No JB upgrade for i-Style Q6's :-(

Para

Kinda screwed Mrs Para's Q6 that bad recovery could not remove what I had done. Was in BKK yesterday so dropped into MBK to get a replacement recovery ROM and upgrade to JB from ICS.

They upgraded the firmware to the current V9 from the existing V8 and installed a clean recovery BUT said JB will not be available for the i-Style Q6. Kicked up a stink as they had Q7's and Q8's on display saying they were running 4.1.1 but it seems anything Q6 and down will not have the official JB upgrade.

There are places to source a custom JB ROM just a shame i-Mobile don't consider the Q6 worthy of an official solution.

Looks like its XDA time!

I'm pissed off with them as well. When I got mine they implied but didn't confirm that JB was coming. Never mind not much different than Samsung or the others.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Hello mate wondered how long it would be till you commented!

Its BS but there are JB ROM's out there that people report to working fine but it means the possibility of losing your warranty.........

Just so other i-Style Q6 users know the phone is know by various different names helpful when searching for 'stuff' on the web.

alps i-mobile i-style Q6

MyPhone A898 Duo

i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

IMO S88

Hello mate wondered how long it would be till you commented!

Its BS but there are JB ROM's out there that people report to working fine but it means the possibility of losing your warranty.........

Just so other i-Style Q6 users know the phone is know by various different names helpful when searching for 'stuff' on the web.

alps i-mobile i-style Q6

MyPhone A898 Duo

i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

IMO S88

Cool. You've done some good research. At the moment I'm happy with the phone. I just have a problem with the launcher failing / not responding every now and again. But turn it off and on and its fine :)

Cool. You've done some good research. At the moment I'm happy with the phone. I just have a problem with the launcher failing / not responding every now and again. But turn it off and on and its fine smile.png

Combination of interest in Android and a bit of idle time right now.

I did something to her phone which really screwed things. Started getting "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" tried absolutely everything but could not fix it 100% even full resets would not cure it. As the phone had been rooted I was expecting them to refuse to upgrade the firmware to V9 which also replaces the recovery.img so I got ready to flash it myself!

Have you had a look at Nova Launcher (LINK) I installed it on my tablet works fine......

I'm now using "smart launcher" its a nice tidy layout. Very different from the norm.

Might have a look at it later......

Just remembered her phone was taking forever to get a GPS lock but since V9 it works a lot better.

Cheers I just pulled it up on PLAY looks nice.

I saw one screen grab of the standby screen with notification icons for missed calls, texts etc is that available on the free version?

Cheers I just pulled it up on PLAY looks nice.

I saw one screen grab of the standby screen with notification icons for missed calls, texts etc is that available on the free version?

To get the notification in the widget circles you have to pay. But I don't like them anyway :D