Jotun shop (or other) for epoxy paint

cheeryble

Hi

I want to paint two sets of concrete tables and chairs.....the type which often have a chessboard in tiles on top.....and are cheap but unattractive......I want to paint it with epoxy paint pale grey.

This is extremely durable and any dirty splashes will wipe off easily if I get gloss.

The Jotun shop sells this stuff and has it's floors painted with epoxy for display.

I headed down the Superhighway yesterday evening and suddenly realised, though I had been keeping an eye open left side, that I was approaching Index.

It should be way before that.

Is the Jotun shope still there?

ps: Anywhere else sell coloured epoxy paint (thinking 2 part)

There is a very good paint shop on the left hand side before you get to the UN Irish pub, in fact its closer to the corner near the moat....same street tho.

They have all types of paint, acrylic, laquer, oil and epoxy from memory.....blink.png

The Jotun shop on Super Highway closed and moved up

to the exit to Mae Jo road,and that one has closed down

as well and I don't know where they have gone.

Yes that is a very good paint ,I painted my Koi pond with

it many years ago and it is still good. hope you find what

you are looking for.

regards Worgeordie

No not that place....head back towards the moat and on the opposite side of the road. Before the intersection on the right as you look at the moat when coming from UN Irish

Hey CMKiwi

Fancy that I've never noticed it.....willl try ASAP

Also seen there's a shop called CMColour Expert on the HangDong rd which may be the ticket.....but the big Jotun shop had the full range would like to find it. They were quite authoritative and had a very good English speaker too save me babbling in my best Thai (ha!).

Yes, Worgeordie my droog

I used to use Jotun antifouling on my old wooden yacht first class stuff.

Edited by cheeryble

Home pro has Jotun Pengard epoxy, 2 pack, 4:1 mix.

I dont know if theyve got a big selection of colours.

They definatly had white !

This stuff is not so great in the sun.

Has anyone ever seen Joton Hard Top, polyurethane, very tough stuff, but cant find it in CM.

The Jotun shop on Super Highway closed and moved up

to the exit to Mae Jo road,and that one has closed down

as well and I don't know where they have gone.

Yes that is a very good paint ,I painted my Koi pond with

it many years ago and it is still good. hope you find what

you are looking for.

regards Worgeordie

Jotun shop is now on Sridornchai road, about half way between the moat corner and Suriwong Bookstore on the same side as the bookstore. Big sign, next to a building supply place and they have the data from the old store on the Super near the MJ road.

Jotun shop is now on Sridornchai road, about half way between the moat corner and Suriwong Bookstore on the same side as the bookstore. Big sign, next to a building supply place and they have the data from the old store on the Super near the MJ road.

Bless you my son!

This stuff is not so great in the sun.

Not so great in the sun.

I was wondering about that.

In fact there is epoxy deck paint....not gloss of course.....and there is epoxy paint for places like oil refineries......my guess is that may be matt. Anyway they are both highly exposed to sun yet both have extraorinary durability.

It's possible matt or semi matt might be more resistant to sun as they don't need the clearness which gives the gloss but of course will let light into deeper levels.

What made you say that Pond Life.....personal experience?

Edited by cheeryble

Yes, plenty of experience with Pengard, durable but develops a kind of dusty matt surface that will come off on your hand.

I seen Hard Top used on many boats in Phuket (includeing mine), many years in full sun on a flat deck, perfect.

Hard Top's deck paint so it must be matt not gloss eh?

Had only been thinking of gloss as more resistant to dirt stains, but actually matt would be perhaps better if it can be scrubbed off nice and clean.

Obviously would prefer not to mix two parts if I can help it, it makes touching up a pain too.

In any case will get down to Jotun at Sridonchai soon.

Edited by cheeryble

h-ha this topic may have become moot.

I went to Jotun.

They only do gallons..... or about 4 litres part B so about 1 litre part A.

Total cost of undercoat and topcoat A and B about 4750 baht.

Nearly as much as the tables!

It may be back to the drawing board.

Will ponder that.......better find out how much alternative table and chairs cost....though that could be quite dear.

Maybe best just paint a decent light grey paint and recoat every year or two.