200hp Vigo!

VTR1000

Most diesel engines with electronic injection can have their ECU's remapped,make sure whoever does it knows what he is doing as it normally involves opening the ECU and unsoldering the relevant chip putting this on to a reader connected to a laptop and remap the chip.This is only going to be as good as the information used to remap.In the UK most of the chipping is done using information developed on rolling roads in Holland,to give the best balance of power and economy.

All manufacturers give themselves some safety margins in their power outputs and by chipping you are going to stress your engine more,but the dealer will not be able to tell if its been modified so as long as you are under warranty period just enjoy the power.

If only it was that simple, Most ECU's are sealed, so how are you going to replace the Chip?

What is normally down is to install an intercepter unit such as those made my Autronic's, These sit between the ECU and Injectors (and ignition) enabling you to load various fueling maps, which are usually programmed on a Dynometer to get the best solution to what ever tuning modifications you have previously carried out, Ie exhaust mods, higher boost pressures etc.

Not all ecus are sealed, i have had my vwt5 chipped, ( ecu removed ,re-mapped and reinstalled ) went from 174ps to 201 ( yes dyno checked before and after,. ) there is one main reason why manufacturers restrict their vehicles to the power they do, emmissions, i gave that t5 hel_l for 44000 miles in 12 months and it didnt use oil, ran smoother and overall no worse on fuel, if you want fuel economy but a mira ! whatever you do to a vigo you will never make it pollute as bad as the bangkok buses !, im off to get one for mine ! ( a power up box )

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most diesel engines with electronic injection can have their ECU's remapped,make sure whoever does it knows what he is doing as it normally involves opening the ECU and unsoldering the relevant chip putting this on to a reader connected to a laptop and remap the chip.This is only going to be as good as the information used to remap.In the UK most of the chipping is done using information developed on rolling roads in Holland,to give the best balance of power and economy.

All manufacturers give themselves some safety margins in their power outputs and by chipping you are going to stress your engine more,but the dealer will not be able to tell if its been modified so as long as you are under warranty period just enjoy the power.

If only it was that simple, Most ECU's are sealed, so how are you going to replace the Chip?

What is normally down is to install an intercepter unit such as those made my Autronic's, These sit between the ECU and Injectors (and ignition) enabling you to load various fueling maps, which are usually programmed on a Dynometer to get the best solution to what ever tuning modifications you have previously carried out, Ie exhaust mods, higher boost pressures etc.

Not all ecus are sealed, i have had my vwt5 chipped, ( ecu removed ,re-mapped and reinstalled ) went from 174ps to 201 ( yes dyno checked before and after,. ) there is one main reason why manufacturers restrict their vehicles to the power they do, emmissions, i gave that t5 hel_l for 44000 miles in 12 months and it didnt use oil, ran smoother and overall no worse on fuel, if you want fuel economy but a mira ! whatever you do to a vigo you will never make it pollute as bad as the bangkok buses !, im off to get one for mine ! ( a power up box ) SEE EBAY ITEM 230103886978

Anybody interested in a brand new Brembo Grand Tourismo brake kit for the Fortuner? Last 1 in stock!!!!

8 piston caliper (same as the Lamborghini) 365mm drilled/ventilated disks...ready to install. You must at least have 19inch wheels or higher.

TRD price 180,000 Baht.....PM me..special price!!!!!!!

Find some old posts about modifying Fortuners by Emilio. He's got a chip and new wheels and new breaks, all at TRD.

I think he said it was 192 hp.

In Bangkok Post article TRD mentioned measly 185 hp. Their total kit was 300,000 baht.

I have a typhoon power up system ( piggyback ) for the vigo 3.0D4D ,.b14.000 for sale,5 MINUTES ,2 PLUGS TO INSTALL,. 203 at the flywheel. 175 at the wheels ( yes i have rolling road printout ) 038 406210

Here is another example. This is a Nissan Frontier though but has a Toyota Supra 2 JZ-GTE engine. This replacment engine is also modified from its twinturbo original to a bigger single turbo. Probably looking at 400-500 hp in this one.

It also has a pair of nice Brembo brakes.

2 JZ-GTE easily holds up with 800 hp on stock bottom. You dont need to think about changing anything inside of it as a result of this high power output. Its a pure race breed engine from the Toyota factory when its delivered as original. Its reconed to be one of the thoughest built engines ever. Its a tuners favorite all over the world as just modifying turbo, intecooler, injectors, ECU, header, intake etc. will do to get whatever power output you want.

There are hundreds of pickups modified this way all over Thailand. Most with the use of the 2.5 ltr 1 JZ-GTE.

Probably a fun drive it is. Have a look at it here

Nissan Frontier with 2 JZ-GTE

hmmmmm , i'd want to upgrade the brakes and rear suspension before putting another 40hp under my right foot.

This must be this threads joke right..?

Seriousely do you think the pickups are made for stopping 2 farangs with 2 skinny thai girls or a couple of tons of vegetables?

i have heard that there are workshops that will fit discs on the rear , but if the rear brakes are changed to discs , and they are not correctly configured or specced , couldnt they end up being be more powerful than the fronts and send the car into unpredictable skids etc ???

Maybe TRD can fit disk brakes on the rear wheels? But you are right, it can have some adverse effect on brake distribution, differential control, etc with are probably all electronically controlled so better seek some professional advice before making any modification.

Do you know what TRD is?

TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development and is Toyotas right wing whats concerning Toyota factory racing and tuning parts. It will be similar to

I PUT TRD INTO GOOGLE AND IT CAME UP WITH "THAI RIDGEBACK DOG " !

Mercedes Benz - AMG

Bmw - M POWER

Nissan - NISMO

Mitsubishi - RALLIART

Subaru - STI (SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL)

Honda - MUGEN

I PUT TRD INTO GOOGLE AND CAME UP WITH " THAI RIDGEBACK DOG " !

Well, great, but why doesn't Toyota offer the same thing? From this advertising piece it looks like there are no trade-offs, which is very unlikely in real life.

First of all, I would take these HP ratings with a grain of salt.

Second, you get worse gas mileage.

"First of all, I would take these HP ratings with a grain of salt."

Why..Please explain..

"Second, you get worse gas mileage."

Really.. please explain..

Programming a fuel system to get more power AND better fuel economy simply cannot be done. Don't you think a manufacturer would quickly jump on that kind of an advantage over the competition? Granted that you can get more power but you CERTAINLY will pay at the fuel pump.

There are hundreds of scams that promise both better fuel economy and more power. Most of them are priced at $39.95 for some reason. All are guaranteed or your money back. :o

Programming a fuel system to get more power AND better fuel economy simply cannot be done. Don't you think a manufacturer would quickly jump on that kind of an advantage over the competition? Granted that you can get more power but you CERTAINLY will pay at the fuel pump.

There are hundreds of scams that promise both better fuel economy and more power. Most of them are priced at $39.95 for some reason. All are guaranteed or your money back. :o

what you can do is make an engine run better ( by re-programming the ecu ),and if driven the same as before it was modified it will give better mileage, this is a proven fact, most people buying an uprated ecu will be doing so to gain more power and if you use this extra power you will use more fuel ,period, if fuel economy is a big issue i sugest another vehicle anyway,..i have been fitting dynojet kits to bikes for years as the manufacturers have to lean off the evu/carb to get the thing through emmisions, mid range power is always noticable and it runs better, .but back to the diesel, these things advertised for $39.95 are not the same as modifying your ecu with digital information, they can be trouble, they go out of sync.will cause warning lights to come on and in some cases shut the engine down, you get what you pay for springs to mind,..

I want one!!! :o

they are now available for 14000baht, ( D4D 3.0 ) 205 bhp 480Nm torque, ( graphs to prove ) dealer in pattaya is 038-406210

Hi all!...

Do you khow a dealer in Phuket who can make it?...

THERE IS NO DEALER IN PHUKET BUT THE GUY IN PATTAYA CAN SEND MAIL ORDER, ITS 5 MINS TO FIT !

THERE IS NO DEALER IN PHUKET BUT THE GUY IN PATTAYA CAN SEND MAIL ORDER, ITS 5 MINS TO FIT !

Like payment forward?...

YES, BANK TRANSFER/PAYPAL.

Sorry for my thoroughness...but I've been booking a rear stop-light already ...I've paid and wait it a long time... :D

therefore I want to know..When I need to pay?..On the post when I'll recieve it?..and I must to pay before shipping it?.... :o

Edited by TheRighteous

Like payment forward?...

YES, BANK TRANSFER/PAYPAL.

Sorry for my thoroughness...but I've been booking a rear stop-light already ...I've paid and wait it a long time... :D

therefore I want to know..When I need to pay?..On the post when I'll recieve it?..and I must to pay before shipping it?.... :o

I UNDERSTAND , WOULD YOU BE PREPARED TO BUY ON EBAY WITH PAYPAL, WE HAVE THEM ON THERE ALSO, OR CALL ME IN THE MORNING AND WE CAN HAVE A CHAT, MIKE

I UNDERSTAND , WOULD YOU BE PREPARED TO BUY ON EBAY WITH PAYPAL, WE HAVE THEM ON THERE ALSO, OR CALL ME IN THE MORNING AND WE CAN HAVE A CHAT, MIKE

Thank you very much fo your reply :o

...Last question-Is this mobile-038-406210 ?....

no that is a land line number ( better for your security ) speak tomorow, mike

Nordlys, I have a Fortuner and I was in a situation once where I had to really slam the brakes on, the Fortuner behaved well, dry road, me and 2 passengers. Slowed me down very very quickly, just as well too. :D

They seem very capable.

They're a good motor Nordlys, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Maigo6, good to know. :D I met a sales at Toyota Thonglor again yesterday and she told me TRD can fit the disk brakes on the rear, for about 30,000 Baht. She said TRD warranty will take over Toyota from that point on and said they are very reliable. But I'll probably leave them "as is".

So, why exactly would you even want to fiddle with something when Toyota obviously know best? Is it not fast enough? It does close to 180 kph straight out of the showroom, I'd say that's more than enough to kill yourself and a few others, some cattle, etc?

"LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS DANGEROUS "

Toyota sales said the same thing yesterday, that it can go up to the top speed of 190km/h. More than enough speed for SUV. :o

Find some old posts about modifying Fortuners by Emilio. He's got a chip and new wheels and new breaks, all at TRD.

I think he said it was 192 hp.

In Bangkok Post article TRD mentioned measly 185 hp. Their total kit was 300,000 baht.

I have a typhoon power up system ( piggyback ) for the vigo 3.0D4D ,.b14.000 for sale,5 MINUTES ,2 PLUGS TO INSTALL,. 203 at the flywheel. 175 at the wheels ( yes i have rolling road printout ) 038 406210

http://www.typhoonthai.com/home-en.htm

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I notice this thread may have died alone time ago - I've just fitted the Signaltronix Dcommader to my vigo 3.0 D4D and it makes a dramatic increase in power. It has much more response low down the rev range which is really where you need it most on these vehicles as there is no point in screaming the engine when you can get maximum power lower down. I also fitted the SLE speed limit eliminator, which allows it to reach 200+ kmh - The dyno was reading 250hp and ive seen the same vehicle with a few more modifications reach up to 300hp. Hit the throttle from standstill and the wheels just spin now, so i guess one will need to be aware during the rainy days. The good thing about this unit is there is a switch to turn it of so it runs as standard. I payed 29'000 baht for the 2 units fitted. My friend has a Mazda DT-50 and fitted both similar units for that model which cost him only 15'000baht - The mazda even thou its a 2500cc seems to run allot faster, mind you it is manual geared and has limited slip diff.

hey VTR1000,

actually to answer your power upgrade question, yes they are piggibacks softwares that do that.

i actually also sell them, to the extent my friend owns a diesel tuning shop. they have all they stuff you requested.

brakeupgrades, even rear converisions, and even six piston brake setups. they sell suspensions and ecu's etc.

anyways their are several promising piggiebacks/ecu units in the market.

though for the vigo/ fortuner, the leader in the market and highest in quality is

Megafire unit. it increases about 40hp and over 100nm of torque. which means the vigo should have about 200hp and about 400-450nm of torque with this unit.

the megafire is a advanced piggiback unit, it controlls the fuel injections pressure and also critical timing, to optimize performance and minimal black smoke. it sells for 35,000bhat. i believe this is the unit your friend talked about. as this unit is used on all the vigo rally trucks... :o

anyways they are several other units, that will adjust many things, such as your throttle pressure, independent fuel injection controller-compltely tuneable, boost cut controller etc....

anyways if you would like further proof of this, you can have alook at my

320HP 650NM OF torque, mitsubishi triton 4x4, 3.2gls diesel.---btw my triton is an automatic!!!!!

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/shed.php?view=1&id=296

anyways my friend the owner of the diesel tuning company, (commonrail center) his name is AKE, or AK...for english....

has a 370WHP and over 500NM of torque to the wheels, VIGO! so anyways im guessing if you are looking for power, brake, suspensions upgrades we can help fulfill your desires!!! :D

contact me for more/ further details... :D

Philip

086-086-3221.......

anyways i live in sukhumvit/asoke area so if any would like to have a look at the triton and/or chat about what you might need, then dont hesitate to call.

So how will changing standard discs with larger discs using the OEM calipers improve braking performance? It might reduce fade as the larger surface area will dissipate heat better, but will braking distance be reduced also?

braking distance will be improved by still using standard clipers,

thus to improve your brake performance, i recommend changing the rotors, either to larger or slotted rottors (not crossed drilled---they a prone to cracking), and a change of higher performance brake pads.

right now i have bendix king thaitanium...., they are several other brands out to......

by changing your brake pads to a higher friction, higher temp rating, u will have much more stopping power esspecially during higher speeds and wet. at the same time the large or slotted rottors will despense the heat alot better, not to menation the larger brake rotor surface area being braked upon will work alot better then oe setup.

anyways their is a cheaper alternative, and the alternative im going for.....

SKYLINE R33 brake, or R32. GTS (they can fit the standard rim size-16", rather then the GTR -brembo which needs 18" rims)

the skyline r33 brakes a renouned for its performance, and well for the front pair of rotors, pistons caliper etc it cost only 7000BHAT!!!!- a shop i know have large stocks of the skyline brakes and mitsubishi gto set.

the gto set is a set of all 4! disk brakes...thus a full converision, including rear...is only B15000.

all i recommend to do with these brakes is just change the pad, if they are worn. they have a large selection so u can choose accordingly... anyways they wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out preform RUNSTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but dont look as good :o brembo is a great choice the gt kit for the front though is about 6piston 50,000-70,000!!!!!!!! the normal 4piston about 30-40000....pricyyy!

at least for me it is, i would just go for the skyline brakes or just the full set of the gto!

which personally i think is a veryyyyyyyyyyyy good setup...due to the natural gto weight being very near to the 2ton mark and its 4wd, means each wheel has a decent brake setup made to stop a halling two ton 4wd sports car with over 300hp with ease!

anyone intrested?