Why Are There So Many People Who Just Bitch About This Country?

sadhukar

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody has his/her own perception on a matter. The good thing is that for the intelligent and aware of us, that perception can change over time. We, as people, all seek a balance in life. However when a certain reality can be a common demenour, 1 has the right to mention it. Positive or negative, in this case about thailand and its native people. Do not think that thais never complain about people or culture in the foreign countries they live. Same same but different !!

• Like 2

i agree with the OP to a certain extent,

there are people who post on here and when you read there posts makes you think why the hell are you living here if you dont like it so so much,

ill hold my hand up and have called the odd person lazy, but it will be people i no and not just thais in general,

i was operations manager in a stainless steel fabrication workshop, and some of the boys there were very hard working and may i add very good sheet metal worker/welders,

so its like everything else we seem to talk about here there is good and bad in all, lazy and hard working in all races,

good girls bad girls, hard working men lazy men, its something all over the world,

but for the people who just sit at there computers pulling all thais down all the time for this and that, like i said i dont for the life of me no why they are here if it gets to them so much that they have to come on here and go on about it,

just my thoughts,

jake

Edited by pigeonjake
  • Like 1

Right, so if I like having sex with Filipinas that automatically means I think their brothers are great guys ? Not arguing with anything you've said, Mr 14 Posts, but you've clearly come here with an agenda based on little more than hearsay.

What a ridiculous post mr 801 posts, so your agenda is so much better than someone else`s with just 14 posts?

Did it ever occur to you that some are long time members here and just read, and not comment on everything?

I dont have a problem with lurkers - I do have a problem with broad-brush misanthropes, even if I do agree that the anti-Thai rhetoric on this board gets tiresome very quickly. I'm happy for you, or anyone else, to go back through my posts and show me where I've bashed the Thai people or their country - I dont appreciate being lumped in with those who do. We need to start calling people out on this shinola each and every time someone starts a thread aimed purely at bashing Thailand for no reason other than to vent their spleen. It's especially racist when the people involved have lived in Thailand for years - difficult to imagine why some Thai people may be less than enthused by the prospect of Farang openly bagging the country they've chosen to call home ................

• Like 2

I don't dislike Thais. My complaints run to the government and its policies, and to corruption, cheating, outrageous driving, litter, and things that are apparent to me and which I'd like to see change.

I think it's entirely possible to like Thais, and dislike a lot of things around me.

No argument from me, but how often does that degenerate into personal attacks on Thai people in discussions on this board ? Most of us agree that the majority of the politicians in our own countries are scum, but somehow it's worse when its a country where corruption is seemingly accepted ? I agree with you re. driving, and I'm no fan of the boys in brown, but I'm not going to let it poison my attitude to the average Thai just trying to get by in a country where bosses object to the very idea of a minimum wage .......

• Like 1

What's really annoying is newbies, or oldies, repeatedly coming on here and wasting server space by whining about people seemingly being negative. Just read the old threads and move on.

many are not here completely on their own free will. They are forced to by age, loneliness, inability to find a (younger, caring) partner. Most are not globetrotter, freethinker, world traveler with interest in other other cultures, religions, conditions, were never longer away from home than on short holidays.

So, if they are here now for a while, they will get more and more confronted with a complete other life style they can't handle and have to fight with day by day and simultaneously they won't go back because they know what will be waiting there for them, loneliness and in some cases poverty.

Are you making things up ?

I can think of many members here who have expressed critical views on THL and who have GF of their own age and nationality and are pretty well off

HK people marry Asians only? Really?

I know a number of HK people who have married non-Asians. Maybe what you mean to say is that Hong Kong Chinese people mostly marry Chinese. HK Chinese certainly do not marry non-Chinese Asians, in my experience.

There is a lot of pressure in Chinese families for the children to choose a Chinese spouse.

Only when 1 is in trouble 1 knows . Foreigners will, in most cases, remain an outsider in the family. Its a beautiful country with lucky people owning the soil. Some good and some bad, like everywhere else. A thai guy once said to me; we do not like farangs but we do like their money ! Opposite, at a small shop in phuket years ago, that the owner came after me and gave me to give 8 bth back for 2 pck of cigs of 112 bth when i gave him 120 bth. I was surprised when he said to me, foreigner and thai same price !

• Like 1

Would also have to agree with the OP to a certain extent. Broad generalization on any subject is never the answer without proven facts.

One persons experience of an issue should not be able to influence others into agreeing (in principle) and further commenting on an issue they themselves have no experience of. But of course, this happens, it is human nature. In reality, mankind is a bovine race in that it needs leaders to follow, decisions and agendas made for them. If the story is well written and presented, then actual facts become too complicated to comprehend and the path followed is that of least resistance. Agreement is easier than argument...................wink.png

But that said, I would also be interested as to how long the poster has been living in Thailand (if he/she actually is living here) and their actual understanding of what is being commented on. This is not a dig at the OP, just worried that the rose-tinted glasses aren't clouding the vision.

It is a forum, if you don't like the topic, then don't read and move on to another that is more to your taste. If you don't like a post, ignore it.

Remember, the actual news items are generally true, the comments made on them may not be..................thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Some people have a positive outlook, some a negative outlook, others are more pragmatic. I suspect it is easy to fall into a routine where one might tend to see the negative side of things, perhaps as a result of unhappiness, boredom, aging, depression, anxiety, diaspora, alcohol abuse, etc. It seems like people who are overly negative, critical or pessimistic are generally less successful in life. I suspect a higher percentage of unsuccessful people migrated to Thailand for various reasons, and their negativity seeps into all aspects of their real and on-line 'lives'?

Are you 1 of them ?

The odds are in your favour !!

Some people have a positive outlook, some a negative outlook, others are more pragmatic. I suspect it is easy to fall into a routine where one might tend to see the negative side of things, perhaps as a result of unhappiness, boredom, aging, depression, anxiety, diaspora, alcohol abuse, etc. It seems like people who are overly negative, critical or pessimistic are generally less successful in life. I suspect a higher percentage of unsuccessful people migrated to Thailand for various reasons, and their negativity seeps into all aspects of their real and on-line 'lives'?

Are you 1 of them ?

The odds are in your favour !!

I generally try to maintain a positive outlook on my life - I have much to be thankful for - and am perhaps more respectful, pragmatic and understanding of all things here in Thailand. I might make the occasional joke about SRT, but no more negatively than I've heard many Thais do on occasion. I am fortunate in that I get to return to my home country at least six times each year, so still feel new, refreshed, positive when I come/go, depart and arrive.