How do I sell my condominium in Bangkok?

I've been trying to sell a small condo in Bangkok for 6 months through the condo management office because that's what I thought was the most effective way. However there's been very little activity. I've also posted it on a few websites but still no results. What is the best way to sell a condo? Do they have property agents like in other countries? Any other suggestions?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat...

Trying to sell my 3 year 2 BR apartment and get something bigger.

I've posted on TV.com, baht and Sold, its at the office and I've e-mailed numerous websites, the Wife has e-mail the Thai agents.

They all want 3% if sold through them which is fine...

No hits so far I guess it takes time - its for sale at the same price I purchased it at....

It'll be interesting to see how others managed their sale...

I'm in the same boat...

I've posted on TV.com, baht and Sold, its at the office and I've e-mailed numerous websites, the Wife has e-mail the Thai agents.

No hits so far I guess it takes time - its for sale at the same price I purchased it at....

What I can't understand is if there is a new project around the area, it always sells out before it's completed. So there must be buyers out there somewhere?? Also given my price point, location next to a mall and near universities I thought it would be ideal for the Thais.

Same problem been trying to sell a new built 3 bed house on 3 rai near burri ram cost me nearly 3 mil to build am asking half that,,only getting time wasters

I'm used to selling property in HK and Macau where as soon as you list with a few agents (who are all eager and hungry) you literally receive inquiries and do showings within days.

I'm in the same boat...

What I can't understand is if there is a new project around the area, it always sells out before it's completed. So there must be buyers out there somewhere?? Also given my price point, location next to a mall and near universities I thought it would be ideal for the Thais.

That's because they offer payment plans. Something you could consider offering if possible. Have you advertised at the uni close by?

The best way is to put a sign on your property and also reduce the price. I used agents but they are worthless, they just sit on the contract may some one ask them and they get money.

In one case I offered the agent additional commission and then I got more trafic

Thais prefer to own brand new condo or houses, so second hand condos have to be a rock bottom price to be attractive to buyers.

Thais prefer to own brand new condo or houses, so second hand condos have to be a rock bottom price to be attractive to buyers.

Well, I agree with the "buying new" concept but if the condo is located at a good spot people will be willing to buy second hand and at higher price.. Everything it's about location, location, location..

Edited by kotsak

Start by asking half

It's only THB 5 Mil and price 10% lower than the other two bedrooms units for sale in the 2 year old building.

Bring it down to 4 mil, and see if you get any bites.

If you get nothing, bring it down to 2.5 mil, and then see if you get any bites.

If you still get nothing, forget about selling it and either i) carry on staying there ii) Rent it out

Welcome to the Thai real estate marketsmile.png

You say that it is "only" 5m baht 1) it does not mean anything without at least size and location 2) mind you this is A LOT of money in Thailand.

Other rules:

- Agents are useless and will not do any actual work. They have hundreds of condos for sale, if yours is not special or cheap (i.e easy and fast to sell), they will not make any effort.

- Only a handful of buildings appreciate wiith time, in the very prime locations. Others keep their face value at best (meaning they depreciate fast given inflation). And that's not for most recent units, pricing gap between second hand and new is just too big.

As other suggested, if you want to sell fast, price it 20-30% below "market". Or try to sell it in HK, it may work as 5m baht will make a cheap holiday home by HK standards.

Easy to sell, just make sure its at a price that will entice buyers. If its not it won't sell, simple

Do not go head to head with the thousands of other properties like yours that have been for sale for years. Complete waste of time.

Take my advice, reduce price. It's the only way

Hi there, I'm interested in buying a condo for my wife and I. Going back to Thailand for good. It will be best if we can work out a payment plan instead of going thru bank loans. As its really tedious for a foreigner to get a loan. Anyone interested pls msg me.

Hi there, I'm interested in buying a condo for my wife and I. Going back to Thailand for good. It will be best if we can work out a payment plan instead of going thru bank loans. As its really tedious for a foreigner to get a loan. Anyone interested pls msg me.

Thats always a possibility... but I suspect a seller would want something in the region of a 50% downpayment as security...

I'm not sure how the legalities would work out... but for example:

6,500,000 Baht Condo...

3,250,000 Baht deposit

3250,000 Baht remaining (50,000 Baht per month x 65 months)

PM Sent...

It would be helpful to know area of this condo and name of building?

The condo name is The Seed Terre Ratchayothin located in Ratchayothin right next to The Major Cinema Shopping Centre. 2 Bdrm 2 bath 50 sq meters. It's located on the street which has been given the green light for the new BTS line opening up in 4 years.

Thats always a possibility... but I suspect a seller would want something in the region of a 50% downpayment as security...

I'm not sure how the legalities would work out... but for example:

6,500,000 Baht Condo...

3,250,000 Baht deposit

3250,000 Baht remaining (50,000 Baht per month x 65 months)

PM Sent...

Yes, exactly some security is necessary. Where are you from?

Actually I can't cope with the downpayment that's why I don't want to get loan as well. But paying monthly is alright for me. Coz it will take quite awhile to save up that sum.

But nobody will sell you a second hand unit with no security if you are a foreigner. Your only option is to rent.

I think you have two problems....50 sq meter 2 bedroom 2 bath condo is the size of a postage stamp!(I have bedrooms larger than your whole condo) Also your condo is out by Chatuchak (not Bangkok central). I have a 300 sq meter townhouse (actually two converted to one large one) in Prawet near the new airport that I paid 3.5 million baht a few years back.....wish I could sell it for the same price I paid ( 12,000 baht/sq meter) Easy to buy property ....not so easy to sell!...Good luck .....best thing for you to do is reduce price. Good luck