British man found dead at Central Pattaya Apartment

Lite Beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock!

Either primary or secondary. With secondary shock, this is a condition often overlooked as the victim often appears OK before being hit with it.

Shock in a case like this would be:

a state of collapse of the body after injury or trauma. Shock may be either primary or secondary. The principal effects of shock are slowing of the peripheral blood flow and reduction in cardiac output.

cheesyd.

Your right about the tragic circumstances of a young mans death but perhaps several posters were actually trying to get across the total lack of creditable reporting in the article giving rise to speculation that the police after viewing the deceased NZ passport determined that he was a Brit and in the light that no other evidence was offered then he was a Kiwi therefore giving rise to the belief that if they cannot get that right then what bloody chance of catching anyone if another person was responsible for his death.

David.

David,

I think Mr. Mounceys passport is probably a British one but has his birthplace listed as Dunedin, New Zealand which has led to the debate.

Condolences to his family, very sad and I do hope the actual cause of death is determined.

I would say you are correct. American friend of mine has a US Passport but was born in El Salvador, and it says El Salvador in his US Passport. Nether the less, condlances to the mans family.

Mr. Mouncey ends up dead, and everything is open and shut with a word from a maid (who keeps her eye on his door 24/7), and the amazing BIB with their clairvoyant abilities to read dead bodies for known causes of death.

There are more strange Thais going in and out of hotels than you will see with rats in a pile of rubbish. There is also such a thing as guests having to provide their iD cards in order to enter the premises.

There is also the amazing fact that a certain paralyzed maid receives so much support and unverifiable fact as to who caused her damages (a foreigner), yet all of this amazing support and ability to pull certainty out of thin air ceases to exist in the case of poor Mr. Mouncey. Instead, the clairvoyant powers of the police lean towards "it's the foreigner's fault"; as usual and no suspects are known to have been rounded up.

This is deplorable, folks.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Do you know how many people die in Thailand due to the ridiculous, shiney, slippery when wet, tiles they fit in bathrooms? A friend of mine slipped in her own bathroom, grabbed the wash-basin to steady herself, it came off the wall shattered on the floor and shards of it stabbed her in her legs and arms, she was lucky she didn't bleed to death, and of course she carries the scars to this day. Therefore when bathrooms are mentioned in deaths with head injuries I cannot help but think of tragic and entirely preventable possible reasons as the cause.

• Like 1

How is he Briitish if he was born in New Zealand

If one of your parents is a British Citizen then you are entitled to such as well, my nephew was born in San Fran & his mother is a US citizen, but because he's also my brothers child he has citizenship of both countries.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Police were called to the P Place Apartments in Soi 8 off Pattaya Second Road to investigate the unexplained death and were directed to the apartment occupied by Mr. Alan Patrick Mouncey who was born in Dunedin, New Zealand according to his passport.

Mr. Mouncey’s naked body was on the floor close to the entrance of the toilet. A clear and significant head injury was seen by Police and blood stains in the bathroom and on the bed were also discovered

Rest in peace! My sincere condolences to his family and friends. -wai2.gif

A bloke dies in suspicious circumstances and all TV members can do is debate how he could possibly be British and yet born in NZ. Almost like someone being born in USA and then ruling a foreign country - impossible to comprehend.

ROTFLMAO....!!!!

Blood stains around the apartment, they need to be explained. Real police would be looking for splatter - if splatter is high then it wasn't a ground strike.

Could have had a clonic tonic convulsion knocks his head violently and whilst recovering wandered around not realising how much blood was being lost.

Have had experience with first but fortunately not the latter.

RIP.

I've been drunk in the shower before and fell backwards out of the bath, almost hitting my head on a marble sink unit in a Bangkok hotel before.

Like people say it's easy to have an accident in the bathroom especially if alcohol is involved.

yep.. I`ve also had a few near misses... a wierd one about a yeah ago... right butt cheek was black and blue... god only knows how that happened... whistling.gif

Been there also. Those hotel bathtub showers get awful slippery especially after arriving back from a night on the suds. Luckily for me I escaped with a bruised shoulder and thigh. Didn't feel a thing until I woke up the next day.

'It was confirmed that no other individuals entered the apartment prior to the discovery of his body by a cleaner at 12.30pm on Monday.

Therefore, presumably it was a self inflicted head injury (deliberate or accidental) with blood everywhere?

If you read the rest of the article the police are speculating that he had a pre-existing medical condition which caused the death.

Insanity?

Certainly insanity rules here.

Was there the usual photo of some medications near the body thus explaining to all the likely cause of the death?blink.png

People slip, fall and bang their heads in the bathroom every day. Some don't live to tell the tale. I know, it happened to one of my brothers. He slipped in the bathroom, fell, banged his head and died. Another brother slipped in the shower, fell and broke his shoulder. He had to wear one of those casts that held his arm at a 90 degree angle to his body. I am very careful getting out of the shower as we know things happen in 3's.

RIP to the dead fellow. Much too young to pass.

fully agree rip to the guy ...also bathrooms ...my mate in insurance says most dangerous room in any house is the bathroom ..62%of all home accidents occur in this room...plus the thai fascination with slippery tiles ..last trip here personally met THREE guys with broken arm ....ankle .and fingers ...all result of slipping ..one also had a bandaged head ...i am very wary of stepping out of showers ...

• Like 1

People slip, fall and bang their heads in the bathroom every day. Some don't live to tell the tale. I know, it happened to one of my brothers. He slipped in the bathroom, fell, banged his head and died. Another brother slipped in the shower, fell and broke his shoulder. He had to wear one of those casts that held his arm at a 90 degree angle to his body. I am very careful getting out of the shower as we know things happen in 3's.

In 2010, I slipped on the wet floor (Leaking A/C) after shower in Soi Chaiypoon Pattaya, end up broke my elbow. The floor tiles is not suitbale for walking, should be for walls. Lots of Guesthouses floors are very dangerous. Take great care when coming out of the bathroom. I think the death was caused by slippery floor. Condolence to his family and RIP to the poor lad.

Significant head injuries and blood around the apartment. Definitely sounds suspicious to me but I guess we will have to wait on the BIB to determine the actual cause.

You're joking, right?

The BiB will determine it was death by natural causes.

Or suicide, and why is all farang always naked when found dead?

Good question. Can anyone answer that?

Do the killers believe that is some type of final humiliation?

If your a foreigner your either British (European) or American in there eyes..

It was probably a freak accident unless he had a broken heart from the girl who left. They need to question her but nothing will come from it I suspect. Atleast he was enjoying his final days in Pattaya living his life to the fullest I always say.. RIP

Wet tiled floors are literally deadly,unless the tiles are non skid. I know of one death and several serious injuries from wet tiles.

The link provides the following statement which seems more creative than even the TV posters. biggrin.png

Police are speculating that Mr. Mouncey may have suffered from an acute medical problem which caused him to collapse. It is thought he was able to recover but the head-injury sustained in the fall may have caused his eventual death.

The acute medical problem can be quite simply diagnosed as Thai Bar Girl Anger syndrome or better known as TBGA in the Pattaya punter medical field.

His father in NZ was perhaps a BRIT so he got duel nationality NZ & BRIT

If that was not the case then he might have traveled to the UK, remained there and eventually applied for British nationality and got it.

my mother go married a second time i was under 18 ... now have got duel nationality

The link provides the following statement which seems more creative than even the TV posters. Posted Image

Police are speculating that Mr. Mouncey may have suffered from an acute medical problem which caused him to collapse. It is thought he was able to recover but the head-injury sustained in the fall may have caused his eventual death.

This is exactly the same scenario as happened to a friend of mine many years ago. An existing medical problem caused hime to fall over and hit his head and he was briefly unconscious. He soon woke up unaware he had suffered a brain haemorrage in the collapse. He lost consciousness again due to the bleeding in his brain and despite being taken to hospital died soon after.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess you are rather cautious in the bathroom.

I guess you are rather cautious in the bathroom.

The best way to be careful in the bathroom is never to bathe alone. In fact, the more the merrier.

When I die peacefully in my nice soft in my nice house in the nice leafy suburb with my loving family close by I am going to have my body moved to a skanky bedsit apartment in Pootaya just so people who have no idea and nothing better to do can make up wild conspiracy theories on TV

• Like 1

When I die peacefully in my nice soft in my nice house in the nice leafy suburb with my loving family close by I am going to have my body moved to a skanky bedsit apartment in Pootaya just so people who have no idea and nothing better to do can make up wild conspiracy theories on TV

thumbsup.gif Appreciate that, thanks.