living in thailand, if you could do it all over again then......

benalibina

Just 3 things would I change

1 Ignore my wife when she says "Can't build house there. BIL had house there and had bad luck. I later learned he was locked up for illegal logging.

2 Say no to the massive house party. No one else round here does it. Stick to family and friends.

3 Buy more land for the rubber trees.

God, give me the strength to change the things I can, the patience to accept the ones I can't and the wisdom to know the difference...

-

AA and other 12-step programs, referred to as the Serenity prayer provenance disputed: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/11prayer.html

Also - One day at a time. First things first. Easy does it. Live and let live. Think.

All pretty tried and true words to live by even for those without major problems in life (lucky few, or just young).

Yes... Sometimes I wonder if only the banalities are true, or maybe Truth is banal...

Thanks for the link... I just saw it, don't remember where in my travels. smile.png

Yeah, that and invest my entire net worth in the SET.

-

Easy enough to say about any market after the fact - but would you take the same bet today?

What if your time window was only say two years?

Well of course you're right. Just answering the OP's question. If you're asking about today, I'd have to go consult my crystal ball...blink.png But seriously, I think all stock markets (SET included) are due for a major correction. Easy to say now that the DOW has been bloody the last couple of days. But I think it's got more downside in the medium term...or at least I hope. Waiting for some good buying opportunities.

• Like 1

Don't know how to answer this one. I can only tell you I feel like an alien that crashed here by accident. Always lonely, never feel at home and never feel security about my future and my possessions.

Don't know how to answer this one. I can only tell you I feel like an alien that crashed here by accident. Always lonely, never feel at home and never feel security about my future and my possessions.

simple solution "GO HOME"

would i do it again,

in an instant,, the only regret ive got here in thailand is that i never found the place when i was in my twentys,

i love my time here, some say i dont live here, ok up to them, the uk tax man says i live here,,lol

i work away, mostly in the oil and gas industry, at the moment though in scotland,

so you could say ive got the best of both worlds, i get to see my family in england, also get to return home to a beautiful wife and daughter,

would i change anything about my life,,,,,,,, no not really,,,

maybe would be better if i could spent more time at home,, but im only 52, 53 on tuesday, so i look at it that im working hard to make a better life for us all, and include my children in england in that statement, even though they are grown ill allways be there dad, and i will allways be there for them too and they no that,

look you all no im not good with words, so would i do it again.. i bloody would just sooner,

jake

• Like 2

I would have made the move sooner.

I would have played alot more golf when i was younger as thats where I have made all my best business deals in Thailand.

I would have passed up on the first year and a half ish in the beer bars.

I would have learned to read and write Thai. (still can just stubborn now)

I would have figured when a woman tells you something and that makes 1 + 1 = no where near 2 walk away and laugh.

Never let anyone know your occupation.

Enjoy Thailand for it's fun little quirks and different ideals. Always thinking about where your from how people from different areas are seen.

Came to this website much earier as it does provide lots of laughs from the guys who bitch about everything and anything.

• Like 1

Would I do it again? I first came here 13 years before, but I certainly would have done it in 1983, when I first stepped ashore on Samui Island. Alas I was but 30 YO at the time.

Oh, if you could have seen Samui then. Paradise is an overused word these days, but Samui was the real deal in those days.

So I guess the answer to your question is, yes.

If I could do it over again.. hmmm I would have started learning the language earlier. I might have bought a bigger house to start with and in a different location. Thing is you never know how your life is going to be so it might be real bad (except for learning the language) if I lived it different.

If I could do it over again.. hmmm I would have started learning the language earlier. I might have bought a bigger house to start with and in a different location. Thing is you never know how your life is going to be so it might be real bad (except for learning the language) if I lived it different.

Thats right, be happy with what you have because it for sure could be a lot worse.

simple solution "GO HOME"

I'll be here long long looooooooooong after you are gone and forgotten.

I'll be here long long looooooooooong after you are gone and forgotten.

Mai mee krai roo anakot.

No one knows the future, any of us could have passed on from this earth between the time I wrote this comment and you read it - or didn't, if it was you.

• Like 1