In and out of Thailand. Visa advice please.

Hi.

I've been coming to Thailand many times every year for the past 6 years. I have always come in and out via Suvarnabhum on a 30 Day.

This time I need to stay a bit longer. I don't qualify yet for retirement visa but that is the plan longer term.

I am currently on a 30 Day which runs out next Wednesday June 19.

Advice from the guys who know please. appreciated.

Cheers.

You can exit to another country at land border and return for 15 days visa exempt entry or fly back for 30 day visa exempt entry or visit a Consulate on an overnight stay to obtain a tourist visa for 60 day entry.

You can exit to another country at land border and return for 15 days visa exempt entry or fly back for 30 day visa exempt entry or visit a Consulate on an overnight stay to obtain a tourist visa for 60 day entry.

Thanks lopburi3. Is there any limit on the number of times I can fly in and out with 30 day?

Regarding 60 day TV, presumably British consulate outside Thailand? How long to process and what paperwork needed please?

No limits.

Thai Consulate in a Neighbouring Country.

Apply in the morning and collect next day afternoon.

Passport, application form, passport size photo and application fee.

Thank you Lite Beer. Have a good day. Cheers.

If you come and go often you may want to consider the Non-Immigrant B 'Investors" visa. Got to a law firm here in Thailand (the usual suspects will all know what you are asking for, should cost around 7000-10000 give or take) and get a letter from them and the requisite documents.

I think you must go to your home country to get this, or at least an American friend had to do that. They will tell you which consulate in your country to send the docs and passport. Fed Ex or equivalent.

Then you have a multiple entry visa for a year, although you do need to exit the country every 90 days. Still you can go to Chang Wattana before expiration and ask for 30 day extension and then it is every 120 days.

THis way you can come an go as you like for the whole year.

If you come and go often you may want to consider the Non-Immigrant B 'Investors" visa. Got to a law firm here in Thailand (the usual suspects will all know what you are asking for, should cost around 7000-10000 give or take) and get a letter from them and the requisite documents.

I think you must go to your home country to get this, or at least an American friend had to do that. They will tell you which consulate in your country to send the docs and passport. Fed Ex or equivalent.

Then you have a multiple entry visa for a year, although you do need to exit the country every 90 days. Still you can go to Chang Wattana before expiration and ask for 30 day extension and then it is every 120 days.

THis way you can come an go as you like for the whole year.

Thank you Minnehaha. My long term plan is falling into place. Appreciated. love the name btw. Cheers.

Thanks lopburi3. Is there any limit on the number of times I can fly in and out with 30 day?

I have been doing the 30-day in and out for over 2 years now, never had it questioned

Edited by BoonToong

whistling.gif There is currently no limit on how many non visa stamp on entry *30 day" entries you can get.

If you want to stay 90 days you cab get a single entry tourist visa in any Thai consulate. This can be extended in Thailand for another 30 days at the local immigration in whatever city/area you're in then in Thailand in the last 30 days of your stay.

Fee for the extension is 1900 Baht.

That will give you a total of 90 days on that visa ... 60 days on your original entry, and the 30 days on the extension.

rolleyes.gif

Be aware there is no 30 day extensions for non immigrant 90 day visa entries - you must leave and re-enter to get a new 90 day stay with a multi entry visa B or extend yearly for the normal employment reasons.

This can be so confusing. I visited Bangkok in 2012 for 30 days and would like to now return as long as possible. I am 44 years old, self employeed as a day trader with a upper middle class (USA standards) retirement account and yearly income from a corporation I own as a trader.

What are my options to stay?

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

Be aware there is no 30 day extensions for non immigrant 90 day visa entries - you must leave and re-enter to get a new 90 day stay with a multi entry visa B or extend yearly for the normal employment reasons.

Really? I didnt know that.

I recall regularly extending but this was about 10 years ago.

I apologize to the OP for giving in accurate advice

This can be so confusing. I visited Bangkok in 2012 for 30 days and would like to now return as long as possible. I am 44 years old, self employeed as a day trader with a upper middle class (USA standards) retirement account and yearly income from a corporation I own as a trader.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

Tourist visas will give you 60 days, extendable with 30 days. You could easily stay for 9 months to a year on that in Thailand.

If you intend a longer stay, you should look into an ED-visa and go and study in Thaiand. It can be Thai language, but certainly isn't limited to that.

If you somehow go over the 30 day period, they will charge 500 baht PER day if you don't renew it or apply the correct visa.I didn't know till the day I was over staying. :-( I stayed over 15 days and ended up paying 7,500 baht. Fml

That 500 baht per day fine has nothing to do with 30 days but is for overstay from any permitted to stay entry. There is no renewing a 30 day visa exempt entry (you would have to exit and return by air to get a new visa exempt entry of 30 days if holding passport of most countries allowed this option).

Can someone tell me please what visa requirement is for short trip (less than a week) to Vietnam or Cambodia?

British national (me) and Thai national gf flying from Thailand and back to Thailand.

Do they do visa exempt like Thailand?

My wife and I, both in our 70's want to visit Thailand this autumn and, for family reasons, stay for about 35 days. Apart from a quick overland trip to Cambodia, what's the most economical way of doing this? Advice would be appreciated!. We normally visit The Kingdom once a year for 30 days.

Get a tourist visa, cost is 1,000 baht in local currency. Gives you a right to stay for up to 60 days instead of 30 days if you don't hold a visa. (and can even be extended by another 30 days).

For a stay of up to 90 days you can get a non-O visa, cost is 2,000 baht.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

Tourist visas will give you 60 days, extendable with 30 days. You could easily stay for 9 months to a year on that in Thailand.

If you intend a longer stay, you should look into an ED-visa and go and study in Thaiand. It can be Thai language, but certainly isn't limited to that.

So my options are a tourist visa (allows me 60 days, plus have to extend every 30 days) or a non-O visa for 90 days? Is the non-O extendable Am I correct the tourist visa is 1000 baht each time and non-O cost is 2,000 baht?

Thank you for the help.

Chris

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

The 30-day followed by 2 or 3 entry visa from Laos, Cambodia, where-ever is strictly a tourist visa and does not allow you to work - not even as self-employed, online, with no finances flowing through Thailand. How to arrange working self-employed in Thailand is a bigger question than I can answer, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on the the legality of what you might be considering. smile.png

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

The 30-day followed by 2 or 3 entry visa from Laos, Cambodia, where-ever is strictly a tourist visa and does not allow you to work - not even as self-employed, online, with no finances flowing through Thailand. How to arrange working self-employed in Thailand is a bigger question than I can answer, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on the the legality of what you might be considering. smile.png

If my trading is done online, my accounts are online in the USA I see no reason I still could not trade in Bangkok. My funds would be transferred electronically in the USA between broker and bank account in the USA. Therefore I would only be taking funds out of my bank to pay for rent, food, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Tina

If my trading is done online, my accounts are online in the USA I see no reason I still could not trade in Bangkok. My funds would be transferred electronically in the USA between broker and bank account in the USA. Therefore I would only be taking funds out of my bank to pay for rent, food, etc.

I hear you - but be aware of the THAI legality of what you are proposing to do. I suggest you consult a Thai legal expert who will clear it up for you. Don't rely on not being found out - you've already exposed your plan here and it'll only take one disgruntled person to report it and everything will be at risk.