Same same will people never learn

robblok

His (presumably) wife was with him so he could have given the baby to her. I am not much for dressing up and such but Thais seem to like it for these kind of occasions and you are trying to get a service so better get on their good side.

Ever tried taking a baby to a Thai government office and having to wait all day?

(for all you know he was alone, and getting an extension for looking after baby, so baby had to be there).

As for dress, you do understand babies constantly leak bodily fluids from both ends, wear a suit, I think not.

Really Mr. Robblock, have some compassion for others.

Thanks but he was not alone he was with what i think was his wife. Though i do find you have a point. I was not talking about wearing a suit, I don't wear a suit. Just a bit more then an old t shirt and swimming shorts and those rubber / plastic sandals with holes in them that are used to walk in water.

It just was that combined with his attitude, as i pointed out after years of wearing a suit I don't wear them anymore but make sure i look presentable when dealing with people that have power and can mess me up. It is just common sense.

Still the point of the baby leaking fluids has to be a mitigating circumstance that i did not think about.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been said in other threads and I'll say it here.

Many, but not all, expats are out right low-life rejects in their home country.

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I think courtesy and respect goes a long ways from both a customer and service provider standpoint.

Being rude is never acceptable from either side.

Yes, but I wonder why he asked me if I had a work permit, it sounds a bit sinister to me. I was going to take a job at a different school last year, and was granted my fourth work permit, the third at that office. Ths schools Head of the English Dept told me to give the lady at the Labour Dept 3000 Baht for my work permit, I said no, the school should pay for it, so that was that. I have not taught since.

Hmm makes me think of the saying " Cut off your nose to spite your face" Why not just pay keep the income and work on having the school pay for it next year by showing them the way it could be handled? serious $100 is nothing to keep work.

Yes, but I wonder why he asked me if I had a work permit, it sounds a bit sinister to me. I was going to take a job at a different school last year, and was granted my fourth work permit, the third at that office. Ths schools Head of the English Dept told me to give the lady at the Labour Dept 3000 Baht for my work permit, I said no, the school should pay for it, so that was that. I have not taught since.

Hmm makes me think of the saying " Cut off your nose to spite your face" Why not just pay keep the income and work on having the school pay for it next year by showing them the way it could be handled? serious $100 is nothing to keep work.

If he needed the money yes.. but if he just taught for the fun of it and had some principles.

• Like 1

Your right Scotty, but if I'm honest, I was not to sure about the job, and it was only at half the pay for my last job. But again, I am a man of principles

• Like 1

If he needed the money yes.. but if he just taught for the fun of it and had some principles.

I can't say I needed the money though I did enjoy teaching, also. I do not have a Batchelors degree, only a college certificate from Scotland and a TEFL here in Thailand.

When I go to Immigration I always wear full evening dress, arrive by helicopter, wai everyone in the place - cleaners included- and shower everyone with 1000 baht notes.

Can anyone top that?

Of course I can top that, ill just shake you a bit so you wake up and get back to reality biggrin.png

I can't say I needed the money though I did enjoy teaching, also. I do not have a Batchelors degree, only a college certificate from Scotland and a TEFL here in Thailand.

On account you couldn't even spell bachelors correctly............ I'd say thats a giver.

• Like 1

When I go to Immigration I always wear full evening dress, arrive by helicopter, wai everyone in the place - cleaners included- and shower everyone with 1000 baht notes.

Can anyone top that?

and your martini was waiting for you at the immigration counter...shaken not stirred of course, and you received a complimenary massage while waiting for the return of your documents..."the name is Heavy...HeavyDrinker".....biggrin.png

Edited by Soutpeel

So Quietman, no English teacher should ever make a mistake? Did you never make a mistake in your job whatever that was or is? I could pick out two mistakes you have made in your short sentence, so maybe you should live up to your name and just keep quiet.

So Quietman, no English teacher should ever make a mistake? Did you never make a mistake in your job whatever that was or is? I could pick out two mistakes you have made in your short sentence, so maybe you should live up to your name and just keep quiet.

Why are you still going on about this ?.....you came across as a grammar nazi and were called on it...give it rest and move on dear boy

• Like 1

It's been said in other threads and I'll say it here.

Many, but not all, expats are out right low-life rejects in their home country.

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I have to agree. Thailand does bring out the lowest common denominator

Can anyone top that?

You don't get the golf buggy?

You really need to lift your game old bean..

Edited by GrantSmith

Can anyone top that?

A couple of years ago I got talking to a few guys in a bar in Pattaya and mentioned I was doing a visa run the next day. They said they were doing the same and that I could tag along. I thought at the time when they mentioned halo's they were a bit drunk, talking about angels or were religious.

post-76988-0-42396500-1372569996_thumb.j

Visas issued in four minutes and thirty seconds for all................thumbsup.gif

HD, you started this.......rolleyes.gif

NB: HALO - High Altitude. Low Opening