2014 Yamaha FZ-09 847cc triple

mania

But i did not say i believe what articles say!

Just passing words meechai.

Do you only want us to say: 'what a nice bike' ?

You remind me someone i know and respect from this forum before by the way. I hope you are that person.

I just thought it was a funny pot calling kettle black kind

of deal after just previously reading this...

My point is to show that it doesnt seem to maintain 180kph for everyone as in post 2 of this thread.

Really?

I really cannot understand people who do not own this bike but coment from someone elses posts at other forums. Maybe they guy does not know how to use the power band etc.

Of course I think anyone can say what ever is their opinion

But I had just read the thing I quoted & it is basically the exact same deal in reverse.

Some "heard" something & posted it. Which should have been fine

So?

i am talking about some articles in leading bike magazines in this world meechai, not from a guy went to a ride up north with a rented bike and posted this in a forum. And he says on that forum that he is anyway, not a super good rider.

so, of course worldwide bike magazines provide more credibility still it does not mean all they say is true but again it does not mean it is not true as well until we ride the bike.

All bikes has some glitches as yamaha fz 09 so if you believe life is perfect all the time, this is your problem. I personally do not look things from pink lensed spectacles all the time.

there are more but check these out:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/271/17062/Motorcycle-Article/2014-Yamaha-FZ-09-First-Ride.aspx

http://www.cyclenews.com/366/22362/Racing-Article/First-Ride--2014-Yamaha-FZ-09.aspx

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/2014-yamaha-fz-09-review/

from ride apart:

That is, until I realized that a much smoother ride could be had in 3rd gear. Unfortunately, the fueling on the FZ-09 left me feeling frustrated and my confidence a bit shaken and I found the only way to transition from closed to open throttle smoothly was to keep it in a higher gear and let the torque do the work. This seems to be the case with Yamaha sport bikes and it was the same complaint we had with the R1. When you need to be smooth and careful, the fueling is abrupt and jerky. Not good, Yamaha.

from cyclenews:

Okay, so the FZ-09 might not be perfect – abrupt throttle on/off throttle response, vague-feeling brakes and middle-of-the road suspension quickly come to mind, and its out-there styling might be a problem for some as well. Although no one in our group had anything bad to say about the FZ-09’s appearance, not much was said about how great it looked either – but we can easily turn our head on these things because of its awesome motor, agile handling and bargain price. And, no, we didn’t miss ABS, slipper clutch or traction control one bit.

from motorcycle usa:

The engine isn’t without flaw, however, owing to abrupt fueling. Riders encounter a herky jerky on-off sensation, particularly at lower rpm. Riding in the muted B-mode eases this complaint, somewhat, which is more exaggerated in the A-mode and Standard engine maps.

The harsh fueling and soft suspension may not be ideal for aggressive riders...

So, meechai, as you can see, all these bike magazines states the same flaws. So, all these guys cannot go wrong at the same time, right?

So, do you still want us to say only : 'ohh what a nice bike?'

Yes, it is really a nice bike by the way, the Resurrection of Yamaha i call it. Good idea, light bike, powerful engine etc. still it does not mean it is perfect.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if the FZ-09 is not min 50K baht cheaper than a Hypermotard, then it's not really worth consider (If it even comes here, that is).

On the Hyper you get ABS and TC and 3 riding modes and ad 50k baht more for the Hyperstrada you get an all in one bike.

If they sell the FZ-09 to 400-450 K bath I would really consider it but until then my sights are on the Ducati.

The Yamaha also has 3 riding modes and an ABS option is about to be released. Back in the West the new Yamaha is a bargain price. If they do a Suzuki here and start offering their imports at UK prices they'll have a hit on their hands. Looks are subjective and to me the Yamaha looks good but I find the Hypermotard and Hyperstrada fugly. Others think the reverse to me. That's OK, we are all different. Is the Hypermotard a better bike than the new Yamaha? Once again it comes down to personal taste. One things for sure - competition in the market benefits the consumer.

• Like 1

apart from all the waffling that gets us nowhere , i have two questions.

when is it here ?

how bloody much ?

i do not give a rats ass what you guys think !

i want one !

rob

Ask a Yahama dealer. And wash your mouth you fool, you are not talking to your brother.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it is coming as this Yamaha FZ Thailand

states deposits/reservations accepted from February 15th

Also states price is 465,xxx baht but *possibly* subject to change

1901282_534272493355119_1076345970_n.jpg

1625734_534272596688442_1739359880_n.jpg

good news. it will be a good value against z800 and z1000.

although dont like its design and some small issues with the bike noted here and there, still a 187 kg that powerful bike on the roads of bangkok sounds nice.

congrats for yamaha finally coming with interesting bikes. a full faired version of this bike might be nice.

A friend in the States has two of them (among so many other bikes you wouldn't believe it...)- he says they need a new shock and forks (or at least heavier fork springs if you want to stick to a budget) as they're sprung a little soft- they also respond well to an ECU re-flash- no complaints about the motor at all- it looks like a great bike.

• Like 1

A friend in the States has two of them (among so many other bikes you wouldn't believe it...)- he says they need a new shock and forks (or at least heavier fork springs if you want to stick to a budget) as they're sprung a little soft- they also respond well to an ECU re-flash- no complaints about the motor at all- it looks like a great bike.

With the state of Thai roads, it sounds like a MUST for here. It does look good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I have read reports that agree.

They sprung the bike way too soft.

My baby Ninja was also silly soft & I had to

order springs from the US Sonic Springs

A nice rear shock wouldn't hurt either smile.png

Yes the reports all glow about that engine.

Kind of a hooligan bike from their descriptions

Edited by mania