Phuket Airport security staffer arrested for stealing $900 from Aussie tourist

webfact

“She confessed to having stolen the money from the bag while it passed through the x-ray machine.

She gave all the money back to Mr Clappis,” Col Theerawat said.

Wow, first time I hear any thai give stolen money back to falang.

Do that mean she can continue work as a security officer at the airport again?

I am only guessing that when the police turned up at her home the found the money (luckily not spent) "red handed"

Then she has no choice to obey the police and give it back (In return to a promise of a reduced sentence no doubt)

Then I don't think she will be getting her old job back will she?

Origin of the statement "It is the farang's fault because if he had not come to Thailand the accident or incident would have never happened"

a. Invented by a Thai and Thais use it over and over again.

b. Invented by a farang on a bar stool and repeated over and over again by farangs on internet forums.

q :ɹǝʍsuɐ ʇɔǝɹɹoɔ

• Like 1

she is she radioactive now?

how could she fetch while it passed a dangerous machine ?

or do they have her in the machine (that is really not working) and sniffing the bags for valuables?

That was a favorite ruse in the Airport in Lagos Nigeria - I was waiting for someone - seemed like a long time before he came out, his Nikon was removed from the case - Inside the X=ray machine. The Xray machine didn't work, and the only reason he knew this was because his profession is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Electronic Security Technician, he was on a trip to come and fix our and the Airports Security X-Ray machines............he suspected the machines didn't work while watching the eyes of the 'Nigerian operator' noticed he wasn't looking at the screen - he waited until his bags came out checked them, and found the empty Camera case, call the Security chief. While he was explaining, the culpirt started crawling out of the machine with all kinds of booty and a big grin on his face until he saw the Security Chief and the Technician standing at the end of the belt. Gotta love the inginuity of thieves, how long were they ripping off people before getting caught.

• Like 1

“She confessed to having stolen the money from the bag while it passed through the x-ray machine.

I am only guessing that when the police turned up at her home the found the money (luckily not spent) "red handed"

Then she has no choice to obey the police and give it back (In return to a promise of a reduced sentence no doubt)

No, she won't get her job back, they will replace her with someone that won't get caught, she will be demoted to Passport & Boarding pass holder inspector.........wink.png

No, she won't get her job back, they will replace her with someone that won't get caught, she will be demoted to Passport & Boarding pass holder inspector.........Posted Image

I'm thinking they'll transfer her to body search, so she gets a feel for the job.

she is she radioactive now?

how could she fetch while it passed a dangerous machine ?

or do they have her in the machine (that is really not working) and sniffing the bags for valuables?

That was a favorite ruse in the Airport in Lagos Nigeria - I was waiting for someone - seemed like a long time before he came out, his Nikon was removed from the case - Inside the X=ray machine. The Xray machine didn't work, and the only reason he knew this was because his profession is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Electronic Security Technician, he was on a trip to come and fix our and the Airports Security X-Ray machines............he suspected the machines didn't work while watching the eyes of the 'Nigerian operator' noticed he wasn't looking at the screen - he waited until his bags came out checked them, and found the empty Camera case, call the Security chief. While he was explaining, the culpirt started crawling out of the machine with all kinds of booty and a big grin on his face until he saw the Security Chief and the Technician standing at the end of the belt. Gotta love the inginuity of thieves, how long were they ripping off people before getting caught.

I always put my wallet, phone, belt etc etc in my carry-on and then lock it, and send it through the X-Ray machine, to prevent this type of theft.

No, she won't get her job back, they will replace her with someone that won't get caught, she will be demoted to Passport & Boarding pass holder inspector.........wink.png

I'm thinking they'll transfer her to body search, so she gets a feel for the job.

That's funny cheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that after nearly a day there are only three comments speaks volumes. A security staff stealing money as it passes through an X-ray machine? Yeah, that's normal in Phuket. No surprise there. Have a nice holiday.

Just read an article in a non-English paper that they arrested 3 people at Schiphol, Amsterdam, for stealing money and valuables at the X-ray machines. Had been going on for months and months.

Origin of the statement "It is the farang's fault because if he had not come to Thailand the accident or incident would have never happened"

b. Invented by a farang on a bar stool and repeated over and over again by farangs on internet forums.

a. Have had that expression used on me by a Thai policeman. A drunk Thai had run a red light causing me to have a serious injury crash. The policeman wanted money from me even though the Thai guy had caused the crash, so this was the " logic" he used in his demands for money.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

a. Have had that expression used on me by a Thai policeman. A drunk Thai had run a red light causing me to have a serious injury crash. The policeman wanted money from me even though the Thai guy had caused the crash, so this was the " logic" he used in his demands for money.

Get a dash cam and tell him to FO

Get a dash cam and tell him to FO

Not only a dash cash, get a port cam, starboard cam and stern cam. Just to cover yourself. :)

Also, in the event you are involved in an accident, make sure you upload it to You Tube ASAP. :) :)

• Like 1