Dogs need a home

I lived on the island for years and have 2 dogs there staying at the house I shared with the Mrs. The Mrs will be coming to join me in the UK soon so my dogs are in need of a home.

Impossible ask I know but I'm putting it out there as you never know your luck. The dogs are 5 and 6, one a American Pitbull and thai dog cross (soft as you like and very friendly other one is a female soi dog. Both have had the snip and in good condition.

If I don't find anyone I will have to take them to the dog place in Taling Nam and pay for their keep but thats of course not ideal for them.

thanks all, if anyone hears of anyone after a dog give me a shout, the Mrs will not be leaving for a few mounths yet.

Have you considered shipping them back to the UK? Dog rescue have shipped many back to Germany and might be able to give you some advice as to how to go about it.

They would have to go into UK quarantine but it has improved a lot over the years.

I'm not sure quarantine is necessary even. With all the necessary paperwork from the vet regards tests and injections they can avoid all of that.

Check out the pets forum.....or maybe move this thread for some expert advice there.

• Like 2

Have you considered shipping them back to the UK? Dog rescue have shipped many back to Germany and might be able to give you some advice as to how to go about it.

They would have to go into UK quarantine but it has improved a lot over the years.

Do they ship dogs with "mushroom problem" ?

You need a microchip installed then a blood test for rabies, sent to uk for clearance then wait 3 months.

After the 3 months, you need worming pills and vet clearance cert done.(time limitations apply) You then crate the dog to uk.On arrival no quarantine necessary.Dog then applies for UK pet passport easy.

The vet in Chawaeng ring road can sort all this out easy.There is also a BA desk that can arrange the entire thing if need be.

You sound like a fairly decent bloke...

PLEASE don't leave your animals unattended here.

If you had the means to buy , and raise, an imported Pit Bull Terrier ( the wordl's most dangerous canine ) , surely you still have the means to take him (or her) with you to the UK.... It's not difficult.

The very last thing that is needed here is yet another unwanted imported dog.....

My family and I have personally rescued many, many dogs and cats in the last 20 years, and, alas, we now have very little patience with " temporary " residents and their "temporary" pets...

With a pet comes a responsibility....

• Like 1

Pit Bulls are illegal in the UK and would be put down Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 so not an option,, and OP is asking for option on Samui not UK.

I was not aware that Pit Bulls were banned from import to the UK..... but I am not surprised...

Pit Bulls are illegal in the UK and would be put down Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 so not an option,, and OP is asking for option on Samui not UK.

I was not aware that Pit Bulls were banned from import to the UK..... but I am not surprised...

They are banned full stop

CWMKPG, theres always one. I lived on the island for about 8 years and fully intended to stay but unforseen circumstances changed that. Both dogs were saved from the street full of worms and would have died years ago without me. The male is a bitpull / thai dog cross and not the worlds most dangerous canine but infact less likely to bite a person than any other dog due to them being bred to be restrained by people without biting. My one has a lovely temprement and has never so much as snapped at anyone.

Thanks for your suggestions so far everyone.

I am looking for any suggestions while I still have time to make a decision and all options are open.

CWMKPG, theres always one. I lived on the island for about 8 years and fully intended to stay but unforseen circumstances changed that. Both dogs were saved from the street full of worms and would have died years ago without me. The male is a bitpull / thai dog cross and not the worlds most dangerous canine but infact less likely to bite a person than any other dog due to them being bred to be restrained by people without biting. My one has a lovely temprement and has never so much as snapped at anyone.

I am looking for any suggestions while I still have time to make a decision and all options are open.

A Pit bull falls under the UK dangerous dog act. However a Staffordshire Bully looks much the same only smaller and is OK. If your dog had a sporting mother and looks more like a Staffy or a mongrel you might not have a problem. You might need an attestation from a vet.

Hope that you get things sorted.

I don't think the vet will ascertain the breed just by the looks of the dog, or if he does, will it be acceptable to EU regulator. And for import to the EU the breed must be known and well documented. Impossible to know all breeds a soi dog is made up from without DNA testing. They can do it in Thailand, but will be costly.

A Pit bull falls under the UK dangerous dog act. However a Staffordshire Bully looks much the same only smaller and is OK. If your dog had a sporting mother and looks more like a Staffy or a mongrel you might not have a problem. You might need an attestation from a vet.

Hope that you get things sorted.

Thanks, not much doubt about his breed by looking at him. He is over 40kg and a big boy, pretty much looks like the real deal American Pitbull