Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

Firehouse is nice if it wasn't dripping with oil for 500b, Bangkok Burger in Ekkamai is Nice, Fattys dive bar on rama 9 is very good for the price.

Hyde and Seek / El gaucho is good but if you guys can't afford to eat out for just 500b you're better off sticking to mcds / 7 eleven.

At 500 Baht it should be perfect....and the only part of their meal which is is the chips!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok Burger used to be good. Now the burgers have shrunk, gone up in price, are badly made and the Thonglor shop is always out of curly fries. I'll never go back so am looking for a new burger joiunt. Carl's Jr sounds great.

Hyde and Seek / El gaucho is good but if you guys can't afford to eat out for just 500b you're better off sticking to mcds / 7 eleven.

It is not a matter of not being able to afford it. I just don't want to waste $16 on a hamburger.

Totally agree....dumb post imho.

It is not a matter of not being able to afford it. I just don't want to waste $16 on a hamburger.

• Like 1

it is not a matter of not being able to afford it. I just don't want to waste $16 on a hamburger.

Well it's not a "ham burger" with american accent, it's high quality imported beef, nice sides and few drinks with friends.

Only dumb post here is your poor ass, if you people spent less time talking about ugly hookers on TV and more time working towards a proper career you can afford a 500 baht meal.

If you can't afford a 500baht burger, fries and extra sides with a friend after work and a couple of drinks then go to fattys and get a pork burger for 200 baht. Or just go to 7 eleven / mcdonalds if you want muck, even the meat balls at bangkok burger are better quality meat than any fast food chain or burger joint here.

And theres plenty of places that a 500 baht burger is pretty much perfect, el gaucho, hyde and seek (wagyu) , bangkok burger and firehouse (if less oil) . 500 baht each in the western world or here is not unreasonable to eat out for a meal in a restaurant.

it is not a matter of not being able to afford it. I just don't want to waste $16 on a hamburger.

Well it's not a "ham burger" with american accent, it's high quality imported beef, nice sides and few drinks with friends.

No one was talking about about paying 500 baht to go out drinking and having a burger while you are at it.

500 baht for a hamburger is just a waste of cash (IMO) and it is unreasonable in the Western world unless you want to throw money away. I can get a great burger for less than half that price in any major city in North America.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Only dumb post here is your poor ass, if you people spent less time talking about ugly hookers on TV and more time working towards a proper career you can afford a 500 baht meal.

If you can't afford a 500baht burger, fries and extra sides with a friend after work and a couple of drinks then go to fattys and get a pork burger for 200 baht. Or just go to 7 eleven / mcdonalds if you want muck, even the meat balls at bangkok burger are better quality meat than any fast food chain or burger joint here.

And theres plenty of places that a 500 baht burger is pretty much perfect, el gaucho, hyde and seek (wagyu) , bangkok burger and firehouse (if less oil) . 500 baht each in the western world or here is not unreasonable to eat out for a meal in a restaurant.

Fatty doesn't serve pork burgers.

AND his beef burgers are a helluva lot better than most of what is available for double or more the price.

Fatty doesn't serve pork burgers.

AND his beef burgers are a helluva lot better than most of what is available for double or more the price.

Yes he does, I had one last week.

Secondly, no they aren't, it's thai beef and thai beef is absolutely trash, other burgers are double the price because it's imported beef and isn't cheap.

Seems to be a french-fry shortage in Bangkok at the moment. Mos Burger, Carls Jr and Piri Piri chicken have all been out on recent visits.

That's strange!!!!

I had the same thing happen last week at Carl's Jr... NO FRIES.... I said... what the F?????

Never heard of a burger place/places running out of french fries...

Well, I guess it's a new hub for Thailand... the hub of french fry outages! tongue.png

El Guacho also has a wagyu burger that is just amazing how tender it was. That and the 500g angus ribeye are my go to with a caipirinha to drink.

Comapired to the likes of Firehouse and Bangkok Burger and the rest of the new over priced burger joints El Guacho destroys them all as far as quality. Sick of spending 500$ for a shitty oily burger served by ex/bargirls, still to El Guacho.

• Like 1

I've never found the taste of so-called wagyu burgers in Bangkok to be particularly good... and usually not good at all. Yes, the meat and the texture is soft... but they don't seem to have as good a taste as sirloin or Angus made burgers.

Quality wagyu beef from a quality Japanese restaurant, grilled over charcoal, is superb. But I have no idea where the burger places that claim to be serving wagyu burgers are getting their beef. Somehow, I think it's not quite the same, if it's making its way into hamburgers in Thailand.

By the way, the name of the restaurant is El GAUCHO.. not Guacho.

http://elgaucho.asia/thailand/?page_id=2

BTW, interesting to see, their website now says they're opening at 7 AM in the morning for breakfast -- though the breakfast menu only shows traditional breakfast items... not clear if they'll serve burgers at that hour of the morning.

http://elgaucho.asia/thailand/wp-content/uploads/El_Gaucho_Thailand_Breakfast_Menu_03092013.pdf

• Like 1

Bangkok Burger used to be good. Now the burgers have shrunk, gone up in price, are badly made and the Thonglor shop is always out of curly fries. I'll never go back so am looking for a new burger joiunt.

I've never understood or particularly liked that place...

Vividly remember the first time I went there, looked at the menu, and saw a choice of a different kind of hamburger bun that sounded interesting.. Asked the waitress for it, and of course the answer was... no have. Only have the regular standard hamburger bun.

Ok... Saw they have the habit of cooking their hamburger patties tall, almost like meatballs, which I don't prefer. Asked if they could cook me a flattened beef patty... Of course, the answer...no, cannot.

Asked for mustard with my french fries. They brought me a virtually empty French's plastic squeeze bottle. Asked for a bottle that actually had some mustard in it.. Answer... no have.

Ask me if I've ever gone back to that place... NO, HAVE NOT.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

To the guy banging on about not being able to afford to spend 500B on a 'perfect' Firehouse burger....the Firehouse burger I had was not good. Both me and the person I was eating with agreed.

I managed half but that was a struggle. She managed ONE bite and spat it back out.

The burger it's self (NY Deli Burger) had potential but it had so much mustard (or possibly Wasabi as it was so strong) that it wasn't enjoyable. I like mustard usually but I could not eat this as it was so over powering my eyes and nose were stinging and watering from it.

The potato wedges were great. The beer battered pickles were great. The ribs seemed decent enough (though my date didn't rate them much) but the burger wasn't good.

I don't even think it was as much as 500B for just the burger but whatever I paid for it was too much as I couldn't enjoy it with the over powering mustard taste.

Well I checked out 25 degrees at the bottom of Pulman G hotel in Silom last night.

Saturday night and virtually dead inside. We were one of three tables of customers at 9pm on a Saturday.

They ONLY sell hamburgers, sandwiches and a couple of salads so don't take someone there who doesn't like hamburgers.

I opted for a beef hamburger at 180 baht (they are 200g) cooked medium, with American cheese (40 baht extra) It comes with onion, salad, pickles on the side but if you want fries you have to order separately. You can mix 2 sides for the same price as 1 (80 baht), so I got half fries, half onion rings.

Pint of Chang beer is 120 baht.

They gave a lot of fries and onion rings, seemed like 2 orders for the price of 1 so I recommend that.

The fries were skinny and average. OK but nothing special.

The burger wasn't bad. Has a big bun - good bread but quite thick (an inch each side) and at some points was just a little too mushy. You really have to compress it down to be able to eat it.

The beef was pretty pink and tasted quite raw. Some might like that, I prefer a more cooked flavour.

It was a pretty good burger, all round, not bad. Cheap place and open 24 hours.

I still think the Burger Factory on Soi 10 Ekkamai is the best by far. I've now tried Fatty's, Burger Factory (been 4 times) and 25 Degrees.

In order of best:

1. Burger Factory

2. 25 Degrees

3. Fatty's.

I shall add to the list as and when.