Rawai Nite Life

RawaiPlaBoyz

Freedom bar used to be full every afternoon. Now it's bare.

What happened?

Im pretty sure the previous owner moved on, the crowd went with him and the girls. I guess he was the bar and it wasnt about location.

I noticed Nancy bar has shut. I guess the German sponsor stopped sponsoring Nancy. The 3 monkeys has closed down (I think). I heard the owner got the boot by the wife..well as they say, one day a rooster the next a feather duster. I always liked Roxanne bar, the owner is a Danish bloke, always good to talk to, a few babes in that bar too

As stated Charlie went back to the UK.

The 3 Monkeys is owned by Poo and is still open.Her husband Detliff will be surprised to find out he got the boot.

Roxannes is owned by Nida and not her boring arrogant husband(the Danish bloke).

The only 2 places I can see that doing any trade are The White Hart( owned by Kran) and the stoned crab.

Was in the Lemon bar( Sai Yuan the other night also owned by Nida (Roxannes) and had a few of her old girls working there.Had a good night.

I see you know Rawai well Van

Charlie went back to the UK because he was busted alongside of Omar (the used to be Indian restaurant across from Nikita-more or less) selling and trafficking cocaine.

Dettliff is still around the 3 monkeys.

Roxanne and everything up on that hill is going out of business and has been for the last 5 years.

The Lemon bar was owned by a Dutch man who sold it just in time.

See you don't know Rawai at all :-)

Isn't that what I said.

Who did the Dutch guy sell the Lemon bar to.

Only a couple years ago Roxannes was busy every night so was the Monkey house.Not doing so good now and they are up for sale

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ KB thats Lemon bar and yes its Da. The one in the middle seems to do ok. Its a Finnish guy with his gf who run it.

It started out as just 3 bars but the Thai owner (same owner as the restaurant round the corner -Banana- smelled the money coming in) and now its about 7 bars, 4 outside and 3 inside.

@S-R Dutchman sold to Da and I put a smiley behind my remark about knowing Rawai didn't I ?

Like I said before Paradise bar and indeed the one above and before are doing ok.

What happened?

Im pretty sure the previous owner moved on, the crowd went with him and the girls. I guess he was the bar and it wasnt about location.

I noticed Nancy bar has shut. I guess the German sponsor stopped sponsoring Nancy. The 3 monkeys has closed down (I think). I heard the owner got the boot by the wife..well as they say, one day a rooster the next a feather duster. I always liked Roxanne bar, the owner is a Danish bloke, always good to talk to, a few babes in that bar too

The 3 Monkeys is owned by Poo and is still open.Her husband Detliff will be surprised to find out he got the boot.

Roxannes is owned by Nida and not her boring arrogant husband(the Danish bloke).

The only 2 places I can see that doing any trade are The White Hart( owned by Kran) and the stoned crab.

Was in the Lemon bar( Sai Yuan the other night also owned by Nida (Roxannes) and had a few of her old girls working there.Had a good night.

English bloke? what was the previous owners name? I heard he got booted and that was about 8 months ago

What happened?

Charlie went back to the UK because he was busted alongside of Omar (the used to be Indian restaurant across from Nikita-more or less) selling and trafficking cocaine.

Dettliff is still around the 3 monkeys.

Roxanne and everything up on that hill is going out of business and has been for the last 5 years.

The Lemon bar was owned by a Dutch man who sold it just in time.

See you don't know Rawai at all :-)

Every man and his dog knows about Charlie, I just thought it would be impolite to broadcast it on Thaivisa

• Like 1

The Freebird Bar is a great expat local, not a girlie bar as such but some of the massage girls (and boys) next door seem to be obliging (allegedly), if that's what floats your boat.

2 free pool tables. Regular live music nights, usually on Fridays when there is also good food laid on.

2 big screen TVs, at the moment showing ALL the Lions and Aussie rugby fixtures.

Situated at the end of Sai Yuan at the 3-way junction, just round the corner on the Rd. to Kata.

Check it out. thumbsup.gif

The Freebird Bar is a great expat local, not a girlie bar as such but some of the massage girls (and boys) next door seem to be obliging (allegedly), if that's what floats your boat.

2 free pool tables. Regular live music nights, usually on Fridays when there is also good food laid on.

2 big screen TVs, at the moment showing ALL the Lions and Aussie rugby fixtures.

Situated at the end of Sai Yuan at the 3-way junction, just round the corner on the Rd. to Kata.

There is a ladyboy behind the counter there that looks dangerous

Why don't you drop in, you could practice some of your macho ladyboy streetfighting moves! ph34r.png

• Like 1

Why don't you drop in, you could practice some of your macho ladyboy streetfighting moves! ph34r.png

I dont look for trouble, but sometimes it finds me, and I am always prepared

• Like 1

I dont look for trouble, but sometimes it finds me, and I am always prepared

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

This forum really is just pimp gossip isnt it? Its not really about the ladies... so where are the best looking women at? Im not that interested in the most friendly pimps of Rawaii

I'd like to tell you, but, that would make me into a pimp.

• Like 1

@Chainsaw; You know just as well as I do that the Freebird has the same group of people year in year out. They mostly talk only within their little group. Its is hardly welcoming for a new face.

That was pretty much my conclusion on the few occasions I went there.

for me jasmine better than asia...as for the donut mai looo always empty...

Jasmine has live music often (not the best but still entertaining) Donut is more closed than open (lack of staff) Asia never been there, Corner bar has some new live in it since the madam that used to rule Honey bar is there with some new girls.

Jasmine has live music often (not the best but still entertaining) Donut is more closed than open (lack of staff) Asia never been there, Corner bar has some new live in it since the madam that used to rule Honey bar is there with some new girls.

Asia bar was awesome about 6 months ago

Thanks for the tip...Honey Bar was always good fun even on side of the road and only 10 barstools...I did not mention the Corner bar on purpose as the owner there is a <deleted>..even though some nice girls worked for him ...will have to check it out again now if Honey bar madam is running it ...she is drunk all the time and is a hoot with some fine looking staff that are loyal to her as well...asia bar is ok but owner is grumphy german that only says hello to fellow germans but his mrs that runs the bar and resturaunt is Very nice....

@Chainsaw; You know just as well as I do that the Freebird has the same group of people year in year out. They mostly talk only within their little group. Its is hardly welcoming for a new face.

Sounds like a friendly place. smile.pngsmile.png

Yes it is. I think bubblegum is trying to troll, doubt he's ever been to the Freebird. biggrin.png

What happened?

First run by Charlie, who knew his business, then taken over by his son Junior after Charlie went back to the UK.

He sold the bar for big money to a Norwegian, I think and then opened up Juniors Bar just round the corner on the main Rawai road.

He then changed the name to Shaggies in honour of a friend that died.

Meanwhile, The Corner Bar in Rawai had their rent hiked. They moved out and took over the Shaggies location and it is now called The White Hart.

Business at the original Freedom Bar has collapsed. The new owner just didn't know how to run a business, or, attract girls to work at the bar.

I'm surprised Charlie went back to the UK. I thought the reason the bar was called "Freedom" was because that's the one thing they wouldn't have back home.

Balloon chasers don't drink Gordon's G&T.

Balloon chasers sip coca-cola as they heap their plates and guzzle free-food.

You do know what a balloon-chaser is, right?

gordons, my, oh my. I had you pegged wrong. You are far more sophisticated than I could have imagined.

Do tell us where are the hi-so happy hours? Im looking to meet a better class of 2 for 1 connoisseurs.