Newly reshuffled Cabinet determined to rid Thailand of corruption

webfact

Newly reshuffled Cabinet determined to rid Thailand of corruption

BANGKOK, 1 July 2013 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will announce her Government’s commitment on corruption suppression after the first meeting of the newly reshuffled Cabinet at Government House tomorrow.

Prime Minister’s Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios.

He cited the Prime Minister as saying that everyone of them is determined to stamp out corruption and that the reshuffle was meant to reinforce an image of Thailand to the global community as a country with a lower level of corruption.

The Spokesperson further stated that Ms. Yingluck would like to see public participation in the fight against graft and corruption.

He encouraged Thais to report such practices via Hotline 1206 or leave a message at www.stopcorruption.go.th.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-01 footer_n.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He cited the Prime Minister as saying that everyone of them is determined to stamp out corruption and that the reshuffle was meant to reinforce an image of Thailand to the global community as a country with a lower level of corruption.

Definately a country with lower levels of ___________ (fill in the blank space) Not sure the corruption will stop. Just a few new faces around the trough! As for the thoughts of the global community, is that laughter I hear?

I will believe it when I see the first cabinet member or hiso go to jail for at least 20 years.

Other than that just more blah blah blah.

Mere words mean nothing.

Everybody wants to see the results.

Impossible, the only way is total Feudal Thai high-so politicians GENOCIDE

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will announce her Government’s commitment on corruption suppression "

Suppress all the information, not let the public know who nand what is still involved.
Her brother the worst offender.

• Like 1

I heard this news report on the radio while driving my car.. Almost lost control of the vehicle due to excessive laughter.. Best joke in recent years..

cheesy.gif

Edit: Seeing their website, seems only locals can report corruption (or someone who can read/write Thai language) :>

Edited by kotsak
  • Like 1

It would have been so much better if they would just have said nothing. So now the very people banned from politics for 5 years for corruption are going to eradicate corruption rolleyes.gif Perhaps they will stop everyone else from doing it, just so they can take it all themselves. These people are still working a century old feudal system. The thing is you could tell the peasants anything in those day and they just sucked it up and believed you. Now with the internet that is no longer possible. Wait till all these young kids with their tablets grow a little and start finding out about the people that lead them.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

Have they arrived at the " Final Solution " and we will see Einsatzgruppen travelling throughout Thailand rooting out all who hold any official position ?

Hilarious. Nothing like a holocaust joke...

Well the Khmer Rouge instigated a holocaust and just where do you think or rather WHO do you think Thaksin and the Shiniwatra clan are getting their inspiration from. Those people on here that admire and support the reds clearly have no clue about what is happening, and if they do have an idea and continue to support them, then they deserve no place in society...just like their leaders.

I don't understand your post or why it is (apparently) addressed to me...

There is little in common between the Third Reich and the Khmer Rouge - even the nature of their crimes bear a significant difference.

Thaksin and his clan are getting their inspiration from the KR? That's one of the oddest things I've heard. I could spend pages writing of my contempt for Thaksin - and have in earlier times and beginning even before he was PM - but I confess I am ignorant of how he was or is inspired by the KR - can you explain? And how does that relate to corruption? And in specifying only him and his clan, are you implying that corruption is confined to them or even has existed primarily among them?

They deserve no place in society? Are you actually suggesting that they SHOULD be the victims of execution squads?

I stand by my post: there's nothing at all humorous about the Einsatzgruppen or the Final Solution.