Australia - New PM?

Old Croc

I'm not normally a violent person but she deserves a kick in her lady parts! Hanson-Young, not Mirabella - she's a lot more comical in a way that we're laughing at her not with her....

I love me some good old Question Time but only in the House of Reps... The Senate is as boring as batshit, even the woman that every feminist loves to hate Sen. Penny Wong - Dave, you might be right on the whole KRudd relation thing there, perhaps a reason why KRudd speaks Mandarin fluently? - can't liven that place up

The thing that grinds my gears the most about Hanson-Young and well The Greens in general is the whole asylum seeker issue, she tears up at the very inclination of the word.

Anyway, lovely day weather we're having here in Bangkok today whistling.gif

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From this ... LI-gal-tally-room-20130606195516269648-4

To this ... 124327-election-2010.jpg

Alas no more ...

The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) has announced it will not operate a national tally room at this year's federal election.

The decision has come because no television networks intend to use the tally room for their election-night broadcasts.

Electoral Commissioner Ed Killesteyn says the tally room plays no role in the actual delivery of election results but essentially was a backdrop for the media.

"The tally room would cost around $1.2 million to stage again, and this is an amount that has become very hard to justify at this or future elections," he said.

Video and references.

What a joke Kevin Rudd is carnt believe he couldn't just move on with his life and leave Julia Gillard to do her job!!No No.......he had to try steal it from her three times..looks like third times the charm!!

To bad he won't be running for long as labor is going to loss the next election.

In her short time as prime minster Julia Gillard has done more as prime minster then Kevin Rudd has or ever will do..

• Like 1

Ah, I hate Australian politics - irrespective of which side

It was one of the biggest reasons for my emigration three years ago!

Although I had extra motivation because I was convinced Abbott would win the last election.

What a joke Kevin Rudd is carnt believe he couldn't just move on with his life and leave Julia Gillard to do her job!!No No.......he had to try steal it from her three times..looks like third times the charm!!

To bad he won't be running for long as labor is going to loss the next election.

In her short time as prime minster Julia Gillard has done more as prime minster then Kevin Rudd has or ever will do..

Not a Rudd friend but isn't it a bit early to hit the turps?

Although I had extra motivation because I was convinced Abbott would win the last election.

You were wrong . . . whistling.gif and left a few years early! thumbsup.gif

In a piece of remarkable timing ...

The stalking of Julia Gillard ...

246686-rob-oakeshott.jpg

The author of a new book about Julia Gillard describes journalists as "enablers" in Kevin Rudd's long campaign to bring down the former prime minister.

Former press gallery journalist Kerry-Anne Walsh today launched her book, The Stalking Of Julia Gillard.

She says Australia must look at the role of media in modern politics.

"Many journalists and commentators became part of Rudd's story. They became players and enablers of his ambition," she said.

"Instead of reporting on the political class, they became members of it, and in doing so the public received a distorted view of Gillard's government and of Gillard herself.

HERE

The book was released by the outgoing Independent Rob Oakshot on the week-end just past ... remarkable times.

Money could not buy that advertising!

• Like 1

I just see it as full circle. What happened to Julia is what she did to Kevin. If you don't wont to get slapped back then don't slap in the 1st place.

Mum he hit me. But she hit me 1st.

Julia how can we describe this person? I will probably get banned If I did say what I think of her.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I see today that Rudd has taken control of NSW labour, for a big and long overdue shake up, zero tolerance for even a sniff of any wrong doing, down the road as it should be....

Edited by briboy

I see today that Rudd has taken control of NSW labour, for a big and long overdue shake up, zero tolerance for even a sniff of any wrong doing, down the road as it should be....

I think he is biting off more than he can chew in an effort to show himself to be up to the task of governing the country . . . but first he has to go do some arse-licking in Jakarta after his intelligent comments . . . ah yes, another shining example of the White Tribe of Asia handling themselves well

• Like 1

Interesting article on the News site about Kevin's interview on ABC http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/what-we-learned-from-kevin-rudds-first-big-interview/story-fnho52ip-1226674061711

By my rough count the comments were 50 to 1 negative on Kevin, but I gave up at about 100 as they were becoming repetitive and disheartning. Looks like Australia is awake to the KRudd straight away this time. It was also reported a big shift in preferred prime minister vote back to Labor after the dud took control. Wonder how long this will last before the opinion polls shift again? My bet he is holding out on the new election date to see if the "dead cat bounce" in the polls can last in which case a late election Oct/Nov, ratings going down the gurgler quickly means early election. My money is on August.

Cheers

In a piece of remarkable timing ...

The stalking of Julia Gillard ...

246686-rob-oakeshott.jpg

The author of a new book about Julia Gillard describes journalists as "enablers" in Kevin Rudd's long campaign to bring down the former prime minister.

Former press gallery journalist Kerry-Anne Walsh today launched her book, The Stalking Of Julia Gillard.

She says Australia must look at the role of media in modern politics.

"Many journalists and commentators became part of Rudd's story. They became players and enablers of his ambition," she said.

"Instead of reporting on the political class, they became members of it, and in doing so the public received a distorted view of Gillard's government and of Gillard herself.

HERE

The book was released by the outgoing Independent Rob Oakshot on the week-end just past ... remarkable times.

Money could not buy that advertising!

Oh, it's all about other people, isn't it, LOL.

What some people don't get, is that Julia was just plain unpopular outside politics, and journos reflect that to sell papers. Does anyone think they don't?

Not a Rudd friend but isn't it a bit early to hit the turps?

You were wrong . . . whistling.gif and left a few years early! thumbsup.gif

No I wasn't wrong just have a look at what Julia gillard has improved,do your research.

Read alittle more about goverment changes as her role as prime minster.

I do love people like you telling me to 'do research' . . . and 'read a little more', as though you know even the slightest bit about me . . . I have definitely forgotten more of my bachelors or my MBA than you will ever know.

Oh, I see . . . it's quite simple to make such ridiculous statements - perhaps that is why you make them. Simple

• Like 1

No I wasn't wrong just have a look at what Julia gillard has improved,do your research.

post-147583-13731309284481_thumb.jpg

Seriously though... No wait... Don't laugh... What did Julia Gillard improve...

• Like 1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1373130975.173903.jpg

Politician wages to cover the increase in taxes .

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1373130975.173903.jpg

Politician wages to cover the increase in taxes .

You're quite right, I now owe World Traveller (is he really or does traveling from Lakemba to Mount Druitt equal 'world traveling' now?) an apology.

Should anyone be surprised? I don't think so but I'm no expert on Australian elections.

Rudd Return Opens Up Oz Election

YOU BET RUDD RETURN COULD MEAN HARD LABOR FOR COALITION WITH KEVIN RUDD returning as Labor Prime Minister, William Hill make his Party 7/2 to win the Australian Election, with the Coalition 1/6 favourites.

"Before Rudd returned to the role we hadn't even bothered to make a book on the outcome as the Coalition looked unbackable red hot favourites, but polls are already showing a bounce back towards Labor and maybe there will now be a competitive contest" said William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe.

I think the increased numbers are more of a reflection that the Lab electorate is just happy that the wench is gone.

Rudd's first faux-pas about possible armed conflict with Indonesia over asylum seekers shows he is trying very hard to be the tough guy . . . and he shows himself to be a fool, sadly, as he has potential but is too much of an egotist

The gap seems to be closing......

KEVIN Rudd's return as Prime Minister continues to boost Labor's stocks and has restored the Government's primary vote to the same level as the last election.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/kevin-rudds-return-as-pm-boosts-primary-vote-to-the-same-level-as-last-election-according-to-new-poll/story-fni0fiyv-1226676232353?utm_source=Herald%20Sun&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&net_sub_uid=6385596

If Rudd can win this election I give up... Gave up a long time ago. Abbott might be an wanke_r but surely he is better than the joke of a Labour party?

Why compare them? Neither Labour nor the coalition is going to govern well. That is no longer possible. Just choose the party you think will govern less badly. It's probably the one that will govern less.

If Rudd can win this election I give up... Gave up a long time ago. Abbott might be an <deleted> but surely he is better than the joke of a Labour party?

Small point, but if you are going to comment on politics, often best to get the names of the political parties right.

And in Australia it is Labor, as in the Australian Labor Party.

In Britain, it is the Labour Party.

Yours - the pedant.

• Like 2

If Rudd can win this election I give up... Gave up a long time ago. Abbott might be an wanke_r but surely he is better than the joke of a Labour party?

Small point, but if you are going to comment on politics, often best to get the names of the political parties right.

Yours - the pedant.

Think Laborious and it gives the correct spelling and context for the party.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yours - the pedant.

Think Laborious and it gives the correct spelling and context for the party.

Cheers

Like the Greens?