Mechanical Damage and Insurance companies.

The answer is yes, you can claim but check any deductibles you may have on the policy and if the accident was your fault you will lose your NCB - so be sure the claim is worthwhile.

Did you call the insurance company when you had the accident? If not suggest you leave it to your Broker to sort out for you.

• Like 1

Depends on the nature of the mechanical damage. If it could be deemed to be caused by an accident or driving error, the it should be claimable. If it's a pure mechanical fault or design defect that wouldn't be covered though - that's what warranty is for..

If this is about your Ranger that dies after wading in a puddle, I'd say that squarely falls under 'design defect' and thus is a warranty claim.

The answer is yes, you can claim but check any deductibles you may have on the policy and if the accident was your fault you will lose your NCB - so be sure the claim is worthwhile.

Did you call the insurance company when you had the accident? If not suggest you leave it to your Broker to sort out for you.

Was not an accident.

Depends on the nature of the mechanical damage. If it could be deemed to be caused by an accident or driving error, the it should be claimable. If it's a pure mechanical fault or design defect that wouldn't be covered though - that's what warranty is for..

If this is about your Ranger that dies after wading in a puddle, I'd say that squarely falls under 'design defect' and thus is a warranty claim.

Yeah my Ranger, as it currently stands Ford look to be refusing warranty and telling me to claim on insurance.

Was not an accident.

Yeah my Ranger, as it currently stands Ford look to be refusing warranty and telling me to claim on insurance.

Fack that, tell them to man-up or you'll invite the media around for a Ranger demolition party...

Was not an accident.

Can't you pull a few strings through your employers relationship with Ford Spoony? They should be able to ring a few bells on your behalf.

Perhaps thats why Express Delivery Vehicles used by TNT,Kerry,etc are Isuzu and Toyota,they cant afford to break down in water.Perhaps Spoon can do something via connections, but Joe Ferang here cant.He even has big wheels that should have helped.

Was not an accident.

Can't you pull a few strings through your employers relationship with Ford Spoony? They should be able to ring a few bells on your behalf.

I have escalated the matter above and beyond the dealership and the correct people our now very interested,numerous phone calls today and not one has mentioned insurance.