You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

House to rent in ban Chang

rayongchelsea

Hello

A friend of mine will be moving there next year and his 2 kids will go to garden international school.

Any recommendations for a good moo baan, decent sized house,good security, close to the school. Where his kids can socialize.

He is a retired gentleman with a Thai wife.

Rent up to 40k. Maybe buy later.

Thanks.

IMHO you really can't go past Eastern Star. Especially the newer houses. Well built with good facilities in the estate and GIS just outside the gate. Public areas are generally well maintained and the kids can safely run around without some lunatic Thai speeding through. 40k would probably get something.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

We live in Had Phayoon Green Ville and 40K would get your friend a huge house here. We have a 3 bed, 3 bath and pay 20K. Can put you in touch with our estate agent if you PM me. There is some beautiful houses in the Phala beach area just near the golf course and for 40K he would get something with 4 bedrooms and 2 stories. We looked at them before and they were really good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,were thinking of moving down to Ban Chang from Petchabun, we're down there this weekend for a recce and to try and find a 2 or 3 house on a moo Baan, a swimming pool on the estate would also be preferable, any recommendations would be appreciated, our budget is 15-20k per months, many thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife and I are moving to the Ban Chang area next month. We need only a clean small cottage with a yard. We have no children or relatives nor dogs. It is not necessary to be right in town, but within 3 kilometers and have some kind of market nearby. I am 58 retired with a decent income, but not looking for luxury, only basic comforts. Especially good if furnished, including air con. Good news for the owner, we can pay advance rent (6 months) if we can get a discount for that. Otherwise...monthly. Six month lease is preferred.

Option 2 would be a small apartment (In town) upstairs with a place for a small business downstairs. 1 bedroom ok..

If anyone knows something, leave a message/post. Otherwise, I will just take a look for myself when I get there. We are coming in from Udon, and I never stayed in that area before.

Thanks. I did check out as many classifieds ad possible. Sometimes word of month is best. We hope to avoid going through realtors and such. There was a place for 11,000 that looked ok, but was in Ban Phe. I left my information with the add. It happened to me before that when answering some of the classified realty ads, the house listed would not be available...but then would come the phone calls, offers, appointments, etc. Hope to avoid that. Would like to work with the owner directly.

Some listings in Thaivisa Classifieds.

Thanks. I did check out as many classifieds ad possible. Sometimes word of month is best. We hope to avoid going through realtors and such. There was a place for 11,000 that looked ok, but was in Ban Phe. I left my information with the add. It happened to me before that when answering some of the classified realty ads, the house listed would not be available...but then would come the phone calls, offers, appointments, etc. Hope to avoid that. Would like to work with the owner directly.

Try Sintavee Estate. It is about 2KM from centre of town and has a mix of farang and Thais. Some of the houses are quite old but there are some good ones. Best thing, if you are in the area, is to drive around the estate and look. Most houses for rent have a phone number on the front. There is one real estate angent that I know of in Ban Chang , next to the Camel pub. Have no idea what they are like but always appear to have a window full of houses for rent.

• Like 1

Try Sintavee Estate. It is about 2KM from centre of town and has a mix of farang and Thais. Some of the houses are quite old but there are some good ones. Best thing, if you are in the area, is to drive around the estate and look. Most houses for rent have a phone number on the front. There is one real estate angent that I know of in Ban Chang , next to the Camel pub. Have no idea what they are like but always appear to have a window full of houses for rent.

Ok..will check that out.thanks. We found some Thai sites (no english) and they advertise good homes for as low as 8500. We will call them first. Saw one listed just inland from Rayong town, off (small road 3) and 36

Ok..will check that out.thanks. We found some Thai sites (no english) and they advertise good homes for as low as 8500. We will call them first. Saw one listed just inland from Rayong town, off (small road 3) and 36

It's a good 30 minute drive from Rayong to Ban Chang and a lot worse in the morning and afternoon peak hours because of the traffic going to the Maphtaput industrial area between Rayong and Ban Chang. If you want to be closer to Ban Chang you could also look at the Sattahip area

• Like 1

It's a good 30 minute drive from Rayong to Ban Chang and a lot worse in the morning and afternoon peak hours because of the traffic going to the Maphtaput industrial area between Rayong and Ban Chang. If you twant to be closer to Ban Chang you could also look at the Sattahip area

Very good information. I did not take into consideration the traffic. I suppose I may want to be closer to Ban Chang/Sattahip....especially if the beaches are better there. Would not mind having a snack and a beer at some of the farang pubs in Ban Chang, and would not want to drive a long ways. More than a few beers would mean taking a tuk tuk....(better than calling the wife). Okay then, I am narrowing my objections down to the area from Sattahip to Ban Chang for sure.

I would recommend not using this thai company, we've just come back from a 4 day recce in Ban Chang. We drove around a lot of moo baans got a lot of telephone numbers from the front of available houses, then went to that ban Chang real estate company. We had already spoke to house owners and going through the estate agents was on average 30% more expensive, they also used underhand tactics of saying that there were other people interested in the same property and that we should outbid them and sign for a year, instead of the agreed 6 months, after we made a call to the owner, we found out they were lying. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend not using this thai company, we've just come back from a 4 day recce in Ban Chang. We drove around a lot of moo baans got a lot of telephone numbers from the front of available houses, then went to that ban Chang real estate company. We had already spoke to house owners and going through the estate agents was on average 30% more expensive, they also used underhand tactics of saying that there were other people interested in the same property and that we should outbid them and sign for a year, instead of the agreed 6 months, after we made a call to the owner, we found out they were lying. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!

The only reputable agent (for rentals) in town is khun Tuk. This is her website, http://www.hometownestate.com/.

PM me for her number.

My friend has looked in bang Chang and is considering buying a small house in a moo baan close to GIS called baan warisara (!).

Anyone have any feed back on this.

Thanks.

Warisara has 5 villages in the area (one is in Rayong). They seem to use good construction materials and are still quite reasonable in price. They are all pretty crammed though. Not much greenery in any of them and facility areas (pool, gym, playground) are all very small.

Thanks for the reply.

When they went back and had another look they were not pleased to find that a part of the wall had been knocked down into the adjacent field next door which will be the access route through to the development of the next project, so traffic volume will get much higher.

They looked else where and found a place called Springfield a very small development, not cheap..

Any comments on Springfield ?

Again thank for the feedback, it might help others.

Thanks for the reply.

When they went back and had another look they were not pleased to find that a part of the wall had been knocked down into the adjacent field next door which will be the access route through to the development of the next project, so traffic volume will get much higher.

They looked else where and found a place called Springfield a very small development, not cheap..

Any comments on Springfield ?

Again thank for the feedback, it might help others.

It may be worth checking if the breach in the wall is only temporary to ease access for construction equipment and supplies for the newer development. My experience is this is quite common but usually the walls are restored and each 'village' retains its own unique access even if the adjacent project is under the same developer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,were thinking of moving down to Ban Chang from Petchabun, we're down there this weekend for a recce and to try and find a 2 or 3 house on a moo Baan, a swimming pool on the estate would also be preferable, any recommendations would be appreciated, our budget is 15-20k per months, many thanks in advance for any replies.

Did you find a house in ban chang? We have just moved back to pattaya. See my earlier post, our old house is available from now.

• 2 months later...

From my 18 years if experience dealing with my Thai wife and her relatives and business associates...you can never believe a word out of their mouths....and the best investment advice I have is unless you can afford to lose the money don't buy a house or invest money in Thailand....My own brother in law (who owns Ban Chang golf) screwed me and his sister (my wife) on a business deal....its to the point now my wife won't talk to the mother or brothers who screwed us over....If money is involved Thai's will try and pick your pocket of every baht they think they can get....They justify by thinking your a rich Farang!

• Like 1

Did you find a house in ban chang? We have just moved back to pattaya. See my earlier post, our old house is available from now.
No ,we moved to Bang Sarah instead, thanks for your help though.