Chang Beer Girls

gerrythepoet

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls are not fully employed by the bar; they are there to promote whichever beer they are dressed to promote. That is why they are all lookers, something that would no doubt be classed as extremely un-PC in a lot of 'better' countries.

I am a bit surprised at the girls reaction to your present. You don't normally see this from them (or any other Thai girl) as their smiles, assets and charm are main points in their arsenal..................blink.png

Maybe took offence at you working without a permit (tongue.png ) and shaming them? Don't know.

• Like 1

I've always thought these young ladies are an interesting phenomenon. My Thai friends tell me they are known as sao BG beer chang (etcetera depending on the beer), and you may remember a Carabao song about them. They are all young and many are students working part time. As far as I know BG stands for bar girl, but these are completely different from the type of bar girls usually discussed by westerners. While educated Thai friends tend to look down on the latter, many seem to see sao BG as prime targets for chatting up. They are happy gossiping about a conquest, which they certainly would not do if they had a liaison with an ordinary bar girl..

>> Pushing out the boat, big time!

I haven't hear that turn of phrase before ... you've added to my vernacular ...

-

What does it mean? I'm guessing "being generous" seeing that it's likely sarcastic and many people believe in tipping - and no I don't want the thread to go off on THAT tangent, let's talk about whether farang is derogatory or not instead please. rolleyes.gif

Edited by boosta

I wish I could have 'discreetly spat that silk worm into a bin'.

-

I've never had any problems politely with a smile declining such delicacies - "farang gin mai ben", understanding smiles all 'round.

Same with sitting on the floor for extended periods, just let them know my old bones ache and they're happy to let me sit in a chair, even though it's above them, I just keep a few meters away from the group so I don't tower directly over them.

They know we're ill-mannered buffoons ignorant of real manners anyway and very tolerant that way.

I understand ... just that they were genuinely relishing eating them (the silk worms) ... so I thought that they couldn't be so bad ... lesson learnt ... bah.gif

Yeh ... 15, maybe 20 mins on the floor does me in. But my experience is that they never worry when we (Farangs) have to stretch our legs.

Hardest thing is where to place the wallet as it always seems to be a point of discomfort when resting on that side.

Could always give the wallet to the Lassie to keep safe ... hang on ... scratch that Idea ... w00t.gif

• Like 1

no problem gave her 20 baht said thanks for chatting.

Pushing out the boat, big time!

I haven't hear that turn of phrase before ... you've added to my vernacular ... thumbsup.gif

Sounds painful!

Can indeed be painful for some people. wink.png

[To spend generously. To spend more than one is normally accustomed to doing, often to mark a special occasion.]

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Hardest thing is where to place the wallet as it always seems to be a point of discomfort when resting on that side.

-

Never used a wallet for exactly that reason, cash folded in the pocket, everything else in some sort of man bag, belt pack or small backpack.

Sorry, the OP sounds like a right weirdo.

Leave the girls along, they don't like elderly foreigners trying to grope/help them.

-

Or even leering at them, OK for Thais they know how to do it discreetly but foreigners doing it just makes them feel like a hoor.

• Like 1

-

Never used a wallet for exactly that reason, cash folded in the pocket, everything else in some sort of man bag, belt pack or small backpack.

I keep lots of crisps in my man bag for feeding the Chang Beer Girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlgbwDAAM4

• Like 2

Ladies such as these superstars are so special they don't even have bowel movements, far to disgusting for the likes of them. like us all they come into the world with nothing and will get into their 30's with nothing.

• Like 1

Ladies such as these superstars are so special they don't even have bowel movements, far to disgusting for the likes of them. like us all they come into the world with nothing and will get into their 30's with nothing.

I'd agree with all of your post except the part about "will get into their 30's with nothing".