MBP 13" battery replacement cost?

watcharacters

My mistake for leaving out the most important part of the post. I'm wondering about the range of cost for 13" MBP battery replacement in Thailand.

Apple told me there are 7 Authorized Apple Repair locations in LOS.

I've been told the price for repair outside an actual Apple Store is up to the independent Authorized Apple Repair location. I was quoted a price of over ฿7000 which seemed a bit on the high side to me being that the repair staff said the actual time to make the change is around 10 minutes. I dropped my lap so the battery replacement is not covered by the Applecare protection plan which I do have in effect.

I couldn't get an actual quote for the battery price alone from anyone at Apple but even if I had the battery I wouldn't want to void my warranty by self installing.

Any ideas as to the price range?

A search on ebay shown that is is around 1500 or less for compatible/OEM. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6cell-Battery-fit-Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-MB990-A-MB990CH-A-020-6764-A-A1322-/400508479720?pt=AU_Laptop_Accessories&hash=item5d402a68e8

I not sure what model or year made your MBP13. But I had open up my MBP13 (early 2011) before. Changing the batter is not that difficult. The screws used that hold the casing can be open by normally Philip screw driver.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzE1LTAwMDI2LmpwZw.jpg

ifixit Battery installation Video:

Thanks Mike,

I have an early 2011.

As I mentioned I suspected the job would be simple since the store told me it would take them about 10 minutes.

Even with a genuine battery from Apple, I'm left to wonder why the cost is over ฿7000. Again, doing it myself and having an aftermarket battery installed would wipe out my remaining warranty which I wouldn't care to do.

Maybe I'll ask the shop what their hourly labor charge is.