Looking to buy a watch.

johntou

I have decided to buy a new watch, but the only shops I can find so far are opticians who also sell watches. I was hoping to find a jewellery shop with a range of watches. (Or maybe the opticians are just as good...?).

Does anybody know of a shop in the area of Rayong or Pattaya where I can view a range of watches?

I am not looking for something at Rolex prices, but I am prepared to pay out for good design and reliability from a known brand.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

The place opposite The Avenue shopping mall (Pattaya)has a good range of Seiko and Citizens. Also Festival Centre has a big watch department that has numerous watch brands, from Casios to Rolex. Just about every decent mall in Pattaya, Big C etc has watch kiosks. Not hard to find watches in Pattaya. I prefer to buy my watches from Ebay, probably 30% cheaper than buying in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup

alot of watch kiosk here carry fake casio, seiko and stuff. even those in big c, lotus etc

unbelievable but even the humble casio f-91 are mostly fake here. just flip and look at the metal plate you would know

I believe some of the Casio F-91's are made in Thailand as well as China. Hardly worth faking a watch that only costs 3-400 baht I wouldn't have thought. I'm yet to see a fake Seiko in an established kiosk, on the street yes.

Edited by giddyup

As the OP seems to be (or go to) Pattaya I'll move this to the Pattaya forum.

There are plenty of watch shops all over town, but if getting an original/genuine watch I'd probably try Central, there's a whole area of watch shops on one of the floors, you could spend hours (and a ton of money) buying watches there.

There's a small "old style" watch shop in Soi Buakao, just around the corner from Pattaya Klang, that is recommended by many regulars here, well known for excellent service and repair. I can't remember the name, maybe someone can fill it in. You might want to check that out too.

The place opposite The Avenue shopping mall (Pattaya)has a good range of Seiko and Citizens. Also Festival Centre has a big watch department that has numerous watch brands, from Casios to Rolex. Just about every decent mall in Pattaya, Big C etc has watch kiosks. Not hard to find watches in Pattaya. I prefer to buy my watches from Ebay, probably 30% cheaper than buying in Thailand.

I never see any watches like Rolex in Central Festival, just the usual stuff from Seiko,Casio and TW Steel on the ground floor. Where can i find the more upmarket ones in Central?

I never see any watches like Rolex in Central Festival, just the usual stuff from Seiko,Casio and TW Steel on the ground floor. Where can i find the more upmarket ones in Central?

Check the department store (the east/Pattaya Klang end of Central), I think 4th floor or there about.

Hello Look for any new seiko mecanical.with a glass back and no battery,these are quality watches that work and wind as you move your arm.stay away from that works on solar power or that has a movement that produces electricity.look good but expensive and do not hold well.seiko 5 are a really good watch and do no lose their value the minute u walk out the door in fact they keep their value but need to clean every 10 years,whichi reasonable.The best watch to day is still a mechanical omega super quality,will only go up in value and almost as good as rolex at half the cost! life cycle 30- 40 years...in fact i have omegas in my collection running every day 50 years !!!!