Phibun Mangsaharn Immigration, very pleasant.

retiredaamt

I thought you weren't allowed to sign papers before arriving. Granted signing 80-90 pages for a marriage extension takes all of 3 minutes...

I think what we've experienced this year is just the transition. I also thought they were more efficient last week.

I was at that place only 2 weeks ago and had to go back 3 days in a row.

The lady who dealt with my visa extension for my job had us running around for 3 days.

Day 1 - You dont have everything come back with all this tomorrow.

OK done.

Day 2 - "You need to bring another piece of paper with a stamp on"

"You never told us yesterday"

"Well I am now"

Smiled and left.

Day 3 - Had everything and the kind lady had a face like thunder as I had all my docs.

2 hours, only 3 people waiting in the office all the time I was there.

Later on she says with a smile "you dont have everything, more stamps needed"

Her boss intervened and sorted it, face like thunder again.

Paid my fee.

I say can I have the address of the immigration office.

"NO, why do you want that?"

"90 day reporting" I said.

She says " you cannot do it by post you need to come to the office every 90 days, it will get lost and you will be on overstay if you dont come in person"

I say "that is inconvenient as I live 80km away. I will post it by EMS 2 weeks before and someone here (at immi) will need to sign for it, I will keep the receipt from the post office and print out the EMS tracker page if there is a problem".

Her face was a sight unfortunately.

She wrote the address and I wai'd her and left.

I was nothing but pleasant on the 3 days I went and dont know why I got this treatment.

I was really miffed as to why I was treated badly.

Just as a side note on day 2 I was asked for some extra papers.

I said "In Bangkok, Mae Sot and in Phitsanulok I never needed these things so why here?" All said with a light heart and smile.

I received the answer "because this is Ubon". I said is it not Thailand and the lady replied " No, its Ubon".

Another side note.

A Danish man was sat with his wife when I arrived he was being seen to for his annual marriage extension. He said he enjoyed Phiboon and never had a problem in 10 years of going he was happy and content.

I told him waiting for 2 plus hours when there is no one in immi isnt good and its half the time of that in other areas, maybe excluding CM and tourist/ retirement traps. He was still there when I left.

It appears good and bad days and possibly your face. She obviously didnt like mine.

:D

Sorry about the spelling in advance.

Sent from my sausage fingers on my phone

• Like 1

Every immigration thread is the same. One guy says how terrible they are, the next had a pleasant experience. It doesn't matter whether it's PM or Kap Cheong or where.

Much of it depends on the customer, of course, but even when the customer is nice, the officer may have a hangover, have had a quarrel with his/her wife/husband etc.

The only thing to do is to be as pleasant as you can, never give a tip of any kind, and have the grace to take it as it comes. Tomorrow is another day.

Did you call ahead to find out what they wanted you to bring? Each office can be a bit different regardless of what the law says so if you're going to a new office, call first. Might save you some trips. I've had ups and downs with paperwork in CM and Ubon even when calling ahead but a bad attitude certainly fixes nothing. I will say though, it does make for some good entertainment. People watching at immigration is fun. My wife and I make a game of it and try to figure out why people are here and try to predict who's not prepared and will be sent home for more docs/pics. This game is also enjoyable in restaurants and malls. biggrin.png

My recent victory in this game was when I predicted a fight in Sizzler. The g/f stormed off leaving a full rack of ribs and baked potato on the table with b/f in pursuit. It was so tempting. The staff sure enjoyed the free food though. Sorry, off topic.

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1

My boss got all the papers together. I went happily and relaxed on the 1st day, no problems. They wrote down what i needer to bring the 2nd day so happily went along with all asked of me and the paper the lady wrote on.

You need more, so day 3 came about. I think and this is a presumption and in no way offensive as I dont name her but I do think she is like that all the time. Even her co-workers had said its ok give it to him and she said no.

Hope everyone has better experiences than me.

Much of it depends on the customer, of course, but even when the customer is nice, the officer may have a hangover, have had a quarrel with his/her wife/husband etc.

I was nice, happy and friendly, got my 12 month extension. Exchanged pleasant goodbyes with the officer, the head of the dept. who was walking past stopped, then called me into her section with a demand of 'give me your documents'.

Sure, here you go with a big smile.

30 minutes later after leaving me there for 20 minutes she scribbled out the 12 month Extension date and changed it to only 6 months. Come back in six months she said.

'Sure, have a good day.'

That probably even pissed her off more. biggrin.png As if I care about some idiot on a power trip and trying to drag down happy people. Will have to take a photo of the Extension Stamp scribbled out and post it actually. smile.png

That was Chaeng Wattana in BKK.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

Can anybody tell me why the immigration office is in Phibun and not in Ubon? Surely, most of their customers (us farlongs) live and work near Ubon. It would be so much more convenient for us.

I remember a couple of years ago, Thai Immigration opened an office in downtown Ubon in the gov't building. Shortly after, they closed.

It just doesn't make sense to me, but this is Thailand, so I go with the flow.

The lady who dealt with my visa extension for my job had us running around for 3 days.

OK done.

"Well I am now"

Smiled and left.

Day 3 - Had everything and the kind lady had a face like thunder as I had all my docs.

Paid my fee.

She says " you cannot do it by post you need to come to the office every 90 days, it will get lost and you will be on overstay if you dont come in person"

I say "that is inconvenient as I live 80km away. I will post it by EMS 2 weeks before and someone here (at immi) will need to sign for it, I will keep the receipt from the post office and print out the EMS tracker page if there is a problem".

I was nothing but pleasant on the 3 days I went and dont know why I got this treatment.

I said "In Bangkok, Mae Sot and in Phitsanulok I never needed these things so why here?" All said with a light heart and smile.

I received the answer "because this is Ubon". I said is it not Thailand and the lady replied " No, its Ubon".

Another side note.

A Danish man was sat with his wife when I arrived he was being seen to for his annual marriage extension. He said he enjoyed Phiboon and never had a problem in 10 years of going he was happy and content.

I told him waiting for 2 plus hours when there is no one in immi isnt good and its half the time of that in other areas, maybe excluding CM and tourist/ retirement traps. He was still there when I left.

It appears good and bad days and possibly your face. She obviously didnt like mine.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

You are wrong! I was wasting my time because of you!

It was not my wife and I got my retirement extension soon after you left!

They did not want to se my Bank letters because I had a letter from the Danish embassy

Everything went out fine after you left!

• Like 2

But it's utter twoddle about not being able to post your 90 day report?

Can anyone confirn if this is a 100% sure service or an extra thing offered?

I have an English friend who has been posting his 90 day reporting from Khemarat (130 kms away) for the past 5 or 6 years. He has had no problems at all with the reports being accepted and receipts returned.

• Like 1

OK done.

"Well I am now"

Smiled and left.

Paid my fee.

Another side note.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You are wrong! I was wasting my time because of you!

It was not my wife and I got my retirement extension soon after you left!

They did not want to se my Bank letters because I had a letter from the Danish embassy

Everything went out fine after you left!

Put your handbag away, no need to be rude.

I was very nice and reasonable the 2 previous days so when I explained to you what had been going on I wasn't horrible to her face and still kept my cool. I was a bit more colourful when explaining to you but still no raised voices.

I imagine because I had been the 2 previous days her supervisor made her deal with me 1st?

When i arrived she had her face on with your application so don't make it sound like I was a problem.

If I caused you any offense being put in front of you then I am sorry.

• Like 2

I have an English friend who has been posting his 90 day reporting from Khemarat (130 kms away) for the past 5 or 6 years. He has had no problems at all with the reports being accepted and receipts returned.

I have sent my 90 day report using the postal service for the last 8 - 9 years, and no problems. First years by ordinary mail, but now I send by registered. smile.png

• Like 1

I have an English friend who has been posting his 90 day reporting from Khemarat (130 kms away) for the past 5 or 6 years.  He has had no problems at all with the reports being accepted and receipts returned.

I have sent my 90 day report using the postal service for the last 8 - 9 years, and no problems. First years by ordinary mail, but now I send by registered. Posted Image

Thank you for this information.

I am not a troll nor look like one in real life. When I went to immigration I was calm and had a smile for the first 2 days. Day 3 it was wearing thin when she was smiling and giving me bad news and face like thunder when her boss told her to issue my stamp.

When I left immigration at the end of day 2 I was annoyed that this clearly educated person was being rude to another professional person and pointing her finger at me and raising her voice for no reason. Her boss told her to stop. My Thai co-worker of 35 years teaching was shocked at her behaviour. I smiled and stayed cool. I assure you I had said and done nothing wrong.

I must just be a soft touch.

Thank you

Did you fill up the fruit basket? tongue.png

As a matter of fact, we gave nothing. They did their job and we were happy with only a 50 minute visit.

Retiredaamt. Yes, it would be great if all the Thai Immigration offices had the same rules, you could easily go back there the next time and there is some new staff with different rules and attitudes. Some offices do this, some don't, some do that, some don't. These IOs are a law unto themselves, if some IO staff get out of bed on the wrong side, they may take it out on you, remember I said some, not all.

• Like 1

ummmmmmmmm glad i dont have to sit in immigration with you happy lifeless souls of ubon thats why ubon has no good farang bars it full up with you moaning lot coffee1.gif or fact no customers and yes live in ubon as well! but dont talk to any farangs as same story with most expats moaning about how theve been treated ,how there wifes familly treat them how there buffalos have gone missing why is all the food spicy how i lost a fortune crazy.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

WOW a comedian. I work here my family are not from this area so why have a non topic related moan?

In the nicest possible way if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't post here pal.

I'm sure you're much better off than us moaning folk.

I've been going to Phibum Mangsaharn Immigration for the past three years..........Had no problems, minimum hold-ups and always good treatment. Great ladies working there and always friendly. No fruit basket either......hahaha

WOW a comedian. I work here my family are not from this area so why have a non topic related moan?

In the nicest possible way if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't post here pal.

biggrin.png

He's obviously teaching English..............laugh.png

I've been going to Phibum Mangsaharn Immigration for the past three years..........Had no problems, minimum hold-ups and always good treatment. Great ladies working there and always friendly. No fruit basket either......hahaha

thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

He's obviously teaching English..............Posted Image

How was your time at Phibun Bergen?

That is the title of the topic is it not?

Just because your mate doesn't like me and posted his comment about me lets not keep moaning.

I'm sure this topic needs guidance and not member bitchyness.

Come on its Friday lets chill out and enjoy the weekend.

:)

biggrin.png

He's obviously teaching English..............laugh.png

Just because your mate doesn't like me and posted his comment about me lets not keep moaning.

biggrin.png

smile.png

Who's my mate? Btw: I'm in Ubon for an early weekend chill...................biggrin.png Might be seen in WW 2night! burp.gif

Posted Image

He's obviously teaching English..............Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who's my mate? Btw: I'm in Ubon for an early weekend chill...................Posted Image Might be seen in WW 2night! Posted Image

I was refering to ubonfalang, I don't really know if hes your mate I just seen you liked his rant directed towards me

I am an Ubon novice what or where is WW?

Cheers

WW is in Phiboon. Downstairs at the immigration office. I think you might have a really good time if you turn up without an attitude. :)

Never had an attitude my good man, don't understand why folks are jumping on me.