posted Image

The point is that the Shanghai government operated schools are NOT the same system as the "international" schools. Some people might consider Shanghai a choice. Obviously not you but you are the OP, are you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The OP said nothing about private "international schools" in the first place the focus was "what country".

He's since stated he doesn't even have kids, purely information question, which I was answering.

Personally even if I were rich, I'd never put my kids into a private IS if the local school system were as good as that, Finland and Singapore included, much better from a socialization POV for kids to be in with a mix of regular kids rather than the hothouse atmosphere where everyone's wealthy.

Edited by boosta

The OP said nothing about private "international schools" in the first place the focus was "what country".

He's since stated he doesn't even have kids, purely information question, which I was answering.

Personally even if I were rich, I'd never put my kids into a private IS if the local school system were as good as that, Finland and Singapore included, much better from a socialization POV for kids to be in with a mix of regular kids rather than the hothouse atmosphere where everyone's wealthy.

Spoken by a man who has no children nor wealth.

Depending on your location I could also recommend Laos. There are a couple of very popular (and highly rated) International Schools that attract students from Thailand and International (mostly expats living/working in the Consulates in Laos).

If you happen to live in the North east that is.