Khao Yai park 'not being ejected as heritage site'

webfact

it's simple really.. Khao Yai still has wild Tigers within it's border, and Clouded Leopards (among other star residents). Case closed.. next! smile.png

And they keep building so many nice new illegal resorts for people to go and disturb them.

yes thats very true about whaqt you said .. illegal resorts in khao yai ...... you know who's daughter (...thaskins...) is bulding a multi million baht resort here ... but its all being hushed up though ...... still when your old man is still in charge and your aunty is a so called p/m .... there's nothing to worry about ............... love to know just how and where she got the money from .................... silly me ........ whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I have. Bonanza claims to be inside the park

Where does it claim that exactly ?

Type bonanza khoayai into Google and that is precisely the statement that the Google result has. Agoda states "in" the national park. Even khaoyaiguide.com states "in" the national park.

He's right.

He's wrong... visit the site yourself . Clearly says, 'adjacent to...'

and it is... about 30km from Park HQ by road. As are all of the approach road private resorts.. None of which are inside the Park. Only the DNP government campsites & park bungalows (currently) have that honour.

Type bonanza khoayai into Google and that is precisely the statement that the Google result has. Agoda states "in" the national park. Even khaoyaiguide.com states "in" the national park.

He's right.

and it is... about 30km from Park HQ by road. As are all of the approach road private resorts.. None of which are inside the Park. Only the DNP government campsites & park bungalows (currently) have that honour.

He says the websites and/or google say it is IN the park...he is right, they do say that, go google it, several in fact say it is IN the park.

I know exactly where it is, been there several times and live closer to the Park than anyone else here on TV I bet.

Khoa Yai is gorgeous and fully deserves it status.

The park yes, but the surrounding areas are becoming <deleted>.

World Heritage also includes the environment around the areas declared to an extent for certain management. It does not just start and stop at the fenceline.

They are failing miserably.

it's simple really.. Khao Yai still has wild Tigers within it's border, and Clouded Leopards (among other star residents). Case closed.. next! smile.png

When was the last time tigers were ever seen her ? long long long ago.

Of the 70 mammals listed in the 'Khao Yai mammal book' there are only 3 that I haven't seen yet. Well, that might not be entirely true as I haven't taken a close look at all the bat species, and the smaller rodents. But both bear species, three cat species, 5 of the 6 civet species, binturong, elephants, 3 deer species (for as far you can count a mouse deer as a true deer...), the macaques, both gibbons species (and the hybrids), giant squirrel, Giant Flying Squirrel, Hog-badger, Dhole (or Asian Wild Dog), the 2 otter species, Gaur, Serow, and more.

And found out that they forgot to list like the Asian Golden Jackal, and Small-toothed Palm civet.

Right now, the 3 large mammals which I still need to see is the Tiger, the Asian Golden Cat, and Pangolin (which is not in the book either).

If the tiger still exists is in doubt, though supposedly one of the rangers has seen one this year. I'm probably one of the few people that has been lucky enough to see 3 of the 5 cat species in Khao Yai national park: Clouded Leopard, Leopard Cat, and Marbled Cat. And for you information. This has all been in the last 2 years.

If Tiger still roams the Khao Yai part of the Dong Phaya Yen - Khao Yai forest complex it's most likely a very small population. And IF the government will put efforts in connecting Tablan & Khao Yai in some sort of way, a comeback should be possible. Tablan still has a fair number of tigers according to the researchers. And they still occur in the connecting park, Pang Sida NP. If instead of expanding the 304 they would look into how to get that road out of the way, connecting a fair strip of nature to truly create a wildlife corridor, it would definitely deserve the UNESCO status!

Though, I admit it is a difficult problem to solve; I guess an elevated road for several kms would be a great way. For once, I would be fine if the government officials would practise their usual corruption techniques to get such a project literally off the ground. But quite sure it will never happen.

Especially for the larger wildlife it would be great. Now Khao Yai is an island, and so is the group of parks more to the East (Tablan NP, Pangsida NP, Ta Praya NP). Which with the relatively small numbers of large animals like e.g. the elephants would decrease the risk of inbreeding and get some new blood flowing through both areas.

I've read both here in some of the comments, and elsewhere on the www, people recommending others not to visit the park because there is nothing worth to see. Even though the park is overdeveloped, it's certainly a wonderful place; great for wildlife watching. Yes, it's not easy to see something, but that hasn't much to do with the quality of the park. It's inherent to the South-east Asian jungles, and one of the reason this is so much more exciting than going on a safari in Africa where you don't have to put much effort in seeing the big stuff... In my opinion that's a bit boring, and the fact that you can do much more on foot here, together with the abundance of species in these forests makes it great. On most hiking trails you will encounter few other people.

But for those who don't (want to) see it, just stay at home and keep the trails more quiet for thos who do put the effort in it.

• Like 1

I have. Bonanza claims to be inside the park

He's right.

That's not what the Google results page shows. Obviously they changed the website when it said "in", but the Google result clearly shows "in".

The Bonanza Khaoyai

www.thebonanzakhaoyai.com/en/

Bonanza Khaoyai is a 3000 rai land located in Khao Yai national park, ...

You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 6/14/13

The Bonanza Khaoyai

thebonanzakhaoyai.com/en/contact.html

CONTACT KhaoYai: 236 Mu 5, ThanaratKanongpra Rd., Pak Chong, ...

The Bonanza Resort Khao Yai Khao Yai / Nakhonratchasima ...

www.agoda.com/.../khao_yai.../the_bona...

Designed for both business and leisure travel, The Bonanza Resort Khao Yai is ideally situated in Khao Yai National ...