would they be planting rice now in the region South of Mah Sarakham?

They are.

And have been for a few weeks and will be for some time to come

im not far from that area some have had good rain, and some didnt have much

so it will depend on the rain unless they have irrigation

regards M,

Thanks for the repy. Appreciated.

other areas that have irrigation canals get 2 or 3 crops per year and plant when they want

Mahasarakham and Yasothon have the advantage of the River Mun where they can take there water from.

We have family in M'sarkham and they can get three crops a year if the choose to.There town is a town that is split in two by a main road,the people on the far side of town, furthest away from the river can only get one crop a year (rainy season).

The one crop a year farmers have been in uproar with the towns bigwigs for years.

• Like 1

other areas that have irrigation canals get 2 or 3 crops per year and plant when they want

Mahasarakham and Yasothon have the advantage of the River Mun where they can take there water from.

We have family in M'sarkham and they can get three crops a year if the choose to.There town is a town that is split in two by a main road,the people on the far side of town, furthest away from the river can only get one crop a year (rainy season).

The one crop a year farmers have been in uproar with the towns bigwigs for years.

shaggy1969, you may or maynot know the answer to this question.

Is the Rice Paddy land that gets no water worth less then the Irrigated land? Opps, this is Thailand.

Is the Rice Paddy land that gets no water sell for less less then the Irrigated land?

The assumption being that Irrigated land can provide an increased profit, thus would be worth more in a Land Valuation thinking that we have in Western Culture ... but this is Thailand.

shaggy1969, you may or maynot know the answer to this question.

Is the Rice Paddy land that gets no water worth less then the Irrigated land? Opps, this is Thailand.

Is the Rice Paddy land that gets no water sell for less less then the Irrigated land?

The assumption being that Irrigated land can provide an increased profit, thus would be worth more in a Land Valuation thinking that we have in Western Culture ... but this is Thailand.

I can not say for sure David,but from my experience the land is priced more in accordance with the sellers needs, irrelevant whether the land is fertile or not.

A poor farmer will sell the land much cheaper that a rich farmer simply because they need the money.An example of this is some land that I have had my eye

near our home.Both plots of land are very similar and are situated next to quite a small lake,on one side there is a 17 rai plot of land selling for much less than

a 15 rai plot of land on the other side.The difference is one farmer wants to sell and the other needs to.

But as i say,that is only from my experience.

• Like 2

Our land is rain fed, hence one rice crop per year. We are in a small pocket that seems to be avoided by much of the rainfall. This is usually not a problem as a little further away both river water and a lot more rain mean they have more water than they need. The result is water is released from this area and floods across large areas satisfying most people. Our village heads can lobby can have some water released if rainfall is low or late.

Unfortunately it means whatever chemicals have been used arrive with that water and some of our fertiliser is carried away with it as it moves on.

Pond dyke systems and ponds are the answer ultimately to get our land out of other peoples bath water!