Ecuador 'analysing' Snowden asylum request: FM

webfact

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in the Live News Updates:

It says that Snowden has not crossed the border into Russia.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648966-thailand-live-tuesday-25-jun-2013/?p=6544716

This is interesting. Passenger were interviewed getting off flight from Hong Kong and said they saw him and he got off plane on tarmac before gate in Moscow and he got into one BMW with diplomatic plates and his luggage went into a second.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648966-thailand-live-tuesday-25-jun-2013/?p=6544716

This is interesting. Passenger were interviewed getting off flight from Hong Kong and said they saw him and he got off plane on tarmac before gate in Moscow and he got into one BMW with diplomatic plates and his luggage went into a second.

Does a diplomatic CAR count as a foreign country? In other words if he went from not Russia directly to the car and then into a foreign embassy, perhaps being carried by traitor wallahs, has he ever entered Russia?

The longer this foolish man consents to be used as a political pawn of countries hostile the USA, the more hostility I feel towards him.

He might have been a real hero if he had the cajones to do what he did and face the music.

Now what he is mostly doing is weakening his own country. Yes, he's a traitor.

Edited by Jingthing

Does a diplomatic CAR count as a foreign country? In other words if he went from not Russia directly to the car and then into a foreign embassy, perhaps being carried by traitor wallahs, has he ever entered Russia?

If the Russian gov't did not process him into the country, and he entered a diplomatic car, he would technically not have entered Russia, I would think. That is sort of a gov't situation where they can decide what to allow and not to allow.

• Like 2

I dunno, but if so this would really have to orchestrated by and concealed by Putin's people. I have to think he was in Russia between plane and car even if interior of car is another country. He may have also already left and this is Russia saying we did nothing wrong.

If he is still there, the absolute worse thing that could happen to him there is that he is lost in the system in Russia and no one knows where he really is. Russia would see him as he is, one willing to sell out his country, and may have nothing but contempt for him once they are done with him.

Russia has had many Snowdens go to US with information and perhaps would see nothing patriotic about his type.

Snowden is way over his head. I have sympathy for him at all.

Probably by the end of it, there will be a new word for people like him - a Snowden. Like a Quisling.

For sure. China may be unpredictable, but Russia plays by an entirely different and inconsistent set of rules.

I do not see him as a traitor.

A traitor would have sold or tried to use this info to better his life quietly not openly offer it

free to the US citizens & others who have been wrongfully targeted.

Who is paying for him to go gallivanting all over the globe and stay in 5 star hotels? I am not convinced that he is not being financially compensated by foreign governments for what he is doing. For one thing, his timing at releasing the information benefited both Russia and China in talks with the president. What he is doing is hurting his own country.

Wikileaks is paying for it. You would know that if you read.

He hasn't hurt his own country. The US govt hurt their country, he is just telling everyone how much they have hurt.

Edited by FDog
  • Like 2

He's guilty of the same crime as th Uk's Great Train Robbers. Embarrassing the government.

Embarrasing the government by STEALING something.

Usually that is the only way to do it.

Snowden is in way over his head. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Probably by the end of it, there will be a new word for people like him - a Snowden. Like a Quisling.

Snowden has made no comments for quite some time. It is the US govt making all the noise. Why some on here believe everything the US govt is saying after all the crap they have lied about is beyond me.

• Like 2

quote:

It may be up to the Americans and the British to decide how they handle questions of freedom and the protection of their citizens from government intrusion. But they have no right to subject the citizens of other countries to their control. The shoulder-shrugging explanation by Washington and London that they have operated within the law is absurd. They are not our laws. We didn't make them. We shouldn't be subject to them.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/jakob-augstein-data-spying-programs-threaten-german-security-a-907577.html

It looks more and more as the US is trying to impose its laws / view of society outside of its territories... Reminds me of when the privious president said 'if you're not with us, you're against us'... wow!

Edited by hopdafru

For sure. China may be unpredictable, but Russia plays by an entirely different and inconsistent set of rules.

Whereas the US govt plays by it's own rules without the thought of repurcussions if caught. They are simply embarrassed.

• Like 1

The Company Snowden Keeps

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/06/24/the_company_snowden_keeps_118930.html

From the article: One might argue that Snowden’s trips to Hong Kong and Moscow do not imply endorsement of what their regimes are doing. Yet it is worth noting that, in addition to disclosures about NSA surveillance of Americans’ phone calls and emails, Snowden has also shared information about U.S. cyber-snooping on Russia and China. It is now reported that before Snowden left Hong Kong, Chinese intelligence may have managed to “drain” the contents of his four laptop computers.

So who said China 'may have' drained the contents of his laptops?

More conjecture, more sprouting from the US govt. Give us facts, not tin foil hat conspiracies.

• Like 2

That sounds like probably what happened. So which embassy is he at?

Embassy? In a diplomatic car he could travel to any large Russian City and board a flight mostly in secret as our news media has no imagination and wouldn't think to check this out,. Also - he could travel to any adjacent country that would give him safe haven for a while pending a flight to South America. Or maybe they are trying to get Assange out of the embassy in London to join him - what a press conference that would be. Or perhaps they are on a yacht cruising out to the Mediterranean. Just musing ... but one has to consider misdirection, ruses, misinformation and disinformation as part of their plan...

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 2

Whereas the US govt plays by it's own rules without the thought of repurcussions if caught. They are simply embarrassed.

You seriously cannot be comparing China and Russia to the US. Russia immigration forms or Visa laws change at a whim. 10 different people will tell you different forms and costs. Wife just encountered this trying to get our 20 month old a 3 year visa. Russia notaries kept using invitation forms being rejected by embassy. We would get charged whacked out prices to use certain new forms that were ultimately rejected. Wife had to fly to DC and pay people to get Visa issued for our daughter as we were running out time.

Why is US embarrassed? Compromised perhaps. Pissed out about domestic eavesdropping perhaps. Embarrassed not As far as other countries are concerned, between satellites and modern technology we are all in every sh*t in other countries and they already knew this or were embarrassed if they did not know this. Russia and China monitor their own people.

quote:

It may be up to the Americans and the British to decide how they handle questions of freedom and the protection of their citizens from government intrusion. But they have no right to subject the citizens of other countries to their control. The shoulder-shrugging explanation by Washington and London that they have operated within the law is absurd. They are not our laws. We didn't make them. We shouldn't be subject to them.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/jakob-augstein-data-spying-programs-threaten-german-security-a-907577.html

It looks more and more as the US is trying to impose its laws / view of society outside of its territories... Reminds me of when the privious president said 'if you're not with us, you're against us'... wow!

That's what empires do. But all empires die eventually. Both from from external pushback and rot from within.

• Like 1

According to an interview with President Putin in Finland, Snowden is still in the transit area at Moscow's airport and that Russia will not arrest or deport him. he also said that Russians' secret service are not working with Snowden.

He also said - "the faster Snowden continues to the country of his choice the better for him and Russia"

Donald Trump calls for Snowden's assassination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=putI07_OFbc

does anyone wonder about the moves of Snowden now?

The overall reaction of the gov and many people in the public tells us more about the rotten stage of a country, that was once thriving when it still was the land of the free.

Instead of keeping him close and invite him back home to discuss the issue in public would have done better to America than the 'hang him high' brigade.

What has he revealed that was not known? It just bothers most that the mainstream media couldn't resist and had to leave the mind control concept on this one. This is probably the real reason for the outrage within the "circles".

The longer this concept is followed the worse it will get for America. More people need to wake up.

Edited by wealth

According to an interview with President Putin in Finland, Snowden is still in the transit area at Moscow's airport and that Russia will not arrest or deport him. he also said that Russians' secret service are not working with Snowden.

He also said - "the faster Snowden continues to the country of his choice the better for him and Russia"

Haha, right! God I love Russians. They just don't give a flip what anyone thinks. I wish Obama was a bit more like Putin.

Donald Trump calls repeatedly for Snowden's assassination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=putI07_OFbc

It's sometimes hard to know what to think about something with so much information coming from so many self interested sources. Generally speaking however, if I find myself in total diagreement with whatever Donald Trump has to say I know I'm not too far off the right track.

Haha, I love Donald. He is totally cool and an idiot at the same time!!! I am sure with Donald's money he could easily make that happen in a country like Ecuador.

Putin said a few hours ago no way to a release. I guess paybacks are a bitch (Viktor Bout et.al.) This is all just normal superpower vs. ex-superpower + rising superpower stuff. Putin did say that Snowden was in that neverland of the "transit zone" at the airport, whatever that means. whistling.gif

As far as special intel services from both China and Russia not interested in "draining" either Snowden's laptop or brain, I say "yeah sure," rolleyes.gif