I Am A Victim Of Racism, And I Want More Of It!

klubex99

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try being a Cambodian getting a kicking by a group of lo-so Thais or being a farang whose life lo-so thai idiot blokes with the brains of dog excrement set out to upset to show their 50 kg weedy mates how hard they are.

Come back then and tell us you want more.

• Like 2

Try being a Cambodian getting a kicking by a group of lo-so Thais or being a farang whose life lo-so thai idiot blokes with the brains of dog excrement set out to upset to show their 50 kg weedy mates how hard they are.

What you just described is nothing to do with Thais, or my original post. What you just described happens in every single country in the world and is not generalist.

I defy you to name a country where that silly and highly isolated thing does not happen.

Back in the UK you get that treatment for wearing the wrong football shirt, or you come from the wrong town.

Your post makes no sense here. But I am assuming you had a kicking. I had a kicking in Kenya, but who cares, I had more in the UK.

Edited by klubex99
  • Like 1

Yes, I'd say we greatly benefit from what you here are calling "racism", a lot more than we suffer.

There are certainly groups here that suffer genuine harm from real racism though, but for myself I let it be other than trying to educate the Thais I come into contact with, have other things to worry about.

Edited by boosta

What you just described is nothing to do with Thais, or my original post. What you just described happens in every single country in the world and is not generalist.

I defy you to name a country where that silly and highly isolated thing does not happen.

Back in the UK you get that treatment for wearing the wrong football shirt, or you come from the wrong town.

Your post makes no sense here. But I am assuming you had a kicking. I had a kicking in Kenya, but who cares, I had more in the UK.

Er nope not had a kicking.

Yes it is to do with your post. You are promoting racism and that is what racism leads to.

So it's OK to be ripped off, mocked, disrespected, and victim of racism because the flag of St George is not politically correct?

a/ A flag against racism and mistreatment, is not as bad

b/ Two wrongs have never made a right

Yes it is to do with your post. You are promoting racism and that is what racism leads to.

Haha.

Promoting racism? Hell no.

If anything nationalism/racism is how I pointed it out in its most timid form which is banned from most western countries. Don't confuse my post with 'RACE HATRED' that is different. I actually pointed out in my post exactly the things in Thai life that I meant.

I will repeat it.

'One thing that did cross my mind was nationalism/racism. Especially the way we all seem to be portrayed by Thai people. As farangs (an apple-like fruit with white flesh). When Thais around me refer to me, no matter where or in what context, they use 'the, that, this falang'.. Westerners are mocked on TV as a target of amusement, we are portrayed on Thai TV and in their movies usually as brain dead and retarded muscle bound idiots. We are marginalized by double pricing standards. It also seems almost acceptable for a Thai to rip off a westerner in a situation where it would not be acceptably for a Thai to rip off a Thai.'

@ simple1.

Who mentioned muslims? That is a religion that was mentioned nowhere, I mentioned Pakistanis which is a race, and used that example because that is the majority non-white British race in the UK.

• Like 1

OK... just to help those who can't read.

My point I am making is for all you lot who constantly bitch and moan about Thais and the Thai ways. How you are ripped off, marginalized....

Is it better in your country???

So you know what to do then.

Haha.

If anything nationalism/racism is how I pointed it out in its most timid form which is banned from most western countries. Don't confuse my post with 'RACE HATRED' that is different. I actually pointed out in my post exactly the things in Thai life that I meant.

I will repeat it.

'One thing that did cross my mind was nationalism/racism. Especially the way we all seem to be portrayed by Thai people. As farangs (an apple-like fruit with white flesh). When Thais around me refer to me, no matter where or in what context, they use 'the, that, this falang'.. Westerners are mocked on TV as a target of amusement, we are portrayed on Thai TV and in their movies usually as brain dead and retarded muscle bound idiots. We are marginalized by double pricing standards. It also seems almost acceptable for a Thai to rip off a westerner in a situation where it would not be acceptably for a Thai to rip off a Thai.'

@ simple1.

Who mentioned muslims? That is a religion that was mentioned nowhere, I mentioned Pakistanis which is a race, and used that example because that is the majority non-white British race in the UK.

Nope, you are using Sophism

My point I am making is for all you lot who constantly bitch and moan about Thais and the Thai ways. How you are ripped off, marginalized....

Do we need to explain how we get rip off or marginalized ?

Of course in our country we dont get discriminated

Some of us have children families responsibilities here, we can't just leave

Haha.

I will repeat it.

@ simple1.

Nope, you are using Sophism

No problem...... next

Do we need to explain how we get rip off or marginalized ?

Of course in our country we dont get discriminated

Some of us have children families responsibilities here, we can't just leave

So you don't like it, but you are stuck here?

So then do what they do back in the UK. Organize an anti-racism protest through the streets of Bangkok and Pattaya. Get all the farangs who feel wronged to wave banners and placards and voice your feelings. Start a campaign on here and see how many farangs would be happy to march with you. I tell you how many will..... ZERO, and not a single TV member who repeatedly whines and moans about how much they are victimized will walk with you.

me??..... I can take a bit of harmless fun poking and double pricing. Considering how much I get from Thailand, its a small price to pay. One day you may wake up if Thailand becomes over politically correct. See how much you like it here then.

Well good for you if you have it good here

do you need a post for this?

So your topic is really : "Why are so many people bitching about Thailand?"

The topic already runs here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644318-why-are-there-so-many-people-who-just-bitch-about-this-country/

So your topic is really : "Why are so many people bitching about Thailand?"

The topic already runs here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644318-why-are-there-so-many-people-who-just-bitch-about-this-country/

Nope again.... nothing to do with that either, but so far you have made a few posts basically telling me not to post this thread,

So who the hell are YOU to tell ME what I can and can't post if it is within the rules and is Thai related, then I have the right to post whatever I like.

Are you the TV police? Do I tell YOU what you should post?

Admin.... we have someone here obviously offering themselves up as a TV moderator.

I suggest that next time you read a post that you think is not what you wanted to read, either hit backspace or join the debate. Don't try to impose your own rules on a poster.

OP - you've made an interesting social observation and drawn some conclusions that I largely agree with. Probably a pity that the word racism was used as this will generally bring out the skewed views on TV. I actually don't think we Falang in Thailand are victims of racism in the strict sense, but we are certainly victims of inequality. Just as in virtually any country in the world, a non-native will nearly always suffer some form of inequality. I don't necessarily mean legislative inequality, but social inequality. That inequality may relate to language issues, employment issues, religion....and of course race issues.

As an example, white English speaking immigrants to my country (NZ) often feel they have extreme difficulties in getting suitable employment because their foreign qualifications are not appreciated by many NZ employers - they would prefer to employ a native. The Employers are not allowed by law to discriminate, but if the immigrant does not even get an interview, that in itself is not illegal. So it's a form of social inequality that has arisen that the immigrants feel strongly about. Is it racism?........maybe, maybe not. It's certainly not a colour issue. Is it inequality based on being a non-native?......definitely..

How we Falang living in Thailand each feel about that inequality or the experiences we've encountered will largely affect how strongly we feel about Thai society, be it positive or negative. The truth is that we are not Thai, and should not automatically expect to have equal rights as a Thai. Let's face it, although in most western countries we have anti discrimination laws, it certainly doesn't mean that society in general is prevented from practicing limited forms of discrimination. At least the Thai government is honest in legislating for inequality for foreigners and protection of its citizens and lands in a way that is very nationalistic - we know the rules, live with them.

Very good response.

I actually knew that using the words racist and racism would be misinterpreted. But my use of those words were very deliberate. Because I was drawing the comparison between what is accepted behaviour here and how it would be perceived as out and out racism in other western countries. Also vice versa. How the western refusal to accept that behavior would not be accepted here in LOS.

Edited by klubex99

sounds like you have a problem with the UK govt rather than anyone else. I think you will find that a lot of us farangs living in Thailand love the place, that isnt the problem, most thai people arent the problem either, racism is not the problem, the major problem is the different standards, in western countries the laws are made for ALL people, no matter where you come from, everyone has to do treated the same. In Thailand this is thrown out the window, also there are a lot that do not respect the laws of the country and these people are the thais themsleves, they set up their own specific agendas. All you have done is say you love Thailand but you havent even attempted to explain it, just use excuses. I take it you love the fact that graft is the backbone of the country, if you want anything done you have to pay them tea money, you love the fact that police are some of the worst offenders, they see nothing wrong with bribes, breaking the laws, killing people etc or the fact that the politicians themselves have their snouts in the troughs making big bucks while ripping off all the thai people. Mate you are twisted, love the country and its people but be honest about it and stop the crap about racism.

• Like 1

Sure, someone here saying "I could never go with a khaek (Indian or middle-eastern person), they're dirty and they smell bad" is just expressing their personal preference and most Thais would agree with them.

Doing so back home and everyone would recoil in horror and shun that person, even if they did agree.

I prefer the Thai way, because even if I personally don't agree, I don't see anything wrong with them having or expressing that opinion.

Now if this is a hiring manager or a government official or someone else in a position of power who lets their negative prejudice affect their treatment of the khaek, then I've got a problem with it, and in fact I only use "racism" for the latter not the former.

Personally I don't think Thailand has that problem any more than many western countries, in fact often less so.

OK... just to help those who can't read. My point I am making is for all you lot who constantly bitch and moan about Thais and the Thai ways. How you are ripped off, marginalized.... Is it better in your country??? So you know what to do then.

Do we need to explain how we get rip off or marginalized ?Of course in our country we dont get discriminatedSome of us have children families responsibilities here, we can't just leave

So you don't like it, but you are stuck here? So then do what they do back in the UK. Organize an anti-racism protest through the streets of Bangkok and Pattaya. Get all the farangs who feel wronged to wave banners and placards and voice your feelings. Start a campaign on here and see how many farangs would be happy to march with you. I tell you how many will..... ZERO, and not a single TV member who repeatedly whines and moans about how much they are victimized will walk with you. me??..... I can take a bit of harmless fun poking and double pricing. Considering how much I get from Thailand, its a small price to pay. One day you may wake up if Thailand becomes over politically correct. See how much you like it here then. Because it will only serve to turn the fun-poking to genuine hatred on a national scale.

Thats a sad statement you make and truly disrespectful and says more about you than the thai people.

Spending time in both Thailand and Uk now after 17 years only in Thailand.I would state that neither places are offering any thing great.

Both are at the opposite ends of the spectrum, neither really offer any security for me or the lifestyle I wish to have.

One end there is nanny state and a government that is so minority favoured its laughable. The other end a country, that see's foreigners as nothing more than convenient cash cows and second class citizens. That even after years living here providing employment to its Nationals, and paying taxes etc you have to almost beg for another extension of stay at immi

Somewhere in the middle is what I am seeking over the next years, and hope to have fun doing so.I wont be missed in either country and neither will I miss them.

• Like 1

sounds like you have a problem with the UK govt rather than anyone else. I think you will find that a lot of us farangs living in Thailand love the place, that isnt the problem, most thai people arent the problem either, racism is not the problem, the major problem is the different standards, in western countries the laws are made for ALL people, no matter where you come from, everyone has to do treated the same. In Thailand this is thrown out the window, also there are a lot that do not respect the laws of the country and these people are the thais themsleves, they set up their own specific agendas. All you have done is say you love Thailand but you havent even attempted to explain it, just use excuses. I take it you love the fact that graft is the backbone of the country, if you want anything done you have to pay them tea money, you love the fact that police are some of the worst offenders, they see nothing wrong with bribes, breaking the laws, killing people etc or the fact that the politicians themselves have their snouts in the troughs making big bucks while ripping off all the thai people. Mate you are twisted, love the country and its people but be honest about it and stop the crap about racism.

See.... another person taking things from the OP way out of context.

Where did I say I love EVERYTHING about Thailand.

I think I was being VERY specific, but you seem to have introduced loads of things from your own agenda and then attempting to say these things are my agenda.

Then you have the gall to say I am twisted.

• Like 1