PM Yingluck says losing 37 year Don Mueang constituency 'not a big loss'

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-election activities not coherent is code for " over confident ". This constituency has been described as a red stronghold in Bangkok so they probably thought all they had to do was stick a name on the ballot and then count their majority.

Ooops !

Another constituency they thought would vote for an 'Electric Pole' if it ran under the PT banner. PTP is not short of 'over confidence'.

I can only assume that Thaksin told her to play this down. Actually, I'm convinced that he probably tells her what to wear and eat, as well.

I can believe that Yingluck is likely too dense to understand that it's probably very significant, by-election or not, but Thaksin must realize that when you dominate a constituency for 37 years and then lose it, a message is clearly being sent. Perhaps the populist actions (rice scam, automobile tax credits, etc,) hasn't benefited people in that riding very much, and they're starting to see just how harmful these programs will be to Thailand in the long run.

Once again, the stuff that Thai politicians say amazes me. They're <deleted>' shameless!!!

Don Mueng district got to see first hand how this government performs when it was allowed to flood in 2011. Kind of hard to forget that your house stayed flooded for weeks and some still have not got the compensation others got.

• Like 2

There are quite a few seats in the central area that PTP "won" by very small margins and far less than 50% of the vote. Yingluck would want to hope that there are no by-elections in those areas in the near future.

The PTP are going to lose a few seats in those areas when there is a general election. I don't think they're going to get the majority (of seats) that they did in the last election, so they're going to have to shell out a bit more to get the coalition together to be able to form government.

If there was a snap General Election right now, PTP would not be in power for very much longer. For now, they are hanging on as best they can and skimming as much as they can.

If there was a viable 3rd "party", I am sure they would get a lot of the votes. Anyone want to help set up the Thai Rak Farang party?

PTP would probably still be in power, but with quite a few less of their own seats. They would have to have support from smaller parties to form government.

I can only assume that Thaksin told her to play this down. Actually, I'm convinced that he probably tells her what to wear and eat, as well.

I can believe that Yingluck is likely too dense to understand that it's probably very significant, by-election or not, but Thaksin must realize that when you dominate a constituency for 37 years and then lose it, a message is clearly being sent. Perhaps the populist actions (rice scam, automobile tax credits, etc,) hasn't benefited people in that riding very much, and they're starting to see just how harmful these programs will be to Thailand in the long run.

Once again, the stuff that Thai politicians say amazes me. They're <deleted>' shameless!!!

The more I see and hear from her the more convinced I am that she's not even capable of being a puppet

She must be good at something. ..........................Surely?

Shopping

The party hasn't been going for anything like 37 years in any incarnation.

It must be referring to either the Democrats not holding it for 37 years, or a party that was bought by TRT holding it prior to TRT being formed.

It's more or less the normal political response. I think politicians the world over would have the same response:

• It's not siginificant
  • We didn't have enough time to communicate our position correctly
  • by-elections are the same as general election (duh! - usually should be a wakeup call)
  • etc

They will always downplay a loss. Thailand is no different.

At least there were no claims that the opposition bought votes, cheated, lied, rigged the election.

• Like 1

It's more or less the normal political response. I think politicians the world over would have the same response:

• It's not siginificant
  • by-elections are the same as general election (duh! - usually should be a wakeup call)
  • etc

At least there were no claims that the opposition bought votes, cheated, lied, rigged the election.

Of course it is- much to do about nothing.

I totally agree with PM Yingluck, losing the constituency of DM is no big loss. Much ado about nothing. Pheu Thai can do without them. Even dwelling on this minor mishap already suggests an undemocratic attitude.

And the PTP government goes from strength to strength, under its new leader, at least according to her herself ? blink.png

Perhaps Big Sister or Big Brother believe it, but I'm afraid that I don't, and nor I suspect do her Cabinet colleagues who, as she was complaining only last week, are failing to support her properly. I wonder why ?

Time for a reshuffle, starting at the top ! rolleyes.gif

Does anybody in their wildest dreams imagine that the PTP MPs will have a meeting and vote whether to retain Yingluk or elect a new leader?

How is a government democratic when there is no democracy within the party forming government?

Of course they will and whatever they decide will be carried by just one vote.

Remember they are a "democratic party" and they will go with the majority vote.

Thaksins!!

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

And the PTP government goes from strength to strength, under its new leader, at least according to her herself ? blink.png

Perhaps Big Sister or Big Brother believe it, but I'm afraid that I don't, and nor I suspect do her Cabinet colleagues who, as she was complaining only last week, are failing to support her properly. I wonder why ?

Time for a reshuffle, starting at the top ! rolleyes.gif

Does anybody in their wildest dreams imagine that the PTP MPs will have a meeting and vote whether to retain Yingluk or elect a new leader?

How is a government democratic when there is no democracy within the party forming government?

Thank God for that then. Imagine 'Mr. Pink Bentley' as the new PM!

• It's not siginificant
  • etc

Buying votes, cheating & lying are trade marked by PTP.

It's early days yet so there is plenty of time for the accusations to start flying.

Just look at how they 'accepted' the loss in the election for BKK Governor.