Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

Soi 11 The Pub, good American 1/2lb hand made Cheeseburger..............@ Impulse and I have had Fudruckers, nothing more than a piece of meat and a lb of salad on top (you put it there yourself) put nothing and you have a hunk of meat and bread.clap2.gifclap2.gif

the pub on soi 11? i know of no such place

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok Burger Company does some decent burgers with fries for 400-500 baht range!

Aussie Burger

attachicon.gifAussie Burger 1.jpg

attachicon.gifAussie Burger 2.jpg

Lucha Libre Burger

attachicon.gifLucha Libre BBC.jpg

attachicon.gifLucha Libre BBC 2.jpg

NYC Burger

attachicon.gifNYC Burger.jpg

Although I still think Carl's Junior

Superstar combo with extra Bacon at 300 baht is the best one! thumbsup.giftongue.png

attachicon.gifSuperstar Carl's Junior.jpg

plahgat

one word about bangkok burger - filler

Edited by joeaverage

Soi 11 The Pub, good American 1/2lb hand made Cheeseburger..............@ Impulse and I have had Fudruckers, nothing more than a piece of meat and a lb of salad on top (you put it there yourself) put nothing and you have a hunk of meat and bread.

Ah, but that's the beauty. A blank slate. A burger my way. 1/3 or 1/2 lb patty, cooked to my order and then built (by me) to my exact specifications.

I love relish and Fudds is about the only place (outside my backyard) where I can get relish on my burger. That alone scores them points. And no puny little cheese slice. Pile that cheddar and those jalapenos as high as I like.

If I don't get it exactly right, I have only myself to blame.

I agree, I have tried firehouse burgers many times. While they are passable there not fantastic. There's just something not right, I think they could improve on there bun's and a few other things.

I have also tried the burgers from 'angles city' I find them much better burgers than firehouse. But don't come close to the Argentinan steakhouse burger.

Fattys I haven't tried but look forward to trying that soon, as for Carl's JR, Burger King macca's etc. they should even be discussed in this thread. They all taste like cardboard, sit in your stomach crap. But each to there own I guess.

The Argentinan steakhouse bill came to 925thb that was for the burger, 1 side of mac and cheese, 1 San migel light & a can of coke. Mind u they did offer a free loaf of beautiful cooked bread, served with roasted garlic & herb butter.

The Gaucho restaurant in the OP here is part of the City Lodge Soi 19 hotel, and the space used to belong to a pretty well regarded Italian restaurant, La Gritta, before it closed some months back.

Every time I've been by there lately, they don't seem to be doing much business....but perhaps I've been by at the wrong times of the day.

At any rate, while I might be persuaded to pay up for a good burger, in this case, I think I'll be holding out for the place's "B4,390 wagyu filet mignon," for which side dishes are an extra charge...

Meanwhile, the wife and I had a tasty lunch Sunday at Carl's Jr.'s Nana branch.... I went for a modest jalapeno burger combo (plus fries and bottomless soft drink) for 245b, while the wife, to my amazement, went for the Carl's Jr. Super Star (double burger with cheese) choice, which alone runs 215b.

On the way in, Carl's had a couple girls standing outside handing out discount coupon flyers that had some pretty good deals with the offers valid thru September. On our early afternoon visit, the place was about as busy as I've seen it, including all the seats inside near the ordering area being occupied.

Can't compare their burgers with the Gaucho offering as yet. But for Carl's, I will say, I like the thinner/wide formed burgers, the simple fresh raw onions, large tomato slices and fresh iceberg lettuce slices -- which help give their offerings the taste that a burger should have.

I really hate a lot of the BKK "gourmet" burger places that end up serving a beef patty shaped more like a tall meatball on a small circumference bun. Nearly impossible to get in your mouth with bites of the full burger, even a big mouth like mine! tongue.png

BTW, to the poster who asked above, the location of Gaucho is just a block down from the Asoke BTS station, near the corner of Suk Soi 19. As I said above, it's on the ground floor of the City Lodge Hotel there and is very visible from the soi with a large outdoor patio/dining area.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

My list ... Just to try - people's tastes vary...

25 Degrees at the Pullman G in Silom

Escapade near Khaosarn

Casper's near JJ Market

Bangkok Bread Co. in JW Mariott

Bangkok Burger Company

Gossip in Thonglor

Chokchai Steak House

Bully's near Soi Nana (lower than McD's on my list)

That's just the top of my head. Last two are definitely a waste of time but ... Nonetheless. To each their own.

490 ++ yes maybe it's expensive for a burger but I'm a true believer of you get what you pay for. There's also a wagu burger for 870thb that I hope to try next.

More than US$16 for a burger is quite expensive, most comparable places in the US it's US$8-10. But, if they have to import the beef, may be and they plan on falangs with deep pockets to buy them. Of course, I have to agree with Lonewolf, I'd have to try the B870, if I liked the B490. I had a Kobe burger in Hokaido, cost US$45, and that was seven or eight years ago. I do hope you don't think a burger has meal in it; 90% fat free US prime beef is best burger material for my taste. I'd hate to grind up a Kobe, except maybe for a tartar.

Last night i stopped at a wee place on Phahon Yothin rd between Sanam Pao & Ari, i had a nice burger was 100bht on the menu but 110baht on the tab it was a nice made little burger and i think the prices went up to around 195bht, wasn't the biggest or the best but will return

The Wagyu burger at 25 Degrees (Pullman G in Silom) is simply unrivalled in BKK. Many places try to make good and Juicy burgers but at the end of the day, Pullman G eats them all.

Carl's Junior? Seriously? how can a burger lover eat that crap? Frozen meat. Yikes :(

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

yeah, I have to agree. I used to think the B215 Garage burgers were the best, but Fatty's is good and they have so much more.

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

Carl's great, excellent shakes too (see obesity thread).

But have you actually eaten at the places that charge 5-10x the price? Not saying they're good value, but not competing in the same league either.

I have paid significantly more for a burger- usually at business meals where the $25 burger is still the cheapest thing on the menu, but obviously not at all the choices. They have never been better than a Carl's Jr double meat.

When I hear about a great burger for 490 baht, (that usually ends up being a bill for 600 or more), I'm not even really tempted. If I'm spending that much, I'm not going for fast food. And make no mistake, if it comes on a bun, it's fast food.

BTW, even Carl's Jr is pushing the price envelope at about 100 baht more than an equivalent burger at Burger King (equivalent, but not equal IMHO) and double the price of McDonalds (which has no equivalent burger at all- not even close).

Carl's in Nana Square is the best. Roughly 169 baht for the Famous Star with cheese. Carl's is hit and miss though. If the burgers are fresh, they're excellent--no different from the USA. But my last visit the burgers were premaid. The bun was stale, and the meat was cold.

Subway is consistently good. A footlong will set you back 219 baht. And it's no different from the US.

McDonald's is consistent, too, though they sometimes pass off old fries.

This Argentine post is a veiled advert.

Carl's Jr., McDonald's and Subway come to your mind when best burgers are mentioned. My goodness.

The Game makes a great burger. 180 grams 100% beef char broiled. Its so yummy.

I tried bangkok burger once and it was the nastiest thing i ever ate. Pure filler that made a mushburger. Way over priced way over hyped.

• Like 2

Here are photos I ordered from Bangkok burger company. There was big cheese & aust paramagina burger, I also order nachos and salad. Very disappointing as I'm sure u can see. The lot came to over 800thb, I contacted the management and they didn't seem to care

post-157316-13720929410862_thumb.jpg

post-157316-13720929961683_thumb.jpg

post-157316-13720930244893_thumb.jpg

post-157316-13720930575106_thumb.jpg

RoadHouse has a pretty dam_n good burger

Iron Fairies was my favorite for quite a while but it is now closed sadly enough.

FireHouse on Soi 11 i think currently holds the title for best burger I've had in BKK.

The Game at Nana station isn't too bad, though inconsistant. I've gone in an had a great burger and another time had a very dry one.

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

For those of us who don't know, where's Fatty's? wai2.gif

The Game.

(It's a relatively new "Sports Bar" on Sukhumvit with big screens and pool tables.)

Nana BTS station on the odd numbered side of Sukhumvit, near 7/1?

Just last week had a great burger there and at a reasonable price as I recall.

After posting this I just thought of another great burger in Bangkok and I'm sure there are many members who will have tried it and agree, unfortunately I don't know the name of the place!

Right at the mouth of Nana Plaza, late at night or the wee hours of the morning, there is this little Thai dude flippin' burgers from his little cart on the sidewalk.....I'm sure the copious amount of alcoholic beverages consumed prior to the burger may skew my review of the burger, but as I recall, it was a pretty dam_n good burger! cheesy.gif

Yes, it is a pretty good burger! Still think the burgers at the Landmark are the best I have had in Thailand!

I found out the burger at Sizzler have the same quality everytime bacon cheese, large size, super nice tasty meat, EVERYTIME, Big bun, and the bacon is tender ! 449 or 375 without bacon and it come with good fries !!

In the burger they have deep fried shretted onion, pretty nice twist !

besides, you have 69 baht refill coke ! all you can drink

include the 449 or 375, you get the huge ass Salatbar with chicken salats, seafood salats, soups pasta, and you name it ! and free fried/butter toast.

I Digg that anytime ! and currently once a week, i given up trying anywhere else!

chew on that ! This is the beast om talking about

Burger.jpg

I need to say, i have had my fair share of burgers, well Paid burgers, not only the 7/11 one at 23 baht :-)

Edited by Nakonamath

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

If you are poor, stick with McDonalds!

If the meat is excelant quality, and nice surroundings that's a fair price.

I haven't eaten that burger, but the point is if you can get a similar thing for 80 baht, why on earth would you go and pay 500 for it ?

I can bet you that this burger is not 6 times better then the burger from fatty's or eat am are. The reason why shit is overpriced is that they need to pay rent .. a lot more then some place on din daeng road. And a lot of other stuff besides rent as well. Not because the meat is better.

It's common sense. But people seem to have problem with 'common' sense.

Maybe some people don't find 480 to try a burger once that much. Who knows it might be the best thing ever to them. I am sure one night off beer and just going for a burger would be a good change. But hey if your hung up on 480 baht being a huge price I think you can get Pad Thai for 30 baht around the corner from a street vendor then scoff at the people who are crazy enough to enjoy a 480 baht burger.

• Like 1

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

If you are poor, stick with McDonalds!

If the meat is excelant quality, and nice surroundings that's a fair price.

I haven't eaten that burger, but the point is if you can get a similar thing for 80 baht, why on earth would you go and pay 500 for it ?

I can bet you that this burger is not 6 times better then the burger from fatty's or eat am are. The reason why shit is overpriced is that they need to pay rent .. a lot more then some place on din daeng road. And a lot of other stuff besides rent as well. Not because the meat is better.

It's common sense. But people seem to have problem with 'common' sense.

Maybe some people don't find 480 to try a burger once that much. Who knows it might be the best thing ever to them. I am sure one night off beer and just going for a burger would be a good change. But hey if your hung up on 480 baht being a huge price I think you can get Pad Thai for 30 baht around the corner from a street vendor then scoff at the people who are crazy enough to enjoy a 480 baht burger.

To some people, quantity is quality.

I'd rather enjoy a 500bt burger than 5 crappy 100bt burgers.

• Like 1