10-year-old girl gives birth in Nakhon Panom

webfact

Most girls from the province who go work in a bar already were deflowered by a family member....
I'll go ahead and be the first: by what means did you come by that remarkable fact?

I

Been a Thailand nightlife professional for two decades therefor pretty well informed. And it's not that remarkable more a part of the province 'culture', most Thais know about this.

Did you know there were several child brothels in Chiangmai until 1996, (hidden in the earth wall, Kampengdin Road etc.) when they were finally all cleaned up forever.

Well, I was a "Thailand nightlife professional" for a mere 5 years or so (though in that time, I lived, worked and socialized with the people who worked in that industry and spent hundreds of hours in deep and personal conversations) but I did do a fair bit of research on the Thai sex industry and assist scholars and NGOs in theirs...

If your background is as you say, I'll grant you are probably more well informed than most who opine on the topic how ever I'm less than convinced that 1) you could possibly know such a thing and 2) that your claim is accurate.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there two 9 year olds pregnancies reported in the news a couple of years back (two in the same month - different provinces) - never heard any more, so maybe they miscarried (illegal abortion?).

Yes, as ThaiAtHeart suggested - PM runs the woman's rights group here, it would only take a word and tea money or no, they'd be an arrest.

im pretty certain that even with thailands draconian abortion laws, the mothers age would be considered an extenuating circumstance

Unless her parents make a complaint, no investigation will be made.

Are you suggesting statutory rape and being a pedophile are not criminal acts? I am sure they are and therefore the BIB should not require any complaint from anyone to investigate and subsequently charge the offender.

Agree but TIT.

making her one of the youngest mothers in the country.

Please don't tell me there is a younger one somewhere?

There have been many. The youngest was 5. She conceived at 4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

Reading that however, that was in 1939. It would appear that this is one of the youngest births in the last few years.

Where is Yingluck with her women's rights?

Shopping.

Maybe the father is the father!!bah.gif

comments like this without even a hint of such accusations in the OP is absolutely disgusting..... pathetic

Sorry to say but it happens. sad.png

Most girls from the province who go work in a bar already were deflowered by a family member....
I'll go ahead and be the first: by what means did you come by that remarkable fact?

I

Been a Thailand nightlife professional for two decades therefor pretty well informed. And it's not that remarkable more a part of the province 'culture', most Thais know about this.

Did you know there were several child brothels in Chiangmai until 1996, (hidden in the earth wall, Kampengdin Road etc.) when they were finally all cleaned up forever.

Well, I was a "Thailand nightlife professional" for a mere 5 years or so (though in that time, I lived, worked and socialized with the people who worked in that industry and spent hundreds of hours in deep and personal conversations) but I did do a fair bit of research on the Thai sex industry and assist scholars and NGOs in theirs...

If your background is as you say, I'll grant you are probably more well informed than most who opine on the topic how ever I'm less than convinced that 1) you could possibly know such a thing and 2) that your claim is accurate.

I can vouch for the fact they were there. I found one inadvertently, and promptly left.

I

I can vouch for the fact they were there. I found one inadvertently, and promptly left.

I have no doubt that such places existed and likely still do. Moreover, I made no comment on them for precisely that reason (and because it wasn't relevant to my point or what I was responding to).

Having sex with a minor under the age of 15 is a criminal act.

However, if it is not the girls father who knocked her up, the guy who did it will usually be given the chance to marry the girl and cash out the family and he'll avoid jail. That's how they do it here for Thai on Thai sex crimes.

(age 9, Phetchabun.Thailand)

Not that long ago in the month of February 2001 Wanwisa Janmuk became youngest Asian mother. World’s forth youngest mother was married to a 26 year old man; by the time of birth mother and father were nine and twenty seven year old respectively.

Blindloop

Disgusting.

Maybe the father is the father!!bah.gif

comments like this without even a hint of such accusations in the OP is absolutely disgusting..... pathetic

Sorry to say but it happens. sad.png

+1sad.png

I find this story very disheartening.

I wouldn't be surprised if the girl's name and address was disclosed in the Thai press. I find lack of any mention of any police investigation equally saddening. Even a lot of the frivolous posts here displayed a callousness.

There are evil people in every society and many parts of Nakhon Phanom are ruled under some sort of tribal justice dispensed by the local government officials and police.

I wish I had never clicked on it.

• Like 2

Little Lina in Peru. She was 5 when she was pregnant and delivered. Yes, the father was her father. Common occurrence in rural areas worldwide.

Little Lina in Peru. She was 5 when she was pregnant and delivered. Yes, the father was her father. Common occurrence in rural areas worldwide.

What year was that. I looked at wiki and most of them were from the 1800s to be that young.

Not allowing for superstition in Peru in the late nineteenth century of course.

I find this story very disheartening.

I wouldn't be surprised if the girl's name and address was disclosed in the Thai press. I find lack of any mention of any police investigation equally saddening. Even a lot of the frivolous posts here displayed a callousness.

There are evil people in every society and many parts of Nakhon Phanom are ruled under some sort of tribal justice dispensed by the local government officials and police.

I wish I had never clicked on it. Me too...

Unless you are married.

That's why I said they will probably be offered the chance to marry the girl and pay the parents.

I personally know of a "rape" case that involved a 12 year old girl and a few Thai guys. The family who could pay the most did so and their son got to marry the girl so he did not go to jail. The other guys all went to jail. Of course it turns out this mom and daughter runs this scam often, but the police didn't care.

Unless you are married.

That's why I said they will probably be offered the chance to marry the girl and pay the parents.

I personally know of a "rape" case that involved a 12 year old girl and a few Thai guys. The family who could pay the most did so and their son got to marry the girl so he did not go to jail. The other guys all went to jail. Of course it turns out this mom and daughter runs this scam often, but the police didn't care.

Unbelievable. When you see news media from Thailand, you sometimes shake your head at this politician or that crooked cop, but it pays to remember that deep underneath a carefully crafted veneer in Thailand, a seething orgy of exploitation is going on. Whether it's a rice pledging scheme, a military coup, or story like this one, the society at large always appears to be involved in elaborately entangled mob rush to liquify whatever assets can be had from each other, whatever the human cost. At its worst, the people who are most entrusted with the care of their charges are the ones most guilty (in this case, the mother of the girl). In the end you get a self-perpetuating class system and a society that is deeply, deeply at odds with itself. I often think this is why Thais are so sensitive about losing face. Deep down inside they know things aren't going very well.

Edited by Unkomoncents
  • Like 1

Are you suggesting statutory rape and being a pedophile are not criminal acts? I am sure they are and therefore the BIB should not require any complaint from anyone to investigate and subsequently charge the offender.
True. In such an incident the family do not need to make a complaint and authorities would instigate their own full investigation. Well outside of Thailand they would.

Unless you are married.

Making the offer or even marrying the girl after the incident doesn't make a person immune from prosecution. A defence for sexual penetration of a minor is that they were "LEGALLY" married at the "TIME"

Unless you are married.

Making the offer or even marrying the girl after the incident doesn't make a person immune from prosecution. A defence for sexual penetration of a minor is that they were "LEGALLY" married at the "TIME"

All very mediaeval in concept isn't it.

• Like 1