Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

I have found the best beef burger in BKK after looking for almost a year. It's located next to terminal 21.

The restaurant is called El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse, there steaks I have been told are amazing also.

I think my bacon & cheese burger was 490, it comes with chips & salad, the meat used is very high standard. Please if you know of good burgers in bkk, please post.

Edited by Lonewolf77
  • Like 2

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New place getting great reviews on tripadvisor. I'll have to try it. Not cheap, for sure, but sounds like a nice addition to BKK dining. Part of a chain including a couple in Vietnam, though does seem to be a bit of a "faux" Argentinian restaurant.. That's ok if tasty.

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/bangkok-restaurant-reviews/el-gaucho-argentinian-steakhouse

New place getting great reviews on tripadvisor. I'll have to try it. Not cheap, for sure, but sounds like a nice addition to BKK dining. Part of a chain including a couple in Vietnam, though does seem to be a bit of a "faux" Argentinian restaurant.. That's ok if tasty.

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/bangkok-restaurant-reviews/el-gaucho-argentinian-steakhouse

They have a few in KL as well. Not sure where the beef is from but I hear great things from all of them gotta be worth a try

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

where is Fattys?

Rama 9 by a-space condo

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ewww doesn't look good at all, I never found those hiso burgers to really taste good... Either DIY or fast food chain. Why waste 490 baht on a burger when you could get a really good steak or entrecote etc. for that price. I guess each to his own

Dang 870baht (31 au dollars) for a wagu beef burger lol ,i sense this restaurant chain will be outta business within a year

Doubt it - it's in a very good location, and thre are plenty of people around that will be happy to fork out that sort of money for a decent bite to eat, as opposed to a 40baht meal.

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

Carl's great, excellent shakes too (see obesity thread).

But have you actually eaten at the places that charge 5-10x the price? Not saying they're good value, but not competing in the same league either.

Edited by Weatherman

One of my favorite dishes at my (used to be) favorite (used to be) cheap Thai restaurant - southern-style yellow curried crabmeat, all de-shelled already, lots of meat enough for two - used to be B120 less than five years ago. Now 380!

Their deep-fried crabmeat balls haven't gone up as much, probably just added more filler.

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

Yeah, really. There is absolutely no way I'd ever pay $15 for a burger, no matter how good.

• Like 2

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

Carl's great, excellent shakes too (see obesity thread).

But have you actually eaten at the places that charge 5-10x the price? Not saying they're good value, but not competing in the same league either.

I have paid significantly more for a burger- usually at business meals where the $25 burger is still the cheapest thing on the menu, but obviously not at all the choices. They have never been better than a Carl's Jr double meat.

When I hear about a great burger for 490 baht, (that usually ends up being a bill for 600 or more), I'm not even really tempted. If I'm spending that much, I'm not going for fast food. And make no mistake, if it comes on a bun, it's fast food.

BTW, even Carl's Jr is pushing the price envelope at about 100 baht more than an equivalent burger at Burger King (equivalent, but not equal IMHO) and double the price of McDonalds (which has no equivalent burger at all- not even close).

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

490 Baht for a burger!?

Was it prepared by Gordon Ramsay and served by Tata Young in a g-string?

Oh! It came with chips and salad. My bad!

Ramsey's burgers at Las Vegas' Burgr run between $13 and $16. The burgers are great, the onion rings better, but the shakes are a miss, in my opinion.

I would easily pay $15 for a good burger, and the steaks at the El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse are fantastic, so I could imagine that the burgers are good, too.

• Like 1