Thai man points pistol at Russian visitor in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah I see there are many 'experts' who know what to do when you see a gun pointed at your head... It would be great to see you in this situation. It's just a really stressful situation, and different people react really different when they are very scared. I've seen a really bad road accident one time, and ALL people in one car looked very different - one guy was very calm (like that poor guy in the video), one woman was crying and went out of her mind and another guy was running back and forth in front of the car and talking something to himself. Don't judge by yourself, or at least get scared to death - and lets talk after that.

BTW everybody knows that this video is going to be removed from Youtube because some guy in Phuket police said 'it should be removed because it works agains Phuket's image'?

Why did he set up video equipment before opening the door? He must have known something was up. And he is way too calm.

He should have taken the 10,000 Baht and blamed the girl, she was the one fooling around.

He said he hurd people trying I get in the door first probably shouting telling him to open

So he though if I am about to get pinged then might aswell get some video

Anyway it shows that this is Thailand and this is their place

I think it was the woman's fault she was obviously messing people around and playin them off against each other

If the rusky had any brains he would have pushed the bed against the door and forgot about a photo shoot. rolleyes.gif

If you had any brains you'd stop posting tough guy bull-sh1t and making a fool of yourself.

I watched the video several times. I am positive the gun was real, guess

the police saying it was fake was some sort of damage control over what is potentially a very damaging incident to Phuket tourism. I am also very impressed by the toughness of the Russian. He took the Thai guy's slaps like they were nothing, and showed not the slightest shred of fear while staring at a loony Thai holding a gun and yelling at him. Wow.....

The Thai guy made a serious mistake by actually pulling the trigger, thus showing the Russian the gun was empty. I was surprised the Russian did not leap up and kick the crap out of the smaller Thai guy...

hahahahha thai style ! , you see they dont like the russians you will hear soon, some russian die , but he lucky and alive !

Actually if it was in Texas and some guy was banging your wife, you can shoot him dead. If she 'just so happens' to be under him when you shoot him, and you use a powerful enough gauge for the bullet to pass right through him and kill her too, biggrin.png then you cannot get done for her death either. biggrin.png

I think you will find the law is the same in Thailand; this was told to me by a lawyer who has spoken at the Pattaya expat several times.

hahahahha thai style ! , you see they dont like the russians you will hear soon, some russian die , but he lucky and alive !

Actually if it was in Texas and some guy was banging your wife, you can shoot him dead. If she 'just so happens' to be under him when you shoot him, and you use a powerful enough gauge for the bullet to pass right through him and kill her too, biggrin.png then you cannot get done for her death either. biggrin.png

I think you will find the law is the same in Thailand; this was told to me by a lawyer who has spoken at the Pattaya expat several times.

Highly unlikely as Thai law is based on English Common law.

• Like 1

^ Law in Thailand depends on two things.

Money.

Family.

And another if one happens to be a Westerner.... race.

Don't ever forget it or believe otherwise.

Wrong.

The law is one thing.

The way it is implemented is another.

You are talking about the second, not the first.

What did the media say the Thai guys name and company were again?

I posted details about the case back on page 11 of this thread... and here's the portion you asked about...

As published (by the OTHER newspaper Friday, we now know the bully's name is Patchara Utsaha, aged 37, and he is a manager at Thai Pramual Oil.

Trust me, it was real

The guy left town in a hurry because he thought the guy with friends will be back for more payback or a walk down the street in a weeks time may be his last.

Unless you've had a pistol pointed at you, you don't know how your going to react.

It was typical Thai style of confrontation and words and I'd say on the trip to the island with her friends

he may of dipped his wick and when she got back, crazy boy has found out or put 2 and 2 together.

Oh he's my brother is a common story here in Thailand when playing both guys.

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6fdJYQ8kM

He's lucky, some guy did this up-country at a bar and ended up paying out 200,000 baht to the armed husband who was banging on his door!

The police there would do nothing as it was out in the sticks!

So, that was an armed robbery, rather than an assault. Is that correct?