Bitter Chalerm makes mockery of Cabinet reshuffle

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree he's telling the truth but it didn't stop him filling his boots up for the last two years.

I've always wondered why politicians think they can run departments that they have no knowledge or experience of. It seems a recipe for chaos, and that's not just in Thailand.

Isn't it usually Government employees who KNOW the job, and politicians use their knowledge. Look at the sitcom 'yes minister'.

I'm sure the people at the Labour Department are wondering: 'why us?'

It's always great to see a bully get his come-uppance. But, given that he is still a minister (for how long?), we'll still have plenty of comedy from HMV.

Does this mean he will have to deal with the us embassy concerning issues like forced labour?

The embassy must be over the moon.

Yes I agree he's telling the truth but it didn't stop him filling his boots up for the last two years.

I've always wondered why politicians think they can run departments that they have no knowledge or experience of. It seems a recipe for chaos, and that's not just in Thailand.

Isn't it usually Government employees who KNOW the job, and politicians use their knowledge. Look at the sitcom 'yes minister'.

Thanks for proving my point, " Yes, Minister " being the best example of inept politicians controlling departments they have no knowledge of. It's absurd.

Thanks for proving my point, " Yes, Minister " being the best example of inept politicians controlling departments they have no knowledge of. It's absurd.

Absurd it may be, but why would anyone believe that a politician has any specific knowledge of the ministry he or she heads up. Even if they do, there is zero guarantee they will be any good at it.

It happens the world over.

With replacing Chalerm this government has signed it's dissolution. Keep an eye on what's gonna come above water in the coming days.

My prognosis are another month before the PTP is dissolved or another coup takes place. Let's pray it doesn't get bloody.

my prognosis is that you are dead wrong.

shall we wait and see?

Absurd it may be, but why would anyone believe that a politician has any specific knowledge of the ministry he or she heads up. Even if they do, there is zero guarantee they will be any good at it.

That may be so, but in this particular case we have a PM very, very sure about herself and her choices.

""Prime Minister’s Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios.""

Of course if you think 'being compatible with' and 'having specific knowledge of' a certain Ministry is not the same ... rolleyes.gif

That may be so, but in this particular case we have a PM very, very sure about herself and her choices.

""Prime Ministers Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios.""

Of course if you think 'being compatible with' and 'having specific knowledge of' a certain Ministry is not the same ... rolleyes.gif

I would be happier of they found 20 odd honest, law abiding, un corrupt people. That would be a start.

I would be happier of they found 20 odd honest, law abiding, un corrupt people. That would be a start.

That would also be a miracle, those sort of people want nothing to do with politics, understandably. sad.png

But wouldn't it be wonderful, if former-DPM not-so-Super-Chalerm were to continue to tell more of the truth about what's really going-on in the PTP peoples'party, as he appears to have done when speaking to the Isaan-MPs ?

Sadly I fear that he'll be too 'tired and emotional' to continue with this novel approach. rolleyes.gif

That would also be a miracle, those sort of people want nothing to do with politics, understandably. sad.png

But wouldn't it be wonderful, if former-DPM not-so-Super-Chalerm were to continue to tell more of the truth about what's really going-on in the PTP peoples'party, as he appears to have done when speaking to the Isaan-MPs ?

Sadly I fear that he'll be too 'tired and emotional' to continue with this novel approach. rolleyes.gif

I think you mean pissed ;)

• Like 1

Another foot in the mouth gem from ............."Chalerm accused Pol Colonel Thawee Sodsong, head of the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre, of telling Thaksin and Yingluck 'pure lies' that the police were unhappy with him for setting up gambling dens. So, now we must wonder if this was so."

""Prime Minister’s Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios.""

Of course if you think 'being compatible with' and 'having specific knowledge of' a certain Ministry is not the same ... Posted Image

Does Ms Yingluck share her spokesperson's confidence in her abilities?

I think you mean pissed wink.png

Yes, I'm trying to be diplomatic, although it doesn't come easily. rolleyes.gif

The phrase 'tired and emotional' is commonly used by the UK satirical-magazine 'Private Eye', to mean 'pissed', they also use 'discussing Ugandan affairs' for 'rumpy-pumpy' ! tongue.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

Surprised that The Great Chalerm hasn't made any proclamations on his first day in the Labour department - probably got lost after collecting his ear medicine after his annual check up, and is currently in a maternity ward sleeping off the effects. whistling.gif

Some absolutely beaut comments from Yingluck yesterday

"She said that as labour minister, Mr Chalerm has a chance to become more engaged."

"As a deputy prime minister he was responsible for overseeing policy. Now he has a chance to get to work," she said."

And also not to be missed

"Mr Chalerm said Monday he would not attend cabinet's first meeting Tuesday because he has an appointment for an annual physical check-up."

"I am not being sulky or anything," he said. "I have an appointment and I need to take leave."

Must be a hell of an appointment to miss the first cabinet meeting, must have been off to get a new prescription for Ear Medicine.

Chalerm must be in a volcanic rage after what Yingluck said above "Now he has a chance to get to work" !! It really makes me giggle my ass off. Karma...sweet karma!

Beats 'judging a Primary School painting competition' as an excuse
  • Like 1