Russian Special Visa Rules

I read on another site that Russians get 30 day visa on arrival when they do a land border crossing. Is that true? If so, what else do they get that is different? I am amazed even at Thailand that they would make such a blatant favoritism move. I would think many other countries with a large Thailand tourist or ex pat presence would have made quite a stink about that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian passport holders will get 30 days entry under a bilateral agreement with Thailand.

Nationals of the following countries may enter Thailand without a visa

Bilateral Agreement

Period of stay

30 Days 90 days

Hong Kong Argentina

Laos Brazil

Macau Chile

Mongolia Korea (ROK)

Russia Peru

Vietnam

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123

A bilateral agreement eh? OK. I guess that is fair. Most countries won't allow Thais going to their country such a passage. Of course, I kind of doubt that Russia will have much of an inrush of Thais to their country. I will be interested to chat with some more Thai girls on my next trip to see what their feeling is about going to Russia as cmpared to other countries

• Like 1

whistling.gif Yes, bi-lateral agreement.

You wash mine and I'll wash yours .... can't get fairer than that.

Exactly when do you think either "her majesty's government" or "U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service" will agree to that with the Thai government?

30 days or maybe 90 day joint agreement?

I wouldn't hold your breath for either to happen.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Thais are more than welcome in Russia without a Visa, so why not reciprocate special privileges??

Considering how hard most of the countries on the Thai Visa exempt list make it for Thais to get into their countries.

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Like 2

A bilateral agreement eh? OK. I guess that is fair. Most countries won't allow Thais going to their country such a passage. Of course, I kind of doubt that Russia will have much of an inrush of Thais to their country. I will be interested to chat with some more Thai girls on my next trip to see what their feeling is about going to Russia as cmpared to other countries

I don't know, my brother-in-law already went to Moscow for a few days holiday, so there's definitely some Thai's going there because it's a lot easier than going to places in the West.

Japan also recently allowed visa-free travel for Thais, so it's opening up in those countries where they realise that genuine wealthy tourists aren't willing to go through the hassles involved in visa applications for a short break. It's one thing to fill in a 14 page form in a foreign language and get fingerprinted if you're intending to go and actually live somewhere. It's another thing entirely to go through that much hassle for a short holiday.

• Like 1

Yes that is entirely true that via a land border Russians can get a 30 day extension.It is also true that if Russians use the Friendship Bridge that Australia built to join Thailand to Laos they,(amongst other nationalities) ,do not have to pay any fees or charges.Australians on the other hand have to pay high fees to even cross the bridge!!??#%5.<deleted>??????

• Like 1

Russian passport holders will get 30 days entry under a bilateral agreement with Thailand.

Bilateral Agreement

Period of stay

30 Days 90 days

Hong Kong Argentina

Laos Brazil

Macau Chile

Mongolia Korea (ROK)

Russia Peru

Vietnam

Interesting... A fair number of Thai ladies go to Korea for undeclared work (massage, etc.)... I'm surprised that the Koreans have such an open-door policy (esp. as the Thais get caught often enough).

On the contrary - a lot of top "models" are working in exclusive clubs there.

• Like 1

I don't know, my brother-in-law already went to Moscow for a few days holiday, so there's definitely some Thai's going there because it's a lot easier than going to places in the West.

Japan also recently allowed visa-free travel for Thais, so it's opening up in those countries where they realise that genuine wealthy tourists aren't willing to go through the hassles involved in visa applications for a short break. It's one thing to fill in a 14 page form in a foreign language and get fingerprinted if you're intending to go and actually live somewhere. It's another thing entirely to go through that much hassle for a short holiday.

Maybe easier, but did the brother in law enjoy Moscow? Edited by SinglePot

Bilateral Agreement

Period of stay

30 Days 90 days

Hong Kong Argentina

Laos Brazil

Macau Chile

Mongolia Korea (ROK)

Russia Peru

Vietnam

Why?

It's true, we have a 30-day stamp for a stay in Thailand by arrival. And it's does not matter a bus or a plane across the border. Visa to Laos is free for us too.

It's just a friendship third world countries. You can not imagine how hard to get a visa to U.S. or Europe and even more to Australia for us.

• Like 2

It's true, we have a 30-day stamp for a stay in Thailand by arrival. And it's does not matter a bus or a plane across the border. Visa to Laos is free for us too.
It's just a friendship third world countries. You can not imagine how hard to get a visa to U.S. or Europe and even more to Australia for us.

Russia is a third world country???

• Like 2

I had a Thai friend go on vacation to Russia a few years ago. She had a good trip. No visa needed.

Are there a lot of Russians coming to Thailand via land crossings? ThaiVisa has taught me that Russian tourists only come here on package tours.

I don't want to go to Russia. Enough of them visiting here have put me off. Posted Image

I could say that about half the ex pats here. I have been to.russia many times and most people were just like any other person on the planet...nice warm friendly. You.never never know unless you actually go

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

UK ok if you not british they let any1 in lol id been living thailand 9 years went back had to prove i was british so i could study and sign on lived on the streets 6mths coz my skin was the wrong colour oh and iam a atheist so guess that was a problem beatdeadhorse.gifviolin.gif

• Like 1

It's true, we have a 30-day stamp for a stay in Thailand by arrival. And it's does not matter a bus or a plane across the border. Visa to Laos is free for us too.

It's just a friendship third world countries. You can not imagine how hard to get a visa to U.S. or Europe and even more to Australia  for us.

Unfortunately you can thank your countrymen who are corrupt...rude... thieves and just nasty and all those who entered our country tenyears agoon holiday visas... more open then... and never left. Thats one reason why Australia is now so hard to Russians

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I had a Thai friend go on vacation to Russia a few years ago. She had a good trip. No visa needed.

Are there a lot of Russians coming to Thailand via land crossings? ThaiVisa has taught me that Russian tourists only come here on package tours.

Yes, there are many many Russian land crossing every month because they are working here illegaly without visa...thanks to bilateral agreement !

And I wonder if this bilateral shxt is limited or if they can cross as many times as they want to be sure to work illegaly as long as they want ?

And I wonder if this bilateral shxt is limited or if they can cross as many times as they want to be sure to work illegaly as long as they want ?

I was under the impression, due to ThaiVisa, that there is no limit to land border crossings for any nationality.

yes, wife says Japan opens up to Thai on July 1. She's very excited cuz we used to live there, but going back to visit is a pain. Now we can get in hassle-free.