Forever the bad guy

thequietman

I have a Canadian friend who has helped a Thai family for about 10 years and he told me that whatever he gives it is never enough. But he tells me he loves the children that were babies when he first met them, so he puts up with it. However, he also said he sets a limit on the money he gives and seldom goes over that amount. He just calls it charity and doesn't care how much the woman moans for more. Fortunately, he is not personally involved other than loving the children and he tells me the love is reciprocated. I think he is crazy but he just laughs and says he can afford it.

I can certainly see how men could get involved with young, attractive woman with children, and getting themselves into trouble by getting married.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should've gotten angry at the wife saying that you wanted to save money for their future, e.g. so you can afford to send them to a good uni.

You've never heard the phrase 'the future is uncertain' here in Thailand??

I agree about saving for the future.

But I don't agree about getting angry with Thai.

Yep!

Getting angry with Thai people is always a losing move.

You should've gotten angry at the wife saying that you wanted to save money for their future, e.g. so you can afford to send them to a good uni.

That is totally unrealistic, a good laptop could be had for less than the price of a flight to a country with a good university.

Do you realistically think his wife (or the kid) will calculate that? His wife is selfish - appeal to what she wants and he can get away with anything.

You've never heard the phrase 'the future is uncertain' here in Thailand??

I agree about saving for the future.

But I don't agree about getting angry with Thai.

Anger does not imply violence, it is perfectly reasonable to be angry or upset (probably a better word) about something in Thailand as long as you're able to contain any violence - it demonstrates that you're genuine.

Yes I've heard that, that's why he has to deal with the problem in the present, he doesn't want to pay for another laptop, he needs an excuse that will work, he can deal with the uni problem when it comes up.

Remember this golden rule:

In Thailand, we never lend money, we only give money, although they may call it a loan to make it sound more justified, they really mean, will you give or buy this for me.

So in fact, if you lend money or give credit, do not expect to ever see any of that money again, either in part or whole. This is something I have learned from experience over the years.

yup.. you`d have been better off giving him your old laptop and buying a new one for yourself.... (assuming you have one.. most folk do these days innit..)

Edited by kristophon

A few useful tips:

You give a hand - they want an arm.

Enough is never enough.

One step back - you start a journey in an opposite direction.

Re-educate your wife or she will re-educate you.

He is her son not yours - what about his father? - would your own son ask for you to buy his girlfriend a ... something?

Give me, now give to my son, now give to my mom... and you are 'Bob's your uncle'.

Thai culture... hmm... and what about yours?

If you still have to ask advice on the subject - you are a goner anyway... Why don't you trust your own feelings? Need approval? Whose?

BTW if once I was told that I'm a bad guy - wouldn't stay one day longer with the woman - 'go and find a better one' is my position.

Referring to the last sentence:

Not easy to do in real life, if the Farang has already invested 95 % of his assets in land,house,car(s) etc., knowing that by "bailing-out", he will leave his assets behind !

Cheers.

how do you feel being used as atm-card in the family?.. they must love you.. or your atm-card? and why cant your wife pay it if he so needs it?

Only gets her house keeping. No more. This isn't my first ride on the merry-go-round my friend.

House keeping money? Way too generous laugh.png

• Like 1

Quietman. You've obviously missed the key factor that all your Thai family, and Girlfriends, have been reading the millions of posts on Thai Visa, and have noted that according to many who know it all, we who come to marry and live peacefully in this country are all lowlife scumbags who are mentally deficient with fat bellies, bad hygiene, small dicks and couldn't pull the feathers from a Chicken, let alone pull a woman.

Add to this the fact that we are apparently such dimwits that we throw all our money around like we are some kind of superior white folk with Colonial tendencies feeling sorry for the local natives and spend the rest of our time in bars telling our 'friends' about our heroics during the time we were on special assignment from the SAS to the US Special Forces during every war since 1945 until the current Syrian Crisis.

Is it any wonder that your family thinks you are an easy touch for money? If they read the majority of <deleted> written on here they most likely think you are about to be committed to a mental institution, so why not rip you for a few bucks before you get carried away !!

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the second laptop, wasn't really for the girlfriend, but to be sold, and with that money, they MIGHT make payments on the first laptop for a while.

That would not be the first time ... whistling.gif