New extension of visa requirements?

I just got this in an email from my employer yesterday--

"The Immigration Bureau has informed the Human Resources Department about a new regulation for visa extension. According to the Immigration Bureau, visa extension applicants now need to attach the “NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED” and also the “NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE”, along with all other required documents.

Therefore, you must provide the following documents before your visa’s expiration date:

1. The “NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED” and also the “NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE”. This form should be filled in by the landlord or owner of the residence;

2. Photocopy of landlord’s / homeowner’s Identity Card with his or her signature; and

3. Photocopy of the landlord / homeowner’s House Registration with his or her signature.

From this date onward, all of the above mentioned documents need to be submitted every time you apply for an extension of your visa. Non-compliance will result in non-extension of your visa."

Is this a new regulation, or one that has been on the books but not been enforced until now?

I did retirement extension this week in Bangkok and no such information was requested or was I advised of any such requirement in the future. Sounds like a local requirement/third party application procedure perhaps. As said who/where was this asked?

I did retirement extension this week in Bangkok and no such information was requested or was I advised of any such requirement in the future. Sounds like a local requirement/third party application procedure perhaps. As said who/where was this asked?

Immigration Samut Sakhon did require all documents mentioned in Post 1 for visa extension (marriage) procedure this month, they told me it's new regulation claimed from Bangkok Wattana.

Edited by futurespeter

2 years ago was needed at my Immigration [Nonthaburi] again 3 months ago on my last visit, yes I had the forms signed and had taken them, most in front of me had not = was very fast as people in front of me had to return with these papers..

Talking to someone the other day they had NOT been asked for this paperwork, same Immigration last month.........

Always best to take these and extra forms just encase asked, if asked I just take them out of my folder

Which immigration office are we talking about, or are you dealing with the BOI/One Stop Service Centre?

It came from Immigration in Nakohn Prathom. The non-immigrant B "visa" is actually an extension of stay, if you read the printed info that is stamped in the passport.

I believe the retirement visa has similar wording---extension of stay? So it appears that "visa" and "extension of stay" are interchangeable terms.

A visa is for entry - an extension of stay is to remain longer than the normal visa allowed entry. They are entirely different things and that is why the TM.7 form you use for extensions is called extension of stay. Yes the terms are mis-used - even by those that should know better, but that does not make it right or help discussions here where we need to really know in order to provide the correct answers. Thanks for confirming the office that supposedly requires this

A visa is for entry - an extension of stay is to remain longer than the normal visa allowed entry. They are entirely different things and that is why the TM.7 form you use for extensions is called extension of stay. Yes the terms are mis-used - even by those that should know better, but that does not make it right or help discussions here where we need to really know in order to provide the correct answers. Thanks for confirming the office that supposedly requires this

Got it--thanks for clarifying those terms. I'll see if this new requirement is really true when it's my turn to renew in September. Funny how some Immigration offices require different things from other offices... :)

Maybe you should have stated that a visa is mostly supplied to you in a country different from the country where you need the visa for, in this case Thailand

An extension of stay is supplied to you IN the country where you want to stay, in this case Thailand

An on average an extension of stay comes after the visa is expiring, or has been expired.

The immigration officer and/or bureaus can always ask for more information.

And that will occur when they find out that others are massaging the rules.

I seem to remember that for the marriage extension the copies mentioned above may be asked.

Got it--thanks for clarifying those terms. I'll see if this new requirement is really true when it's my turn to renew in September. Funny how some Immigration offices require different things from other offices... smile.png

Bureaucracy is a many splendored thing….unless they occasionally show some imagination and make it more difficult to buy a banana…..someone might think the bureaucracy is useless and replace it with a new one staffed by a different group of the unimaginative. w00t.gif

Just did my retirement visa Ranong and no such information was asked for. I just give a copy of my yellow book.

I did try same, but my yellow book wasn't sufficient. By the way my house master wasn't happy signing the documents because he said if the "farang" does do anything wrong or has trouble with the police the house master is responsible for any cases "farang" caused and I have to inform him instantly. To be honest I love Thailand and feel really comfortable here, but the visa extensions togehter with the 90 day reporting procedure is annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did my extension of stay for retirement today at Nakhon Pathom Immigrations. I was asked for nothing other than the TM7 with photo, copy of my passport pages along with departure card, income verification letter from my embassy and of course 1,900 baht. In and out in 40 minutes along with a reentry permit.

Just did my retirement visa Ranong and no such information was asked for. I just give a copy of my yellow book.

I did try same, but my yellow book wasn't sufficient. By the way my house master wasn't happy signing the documents because he said if the "farang" does do anything wrong or has trouble with the police the house master is responsible for any cases "farang" caused and I have to inform him instantly. To be honest I love Thailand and feel really comfortable here, but the visa extensions togehter with the 90 day reporting procedure is annoying.

Strongly suspect that the reason he doesn't want to sign any document is because he isn't paying the 12.5% "house and land" tax levied by local government on the rent farang is paying him.

Next time he says that just mention to him that the police in Thailand are easy, it's the taxman you need to watch out for.

I just went to Bangkok Immigration today to do my retirement extension and Reentry permit. Only gave them the form, copies of passport pages, copy of apartment lease, copy of address notice from my drivers license and income letter from US Embassy. And of course 1900 Baht. All done and dusted about an hour or so later then back to make a copy of new extension page and back in line for the Reentry Permit.

Were you actually asked for any of that proof of residence material? I have not provided any such document since on marriage extensions a decade ago and have not been asked for anything. Passport/copies of visa/entry/extension/departure card and financial letter with TM.7 and fee is all that Bangkok has required. I do have folder of other paperwork but has never been asked.

Were you actually asked for any of that proof of residence material? I have not provided any such document since on marriage extensions a decade ago and have not been asked for anything. Passport/copies of visa/entry/extension/departure card and financial letter with TM.7 and fee is all that Bangkok has required. I do have folder of other paperwork but has never been asked.

Normally this kind of papers ( proof of residency ) is only required when you for example buy a car / motorbike etc and for your Thai DL renewal.

Maybe for something more those examples are applicable in 95% of the time.

For first extensions some form of residence proof is often asked (as that determines your ability to use that office) but once in system you provide this information on the TM.7 and if doing 90 day reports on the TM.47 forms so additional proof should not be a requirement unless a change has occurred (although understand that it is sometimes asked - but perhaps is as many or more cases it is just assumed and perhaps accepted as was presented).

Yesterday friend went for his yearly extension and was asked for the Forms.. 1x Form.. “NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED” and the 1x Form.. “NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE” everything signed by owner + i.d copy of owner + copy of Blue book....

So there is a small or large question ?

On the bottom of one of these Forms is a cut off....... 'Receipt of Notification' This was filled in by the Officer stamped and signed and then stapled into his Passport... It is NOT the same as the 90 day Form, or is it ?

​one visit a few months ago this was NOT filled in or stapled into my passport when I went......

Friend wants to know his normal 90 report slip also stapled into passport runs out in 3 weeks, Nothing on the NEW Notification form says anything about 90 days, so must he go back again in 3 weeks to do another address 90 day report ? he is in his 80/s and rather confused as to this new form..... likewise I am confused

Edit: AS a PS he has been doing yearly extensions for 9 years, this is the 1st time he had to supply these extra Forms........... so 100% nothing to do with 1st time doing extensions

I DO have a copy of both Forms, there is NO TM number on them, or there again maybe there is as it is in Thai writing where the other forms show a TM and number,

Edited by ignis

Reporting your address is not the same as notification of address. Keep the slip as proof he notified the change of address, but no need to keep it with your passport.

In 3 weeks time a new 90 day report must be done, most ofices allow this to be done by mail.

Reporting your address is not the same as notification of address. Keep the slip as proof he notified the change of address, but no need to keep it with your passport.

In 3 weeks time a new 90 day report must be done, most ofices allow this to be done by mail.

So is confusing........ he has NOT changed his address still the same for past 9 years +. he lives less than 1 km from Immigration Office so not problem in going to do the 90 day report.

I just went to the Nakhon Pathom Immigration; and even though my university twice insisted I needed to have the "Notification Form For House Master...Where Alien Has Stayed" I went without it and had no problem. I filled out my address properly on the form and they didn't ask anything about the form.

I went to Chaeng Watthana immigration today to do my yearly Extn on my non "o" visa at counter L, lady passed all my documents ok, then had to see the section leader (for final checking). She referred to this document - NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED” and also the “NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE”, along with all other required documents.

She told me i was ok for this years application smile.png "but must supply this documents/forms" for my next years extn - next time! so looks likes this is a change? also referred to you can apply 45 days prior to date? i went today with 30 days prior to my finishing date in my passport.

cheers