TMB Bank info review please also SWIFT fees

Hi, My gf recently opened TMB Bank acc. for me.

I cant see much info about this bank

Any good? I not used it much yet

First of all I want know I can use it to transfer money to my UK bank acc (nationwide)

Like by SWIFT or something like that

and how much it would cost ?

Thank you

Kris

You can transfer money, call for swift number.

I have business account with them for few years and can only say its the worst bank I have used .

Customer service in English non existent

Customer service In general really bad

Branch service pretty bad

Internet banking is inferior

i mean other way around from TMB to UK acc.

also can u use TMB card for pay online like paypal or ebay ?

Oh, yes have fees to send from TMB, though not sure how much.

I do not have TMB ATM card, as its a business account and for some reason this bank only has passbooks for business accounts, so no idea about paying online.

If you want to use TMB Bank to send money to Bank in another country you have to have proof of why. In other words you can send money to pay a credit card account in another country but they will require a copy of your statement. They average about 400 baht to do if you do not pay the foreign bank charges, I do monthly and they will fill all paper work for you after the first time. Better than Bangkok Bank. The money arrives in tou foreign bank account the same day if you use the swift code for the receiving bank.

I have been banking at the TMB for ten years and haven't had any problems.

I get SWIFT money no problems from Canada, but haven't sent anything.

Internet banking is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I pay bills, transfer

money to other accounts in TMB, and other banks. Might find the infor on their

web site.

I found this on the Bangkok bank site:

4. What information do I need to send money to an overseas bank?
Bangkok Bank will need the following details:

- The recipient’s account name and number
- The currency and amount of money
- The name and address of the recipient bank
- The SWIFT code of the recipient bank (if available)
- The purpose of the transfer

If you are transferring funds to a bank account in Europe, you should provide an IBAN (International Bank Account Number) in your payment instruction.

5. Is there a limit to the amount I can transfer?
The maximum amount you can transfer out of Thailand is determined by the Bank of Thailand, depending on the source of funds and/or the purpose of payment, including supporting documents. For example, if you are a foreigner repatriating proceeds from the sale of a condominium, then you would need to submit the purchase and sales contract and ownership title documents. In this case, the maximum transfer amount would be the selling price for the condominium.

Regardless of how much is transferred, the Bank of Thailand requires senders to specify in their payment instruction the purpose of the payment (Thai residents) or the source of the income (for foreigners), as well as present any supporting documents.

Reason for Transfer

Supporting Documents

Repatriating income (Foreigner) Letter from your employer stating your income Paying for goods or services Invoice Paying for educational expense

A letter from the college or school stating tuition fees; or Invoice from the school

thank you for the help

but today i managed to open bank account on a turist visa smile.png

in a Krung Thai Bank http://www.ktb.co.th/ktb/en/index.aspx

I got Shop Smart card blue daimond, comes with insurance, like when u die or accident, about 1000 per year.

thats instead using my gf acc.

so now I have to find out about this acc.

thx all

More iinfo/details on the card and associated insurance. Link

Just some useful info.

For personal banking i use K Bank, and today for the first time in 10 years i received notification email for money being transferred from overseas.

Money always just arrived in my account and total looked somewhat close to exchange rate.

Well, today in the detailed email, i discovered Kbank charges 200 baht for inward commission,70 baht for domestic transfer(whatever that means), 20 for lease line charges(again whatever that means)

So beaware! mind you i have never seen or read about any of this charges