Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather sit in a decent place that cost to much because of rent than sit in a crappy place with a better cheaper burger

Just goes to show that they have all kinds of places at all kinds of prices in the world, because someone will like just about anything , sometimes it's you sometimes it's the other guy.

As long as the population is dense enough, no pun intended , you can sell just about anything and eek out a living.

Dang 870baht (31 au dollars) for a wagu beef burger lol ,i sense this restaurant chain will be outta business within a year

No way, every time I go the place is packed and it has been open for a while.

Why are there are so many crap burgers when making a good one is not rocket science?

I think the problem is buying the cheapest ingredients and being cooked by someone that does not eat burgers.

Fresh quality ground meat with the correct amount of fat and cooked with a char/sear.

Fresh bun lightly toasted, lettuce, onion, melted cheese and condiments.

• Like 1

I found out the burger at Sizzler have the same quality everytime bacon cheese, large size, super nice tasty meat, EVERYTIME, Big bun, and the bacon is tender ! 449 or 375 without bacon and it come with good fries !!

In the burger they have deep fried shretted onion, pretty nice twist !

besides, you have 69 baht refill coke ! all you can drink

include the 449 or 375, you get the huge ass Salatbar with chicken salats, seafood salats, soups pasta, and you name it ! and free fried/butter toast.

I Digg that anytime ! and currently once a week, i given up trying anywhere else!

chew on that ! This is the beast om talking about

Burger.jpg

I need to say, i have had my fair share of burgers, well Paid burgers, not only the 7/11 one at 23 baht :-)

i dont like "tender" bacon. everyone differs

• Like 1

Everybody has their own preferences and opinions, as clearly reflected here...

For me, I don't get the attraction of some of these upper scale burger places serving up high priced burgers smothered in all kinds of c**p sauces and toppings. I like parmesan cheese, like mushrooms, like bacon, like barbecue sauce, etc etc.... But I don't really want them messing with my burgers.

If I order a hamburger at a cheap or an expensive place, I want it to take like a HAMBURGER... I want to taste the charbroiled beef, want some fresh onion, tomato and lettuce, want a tasty, toasted bun that doesn't taste like it came from 7/11 or is so thick I can't fit the burger in my mouth. Maybe a bit of mayo or mustard. And maybe one simple topping at most. And that's all!

For the places that like to smother their burgers in all kinds of junk toppings/sauces, it makes me think that either a) they're simply finding ways to jack up their menu prices and/or b] their basic burger makings aren't good enough to stand on their own, so they need to adulterate the dish with all kinds of distractions.

If it's a really good hamburger, it ought to be able to stand on its own. That's MY opinion!

i would say this pretty much sums up Bangkok Burger.

That patty contains so much filler it is almost unrecognizable as meat.

• Like 1

I tend to favor Mos hamburgers a Japanese franchise outlet at Siam Paragon. The quality of the burger is good including the ingredients and the taste. It's not expensive but satisfies your hunger.

Usually, when I purchase a Hamburger, I don’t pay more than 200 THB for the product. If more, it’s not worth it.

Much better then McDonalds and Burger King which tend to cause indigestion after a few hours of consumption.

Though, I saw a sign going up in Japan alley in Silom for a Carl’s Jr, Hamburger joint. They are pretty good source for a good American made hamburger. From what I’ve read online they are basically springing up all over Bangkok now.

Maybe Wendy’s will come back to Bangkok in the near future. Domino’s Pizza is here now. (Off topic)

Why are there are so many crap burgers when making a good one is not rocket science?

I think the problem is buying the cheapest ingredients and being cooked by someone that does not eat burgers.

Fresh quality ground meat with the correct amount of fat and cooked with a char/sear.

Fresh bun lightly toasted, lettuce, onion, melted cheese and condiments.

A lot of places fry their burgers on a griddle... A lot of places add who knows what seasonings to their beef, Thai style. A lot of places seem to source burger buns that taste like and have the consistency of chalk. You're right, it really shouldn't be that difficult.

Though, I saw a sign going up in Japan alley in Silom for a Carl’s Jr, Hamburger joint. They are pretty good source for a good American made hamburger. From what I’ve read online they are basically springing up all over Bangkok now.

Carls Jr in BKK is now at:

Suk Soi 26 near Rama 4 Road.

Soi Thaniya near Saladaeng BTS.

Nana at Suk Road and Soi 3

Mega Bangna

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

For those of us who don't know, where's Fatty's? wai2.gif

They are located on Asoke/Din Daeng road (Rama 9 near fortune town) next to a space condos

The thing that really sets Fatty's apart is that the food is conceived and cooked by (or supervised by) a real American who loves what he does and is not just profit minded.

The best Thai food in the US is cooked by Thais, the best American food in Thailand is cooked by Americans, imhothumbsup.gif

Carls Jr in BKK is now at:

Suk Soi 26 near Rama 4 Road.

Soi Thaniya near Saladaeng BTS.

Nana at Suk Road and Soi 3

Mega Bangna

Spotted one at the Davis Hotel on Soi 24 recently too.

Of all the fast food burgers, Carls Jr. makes the best attempt. Still not as good as homemade.

The commercials are tasty.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/2AdViveJYD0

Edited by DiNiro

The Davis Hotel branch is the Soi 24 one... It's located right near where Sois 24 and 22 merge near Rama 4 Road. (Sorry I mistakenly said Soi 26 above).

BTW, I hadn't realized this before... Carl's is showing their new Nana Branch as being 24 hours...the only 24 hours Carl's in BKK... perhaps to better compete with the 24 hour Burger King located nextdoor there.

Our stores
1. 3rd floor, beach side, near glass elevator @ Central Festival Pattaya Beach
Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM

2. 24th Avenue @ Sukhumvit 24th near The Davis Hotel, Bangkok
Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until Midnight

3. Opposite Thaniya Plaza @ Silom, Soi Thaniya
Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until Midnight (SUN-THU)
11:00 AM until 2:00 AM (FRI-SAT)

4. Unit 1216, Mega Plaza @ Mega Bangna
Operating Hour: 10:00 AM until 11:00 PM

5. Nana Square, Sukhumvit Soi 3rd
Operating Hour: 24 hr.

https://www.facebook.com/CarlsJr.Thailand/info

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

My favorite burgers at the moment are from Fatty's bar and diner.

More than a contender with the ones mentioned, and prices start at 160 baht; comes with a side and pickle.

For those of us who don't know, where's Fatty's? wai2.gif

They are located on Asoke/Din Daeng road (Rama 9 near fortune town) next to a space condos

The thing that really sets Fatty's apart is that the food is conceived and cooked by (or supervised by) a real American who loves what he does and is not just profit minded.

The best Thai food in the US is cooked by Thais, the best American food in Thailand is cooked by Americans, imhothumbsup.gif

Here's the Google Maps reference for Fatty's:

post-58284-0-93222400-1372131655_thumb.j

A couple of miles south of Bangkok you can find the Gaeps Garten Restaurant in Hat Yai. I have a picture of their delicious burger attached. It comes with a salad of your choice from the salad bar for just 189 THB. I hardly managed to eat this giant burger.

post-8625-0-98533000-1372138397_thumb.jp

Anybody here familiar with Five Guys? Now that is an awesome burger...

The gourmet burgers hold no appeal for me whatsoever. Quite simply, burgers, like barbeque, are not fine dining. Trying to justify the price of a "gourmet" burger leads to all sorts of aberrations. And all those Kobe burgers that sprouted up in US restaurants? No Kobe beef has actually been imported for years due to hoof and mouth disease and whenever that changes nobody is importing Kobe to grind up and make a burger out of regardless of what the menu says...

• Like 1

****Previously deleted post contents removed.****

I have been to The Game once. I had the burger and it was a dry meat brick. I asked for the manager and was told he will be over when he finishes his cigarette. 10 minutes later he comes over and i explain my displeasure. He laughs and tells me if I don't like it, don't eat it! Obviously I will never go back.

I find that hard to believe. I have been many times and the big manager from Boston has always been apologetic to customers if the kitchen or bar make mistakes. I have witnessed a free meal and rounds of drinks given out when a customer was given the wrong meal. So i really don't believe the manager responded that way to you.

My friends and i love the burgers there and have never had a dry meat brick....

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

I have been to The Game once. I had the burger and it was a dry meat brick. I asked for the manager and was told he will be over when he finishes his cigarette. 10 minutes later he comes over and i explain my displeasure. He laughs and tells me if I don't like it, don't eat it! Obviously I will never go back.

I find that hard to believe. I have been many times and the big manager from Boston has always been apologetic to customers if the kitchen or bar make mistakes. I have witnessed a free meal and rounds of drinks given out when a customer was given the wrong meal. So i really don't believe the manager responded that way to you.

I am sorry that is hard for you to believe. But that is what happened.

From the few times you have posted, people might think that you are the over weight smoking manager with hypertension at The Game.

I have got the same. Made a mistake on my Steak and BOOM don't eat it Iwill go mak you one myself was the reply. I don't go there all the much but I do enjoy the food when i am. Buffalo wings with real Buffalo sauce is what does it for me. But yea no complaints and no issues there!

Here is a photo of a burger I got from Carl's JR last night @ nana square.

I could only eat 1 bite, the bacon was like it was pre cooked 4 24 hours and the burger was just dry. Pretty disgusting really, I have attached a photo

I ate there just the other day and had the opposite experience with my burger... fresh and well-prepared, as has been my normal experience with them through a fair number of visits. Example this chili-cheese burger below.

post-58284-0-00945600-1372207593_thumb.j

That said, I have sometimes, at various of the Carl's here, had what seemed like a not fresh burger... Not often or common, more like the occasional exception. Not sure why...

• Like 1

I have got the same.

Re The Game, I made one visit there with my wife. I ordered a pizza for my dinner (one with some kind of toppings), and the dish that arrived was a pizza entirely topped with cheese and NO toppings. Took a while to finally catch the attention of a waitress, since all of them seemed to be clustered around at the entrance waiting for customers.

Even though I was with my Thai wife, the waitress didn't seem to understand what the problem was.. Back and forth ensued... Finally, after 5 or 10 mins, a farang guy working there came over to our table, apologized, and said they'd bring me a new pizza, which they did. Cant recall for certain at this point, but I think the farang guy that day said he'd gone outside for a smoke....

But the kicker was, when I asked how they'd deliver a pizza like that (I don't think they even have a cheese only pizza on the menu), the farang guy said he'd gone outside for a break and a Thai chef had fixed the pizza in his absence... (not knowing that a pizza on the menu was supposed to have toppings???).

All in all, it wasn't a memorable experience that I'm anxious to repeat. Interesting to learn here that mine wasn't a solitary experience there.

Sorry... now back to our regularly scheduled burgers... smile.png

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

I remember a restaurant in Nashville Tennessee called Fuddruckers. it was brilliant, the best food, great portions. I will certainly watch for this place opening in Bangkok.

No wonder there is so much obesity here in Thailand. Five 100 Baht hamburgers in one go??????

I forgot to mention, in

No wonder there is so much obesity here in Thailand. Five 100 Baht hamburgers in one go??????

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

I remember a restaurant in Nashville Tennessee called Fuddruckers. it was brilliant, the best food, great portions. I will certainly watch for this place opening in Bangkok.

I forgot to mention, in Fuddruckers in Nashville, you actually watch the chefs cutting up the meat and cooking it then putting it on your hamburger, you add anything else you want yourself ie salads, sauce etc.

WOW no one mentioned "Burger Factory" Ekkamai Soi 10 across the little soi from Health Land. Been to most of the places mentioned, except El Guacho and the Burger Factory serves a far superior burger than Bangkok Burger, Tony Roma's, all the fast food chains, Fire house and Iron Fairies.

They also serve really good milkshakes, Caesar Salads and even have Dr. Pepper.

• Like 1