Bring Carl's Jr. to Chiang Mai, show your support.

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go to Dukes for your hamburger fix and forget about Carl's Jr, lol.

There was another thread on food hygiene in Chiang Mai. Go to Dukes and be as worry free about it as the country you come from. Yes Dukes has great burgers. So doe's Burger King.

The thing I liked about Carl's Jr in the states was they had one that was defiantly low carb and delicious. It used lettuce instead of bread to make the sandwich. That was 8 years ago.

There are several places around town who have a cheaper hamburger that are very good just not all the fancy fixings. Try the one at Geckos or Burger Queen on the Suthep road inside the moat just before the road turns to go around the big Wat at the end of the Sunday walking street.

• Like 1

Is it any better than McDonald's and Burger King? If not, why bother?

I'm afraid that the beef available here is not good enough to make one stand out over another. Burger King uses much better beef in the USA than in Thailand - in SEA, they use the same mediocre stuff as Mickey Ds. I'm afraid that Carl's Junior will do the same.

Edited by Ulysses G.

re

Because we are in need of a decent burger in Chiang Mai. Now.

you have it !

loco fat elvis offer a huge burger that looks like that

but i couldnt eat something that big so i usually

have the 175 baht 50 50 bacon beef burger and fries

which is always cooked perfectly : )

dave2

post-42592-0-65234000-1371960902_thumb.j

post-42592-0-00695200-1371961017_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14432200-1371961058_thumb.j

• Like 1

re

Because we are in need of a decent burger in Chiang Mai. Now.

you have it !

loco fat elvis offer a huge burger that looks like that

but i couldnt eat something that big so i usually

have the 175 baht 50 50 bacon beef burger and fries

which is always cooked perfectly : )

dave2

I've never heard of this place would you mind giving an address and one of your famous street views.

I've never heard of this place would you mind giving an address and one of your famous street views.

Fat Elvis is right next door to the Loco Elvis Mexican restaurant and is directly across the moat from the original Mike's Burgers. It used to be called the Duke's Express.

DSCN3661.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.

@ market trader

re .. I've never heard of this place

ill repeat what that old reprobate U G said

( who i know )with pictures

looking towards the amora hotel from thaphae gate

walk down the inner moat for two minits and loco fat elvis is on the corner of ratwithi road

on the left : )

enjoy .... dave2

post-42592-0-07101200-1371989604_thumb.j

post-42592-0-09277800-1371989641_thumb.j

It seems strange to me that some of you want to keep the charm of the city center, but want your hamburger shops all over the place.

IMO fast food outlets along with the foreign owned pizza,Mexican and hamburger shops take away from what this city is all about.

Yes I understand progress, but a Mall on every corner and giant hamburger signs all over is going to ruin the old charm of the city.

There should be a zoning law about how many fast food joints and 7 elevens per block! (Although I know this will never happen until it's too late.)

I vote for no more hamburger joints.

Well I am a fan of Burger King.

But I have to agree with you. The old city dosen't need them. I was really disappointed when they put the Burger King in there.

As for 7/11 well a little late on that. It is almost to the point where you can measure the distance betweeen point A and point B in 7/11s.

coffee houses also.

• Like 1

Carl JR is nothing special.. usual junk thai beef and overpriced same as Burger King, no thanks I'll stick to the delicious McDonalds Big Mac and I can only pray for them to add the Quarter Pounder to their menu as Double Cheesburger isn't a real match :(

Edited by yoslim
  • Like 1

Bring Carl's Jr. to Chiang Mai, show your support.

I read in the Pattaya forum some time ago that he has departed from his previous location in Central Festival in Pattaya. Maybe he's on his way to Chiangmai

It seems strange to me that some of you want to keep the charm of the city center, but want your hamburger shops all over the place.

IMO fast food outlets along with the foreign owned pizza,Mexican and hamburger shops take away from what this city is all about.

Yes I understand progress, but a Mall on every corner and giant hamburger signs all over is going to ruin the old charm of the city.

There should be a zoning law about how many fast food joints and 7 elevens per block! (Although I know this will never happen until it's too late.)

I vote for no more hamburger joints

Yes, does make you wonder. No doubt the same voices calling for this will be protesting at the Chinese food joints that will probably be proliferating before long...

Actually just took a look at the pic the OP put up, it's not bad, it's far worse than that, looks like flowing effluent. If Op had less posts under the belt I would have suspected a troll.

Edited by roamer

I submit that a big part of the charm of Thailand is the freedom people have to start some business quickly and offer anything they think there is demand for. That results in travel agents, massage shops, shops selling silly hilltribe hats, coffee shops and uncountable things more. Including burger shops. It's true that I usually have more sympathy for local efforts more than international chains (my personal preference that doesn't mak logical sense; why would I object to a single Carl's Jr but be okay with D-Milk franchises all over the place.. no reason.) As long as the signage and billboarding is kept somewhat sane, or when it's located in a shopping mall / community mall then why not. It adds to the diversity of the town. And yes, you bet there will be loads more Chinese aimed restaurants. I ALSO look forward to that!

If it makes you happy though then I could wish for an existing -more useless- franchise being replaced. Say, lose a KFC, Chester's Grill or MK Suki or whatever. MK Suki! That horrible un-Thai and faux North-East Asian abomination! wink.png

Or, more realistically, lose the 'Delicious' restaurant at DK Books. It's useless, also not Thai food at all, in a good central location but with an abundance of parking, and usually empty. It wouldn't distract from the old city charm more than Mad Dog does directly across the road, or the Japanese place right next door.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Carl JR is nothing special.. usual junk thai beef and overpriced same as Burger King, no thanks I'll stick to the delicious McDonalds Big Mac and I can only pray for them to add the Quarter Pounder to their menu as Double Cheesburger isn't a real match sad.png

I agree with you on the quarter pounder. It almost reaches Burger King Standards.